Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

7,198 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

What is your opinion of anti-war Tulsi Gabbard?

I like her, but she has zero chance of getting the nomination.   

She and Bernie Sanders could go toe to toe with Trump in a debate.    Trump will absolutely destroy Warren, Biden, Harris, and Booker.  

Have you ever seen this?

When Hillary crossed the stage and Trump "hovered" behind her in their second, she played the role of "victim" which did not play well with people who expected her to stand tough against the likes of Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping.    Had she nodded, or better yet, positioned herself aggressively, she might have picked up voters.  

There are some things i like about Elizabeth Warren, but she will absolutely get shredded.   I cannot believe how tone deaf the DNC has been to keep her in the race.   

10 hours ago, Kommentarlos said:

Here you go. Do carry on.

You're welcome :D

So, you and j2 post off topic so it's okay for everyone. Good to know. Thanks. -_-

Let's all give a loooonnnnggg collective eyeroll for this guy for finally figuring this out.

MAN TRUMP CALLED 'MY AFRICAN AMERICAN' LEAVING GOP, SAYS PARTY PURSUING 'PRO-WHITE' AGENDA

Gregory Cheadle, the man whom Trump referred to as "my African American" back in 2016, said he is leaving the Republican party due to his frustration with what he called the party's "pro-white agenda." The five-time Congressional candidate joined the Republican party in 2001, but said he'd be continue on as an independent.

The real estate broker from Redding, California, told PBS Newshour that he believes "President Trump is a rich guy who is mired in white privilege to the extreme," but is even more concerned with the Republican party's willingness to defend his actions.

Cheadle said the issue came to a head when Republicans were quick to defend Trump's tweets in July telling four female Representatives who are U.S. citizens to go back where they came from.

"They were sidestepping the people of color issues and saying that, 'No, its not racist,'" he said about members of the Republican party. "And I thought this is a classic case of whites not seeing racism because they want to put blinders on and make it about something else."

Cheadle announced that he will be running for the House of Representatives in 2020 as an independent in California's first congressional district, which has had a Republican representative since 2013. Critics of Cheadle and the Republican party have pointed out that his track record as a Trump supporter challenges his credibility in the upcoming campaign.He acknowledged that he may have waited too long, but said he was holding out hope that there would be movement on campaign promises to address issues relevant to black voters. [emphasis mine]

Big arrest imminent.

Interesting clip.

Now I may be wrong here but wasn't there some mixup in 2001 which led to the voting machines being made digital? Somewhere I read that Google sends a car to the voting station and tampers remotely with the machines. 

In the UK the tampering is done with those postal votes. Tony Bliar's Sedgefield has a voter call of 66,666. Don't believe me? Go look it up. 

5 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Big arrest imminent.

4chan predicting stuff again?

35 minutes ago, Krieg said:

4chan predicting stuff again?

No, this time it's from the brain trust on Gab.

How are you? Still fighting Trump-anti Trump wars?

The dude has narcissic personality disorder, loves himself over all. This is from his Twitter:

5d7ce615120a1_Screenshot_2019-09-14Donal

And this is Bibi Netanyahu election campaign poster in Tel Aviv:

b24b34f77f72562751a52600028c1e10fb769ba5

The guy on the right is smart and knows how to manipulate these kind of people, so the military aid of the US to Israel is secured. Whether you Americans love to have a so easily manipulated guy as a president, is up to you.

Lie down with frat boys, get up with a dick in your hand. Hey, Trumpy, no matter what you do the real Ivy Leaguers will never accept you as one of their own. 

President messed with John Legend and John's wife Chrissy Teigen on Twitter. Chrissy clapped back with an epic smack down calling the Prez  a "Pussy Ass Bitch" that trended on Twitter with the hashtag #President Pussy Ass Bitch  (PAB)

NSFW

True to form in pop culture it was remixed and put on YouTube:  

Stephen Colbert explains the salient details of their Twitter feud.

The bullshit continues. If the US military was short on bullets, he should have asked the NRA for some.

8 hours ago, hooperski said:

The bullshit continues. If the US military was short on bullets, he should have asked the NRA for some.

With major engagements in Afghanistan, troop deployments throughout the middle east, and a good sized naval presence in Asia, if there would be a major deployment into Syria, Libya, or the SA/Iran hotspot, it might stretch things a bit thin.

The most interesting and unexpected geopolitical development over the past 5 years is that the US is now the largest producer of crude oil in the world and a net exporter.   If the Straits of Hormuz close, China, Japan, Korea and EU basically stop.   

