Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

7,155 posts in this topic

Fast forward to 7 minutes in.

Host, "You mention the Bible, what is your favourite book or verses, are you an old testament guy or new testament guy?"

Trump, "Probably equal, the Bible is just incredible".

Host, "What about music, Beethoven?"

Trump, "Love them, got all their hits, all the big ones"

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Forgive me for being a little behind here but the first thing I thought when I heard that Trump wanted to by Greenland was, "With what money?" With the current bazillion dollar debt and not even decent health care for its own people. Greenland is doing just fine, thank you. Who would want what the U.S. has to offer?

Something like 21 Trillion:

17 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Fast forward to 7 minutes in.

Host, "You mention the Bible, what is your favourite book or verses, are you an old testament guy or new testament guy?"

Trump, "Probably equal, the Bible is just incredible".

Host, "What about music, Beethoven?"

Trump, "Love them, got all their hits, all the big ones"

It seems to be a fair bet that he has read as much of the Bible as he has of the Koran.

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Forgive me for being a little behind here but the first thing I thought when I heard that Trump wanted to by Greenland was, "With what money?" With the current bazillion dollar debt and not even decent health care for its own people. Greenland is doing just fine, thank you. Who would want what the U.S. has to offer?

It was all just a big misunderstanding. Trump thought that Greenland was a yuge golfing complex. :lol:

On 8/21/2019, 3:06:37, jeremytwo said:

Hmmm now I wonder why he raised the issue of Greenland?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_Air_Base

Hmmmm now east of Thule Air Base, lies a Cold War Tunnel US Army base which had 200 soldiers in it during the Cold War:

Having mapped Cold War sites in Germany for a living, this is naturally interesting. Way more to the Greenland story than anyone thinks.

The Americans had cold war worries that the Russians would catch them in bed in Washington DC with their submarines so a part of their defense plan was closing the so called GIUK Gap by having bases in Greenland and Iceland. In 2006 they closed the base in Iceland saying it wasn't necessary anymore and they needed their ppl in the middle East but now they seem to have some interest again.  Pompeo was in Iceland earlier this year and Pence is coming to visit next month.

Even by Trump standards, the last 72 hours have been insane (written yesterday).

President Donald Trump repeatedly threatened to release ISIS fighters in Europe as a form of punishment for countries like Germany and France; said he’s strongly considering trying to change the Constitution by executive order (it doesn’t work that way); indicated he hasn’t ruled out trying to illegally serve more than two terms; rewrote history during comments about Russia’s expulsion from the G8 that framed the situation in the most pro-Kremlin manner possible; and, despite five draft deferments, joked about giving himself the Medal of Honor.

That was Wednesday. And that’s an incomplete list of all the outlandish stuff Trump said on that day alone.

Meanwhile, our resident propagandists and fake news purveyors would have you believe that this was a horrible, horrible relationship

5d5fa2b82d39f__92486083_gettyimages-1155

While this is the greatest relationship in the history of the world (and that's what a lot of people are saying, believe me)

5d5fa30d198f9_000fcc04-5001.jpg.6feb0975

So who are you going to believe? alt-bicus or your own lying eyes?

15 hours ago, LeonG said:

The Americans had cold war worries that the Russians would catch them in bed in Washington DC with their submarines so a part of their defense plan was closing the so called GIUK Gap by having bases in Greenland and Iceland. In 2006 they closed the base in Iceland saying it wasn't necessary anymore and they needed their ppl in the middle East but now they seem to have some interest again.  Pompeo was in Iceland earlier this year and Pence is coming to visit next month.

These discoveries are relatively recent, i.e last 10-15 years and provide a dimension which did not exist during the Cold War. 

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/energy-and-mineral-riches-of-the-arctic/

2 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Meanwhile, our resident propagandists and fake news purveyors would have you believe that this was a horrible, horrible relationship

While this is the greatest relationship in the history of the world (and that's what a lot of people are saying, believe me)

alt-bicus claims that the relationship between Germany and the US has become progressively worse since the 1990s and never stated that the relationship between the two countries has been anything but frosty since 2016.  

But keep on trotting out strawm... strawperson arguments. ;)

2 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Even by Trump standards, the last 72 hours have been insane (written yesterday).

5d5fa2b82d39f__92486083_gettyimages-1155

5d5fa30d198f9_000fcc04-5001.jpg.6feb0975

oh dear...

This article is more than 4 years old

NSA tapped German Chancellery for decades, WikiLeaks claims

From the far right Guardian...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/08/nsa-tapped-german-chancellery-decades-wikileaks-claims-merkel

Oh, look - our alt-reality members are swarming. Someone must have sent up the Pratsignal.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Oh, look - our alt-reality members are swarming. Someone must have sent up the Pratsignal.

1.  Stay calm.   Take some deep breaths. 

2.  Continue your ad hominems and avoid addressing any points they're making.

3.  Construct strawperson arguments and use them liberally.

4.  Post lots of memes.

5.  Give yourself some greenies.

6.  Wait for your buddies who are getting their daily fix from The Sun to finish looking at the Page 5 against 1 girl so they can give you greenies. 

Everything is going to be okay.