The US requesting that others come in and patrol the straits to insure that tankers make it out safely is simply a request for other countries to defend their own interests.   Germany does not want to help out despite the possibility that disruption of the world energy supply would kill its auto industry.   Flummoxing. 

One last point.    This graphic or other like it ignore the idea that the US has taken care of security since the end of WWII.    The US navy has 10 times the firepower of the rest of the world combined and insures safe shipping the world over.    You might be able to imagine why the deadbeats who cannot seem to gather up 2% of their GDP to contribute to their own defense, are unpopular in the US.   

5d81af377fbf9_ScreenShot2019-09-18at06.0

Right, wrong or otherwise, the US has indeed functioned as the world's policeman for decades.     The Cold War has been over for 30 years.    Interests have changed and it is no longer vital for the US to support its allies in the Cold War not only militarily but economically.  

Should be interesting times coming up.   

2 hours ago, balticus said:

Germany does not want to help out despite the possibility that disruption of the world energy supply would kill its auto industry.   Flummoxing. 

All previous US administrations have been nicely asking Germany to stump up its fair share and do its bit but the Germans said no. Just ask yourself - how many German military bases there are around the world.

So, you, like Trump are complaining that some EU countries are not yet spending 2% of their GDP, which they promised to reach by 2024.  Last time I checked we are not in 2024.

And anyway, Germany could just raise the salary of everyone in the military system and reach the target. Would that make Europe safer?  

2 minutes ago, Krieg said:

So, you, like Trump are complaining that some EU countries are not yet spending 2% of their GDP, which they promised to reach by 2024.  Last time I checked we are not in 2024.

Germany is not increasing defense spending and is not prepared for basic military obligations.  

This problem started in the 1990s if not earlier.   When Schröder/Fischer decided to cut defense spending, US SecDef William Cohen was very irritated.   It is not something new with Trump, just that he behaves a bit like a landlord toward a deadbeat tenant. 

There is no reason that the US needs to provide security for ships carrying German goods or inputs headed towards Germany.    Security on the high seas has been provided for everyone without reimbursement.   

When the US pulls back, Germany has a lot to lose. 

2 minutes ago, Krieg said:

And anyway, Germany could just raise the salary of everyone in the military system and reach the target. Would that make Europe safer?  

Sounds like the response of a spoiled, petulant teenager rather than a country that realizes its security and trade position has been greatly enhanced by the current global system.    

As you probably know, i believe that Germany is making a huge mistake.    I live here (for now) and hope that the government takes a more sensible approach.  

38 minutes ago, balticus said:

Germany is not increasing defense spending and is not prepared for basic military obligations.  

OK, lets the numbers talk.

Germany's defense spending:

2014: 1,18%

2015: 1,18%

2016: 1,19%

2017: 1,23%

2018: 1,24%

2019: 1,36% (planned)

In 2018 Germany increased their defense budget from $45 billion to $50 billion.  But then the damn economy grew too much and made that increase look small in terms of GDP.  Damn economy not playing ball.

The 2% agreement (which is BS anyway) was done in 2014, so you couldn't expect big changes in 2015, it would be not realistic.  Since 2016 it has been steadily increasing, this is the numbers for the whole Europe:

2014: 1,47%

2015: 1,45%

2016: 1,46%

2017: 1,48% 

2018: 1,53%

2019: 1,58% (planned)

Source:  https://www.nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/pdf_2019_06/20190625_PR2019-069-EN.pdf

Expecting that a country make major changes in their budget from one day to another one is not reasonable if there is no imminent threat.   That's why they gave ten years to do it.  Why are they complaining then when we are not even yet half way in?

38 minutes ago, balticus said:

Sounds like the response of a spoiled, petulant teenager rather than a country that realizes its security and trade position has been greatly enhanced by the current global system.    

It shows that saying an arbitrary number like 2% is completely silly because there are no rules about how to spend that money.  For example, Greece is already fulfilling the 2% target, so everyone is happy.  But they use most of their expenses in paying military pensions and protecting themselves against Turkey, which is another Nato member.  So yes, they are investing the requested money, but not in relevant NATO things.

Of course, you chose to insult me instead of debating my argument.

19 minutes ago, Krieg said:

In 2018 Germany increased their defense budget from $45 billion to $50 billion.  But then the damn economy grew too much and made that increase look small in terms of GDP.  Damn economy not playing ball.

This ^^

This bullshit NATO target is basically punishment for GDP growth. Germany can decrease GDP, run into economic collapse, reduce its military spending, but the expenses /GDP ratio will be good for bureaucrats in Washington DC.