Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

5,891 posts in this topic

Donald Trump promised during his campaign that if he won the White House, he would wipe out the national debt in just eight years.

But in his first 2½ years in office, he has gone in the opposite direction.

Trump Friday signed into law a budget bill hammered out with leaders of the Democratic-led House and the Republican-controlled Senate. It was a rare bipartisan agreement but some in the GOP were furious over the increase in spending. 

The legislation will add an estimated $1.7 trillion to the national debt over the next decade, according to an analysis by the nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

That’s not all: When other bills that Trump has signed are factored in, Trump’s total contribution to the national debt is projected to top $4.1 trillion, the budget watchdog group said...

link

Trump continues to drain the swamp in search of appointees.

Bragger O'Liar strikes again-

President Donald Trump likes to boast about record-setting accomplishments, even when they aren't. Yet on one front — presidential appointment of federal judges — he's quite proud to claim that he's No. 2.

After all, no one is going to achieve a better record of seating judges than George Washington, who had a judiciary entirely made up of his choices simply because he was the first president. For Trump, if you can't be the best at something, being second best is impressive when you are exceeded only by the father of the country.

"Sadly, we will never be number one," Trump, who was actually not sad about this at all, told his rally in Cincinnati on Thursday night. "That's one record we're never going to beat." Even so, "there's only one person ... who percentage-wise has done better than me with judges."

But that's not true. He's not No. 2.

He's no higher than No. 5. He's behind at least Presidents John Kennedy, Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon in modern times as well as George Washington.

Russell Wheeler, a visiting fellow at the Brookings Institution and former deputy director of the Federal Judicial Center, has been tracking judicial appointments, analyzing data from the center and the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts. He updated his analysis Friday at the request of The Associated Press. His ranking is based on the number of appointees at the start of the third-year August recess as a percentage of "authorized judgeships," or the total judicial seats created by Congress.

Wheeler found that Trump has had 146 judges confirmed and seated (Trump said 148) and they make up 17% of total federal judgeships.

By this point in their presidencies, Kennedy had filled 30% of the federal judiciary, Clinton had filled 20% and Nixon had filled 25%.

On 7/27/2019, 7:49:57, balticus said:

The week before Trump made his remarks about the "Squad", Nancy Pelosi was trying to sideline them.   Now the corporatist wing of the Democratic party has been forced to embrace the "Squad" even though Americans seem to be weary of identity politics.   In other words, Trump just played Nancy (again).   

That's what our group of meme posting "intellectuals" just don't get.  Quite frankly I'm surprised that an experienced politician like Pelosi is having such a hard time containing those four rabble rousers.  Nonetheless it's telling that Omar (another anti-semite defended by the same moron who claims to be Jewish) has only a 9 % approval rating among swing voter.

I already told you why your 9% of "swing voter" figure is even more bullshit than you usually post, crampy. But if that's all you got, by all means, keep posting it. Maybe you'll get more of Loretta's alts to agree with you.

Your "concern" about Pelosi is just as irrelevant. The Democratic Party has always been a big tent, open to many different opinions and points of view, while Republicans have shown that they're willing to march lockstep into the depths of fascism just to stay in power (they just wish mayonnaise wasn't so spicy).

Meanwhile, in the real world, we "intellectuals" will worry about family separations, baby prisons, the general demonization of people of color and non-Christian religions, and the wanton enablement of white supremacists. But I guess that's your thing. Quelle surprise.

His errors show how little he cares.  He barely gave lip service to the horror of the shootings today, reading a perfunctory statement from the teleprompter while looking like an unrepentant schoolboy.  His body language was dismissive of his words: it was clear that he didn't expect anyone to believe him, he just wanted to get this over with.

Whataboutism regarding who is the worse corporatist makes me laugh.

Image may contain: house and text

14 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

I already told you why your 9% of "swing voter" figure is even more bullshit than you usually post, crampy.

And I have explained to you why this is yet another Jeffo fail.  The poll came from Axiom which I'm sure in your own little world is fake news.

https://www.axios.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-poll-democrats-2020-aeaa3771-f142-4059-b79e-1fed569dfdf9.html

AOC:  22 %

Omar:  9 %

Why am I not surprised that you're defending an anti-semite?  You did it before for Linda Sarsour...

Your "concern" about Pelosi is just as irrelevant.

Learn to read dumbass.  I said surprised not concerned.  In fact I'm glad that Pelosi is having such a hard time containing these four clowns.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Republicans were paying them.

lockstep into the depths of fascism

You've just described yourself.  You've threatened and doxxed people who had opposing views to yourself (those posts were quickly deleted much to your moderator buddies' credit) and I wouldn't be surprised if you secretly wished all Republicans were sent to the gulags or worse.  You also defend anti-semites so if you want to see the face of a fascist look in the mirror.

Meanwhile, in the real world, we "intellectuals" will worry about family separations, baby prisons, the general demonization of people of color and non-Christian religions, and the wanton enablement of white supremacists. But I guess that's your thing. Quelle surprise.

First off you and your online buddies never get off your computers so you have no connection to the real world.  Second if you are concerned with babies so much why do support murdering them?  Also how come I didn't hear a peep out of you in the Charlie Gard/Alfie Evans thread?  No Jeffo you don't care about anything just virtue signalling whenever the wind blows.  All jokes aside you have no integrity.

The Democratic Party has always been a big tent, open to many different opinions and points of view,

You mean like when they had millions of KKK members?  I wouldn't be surprised if you would have joined their ranks had you been born 50-100 years ago considering your love of anti-semites and your tendency of going whenever the wind blows.

Ooh, did I hit a sore spot there, Eric? Looks like you're throwing all the poo at the wall you can, to see if anything sticks.

grasping_at_straws.jpg.4a3469a5610e60226

J0ker, seen recently...

5 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Whataboutism regarding who is the worse corporatist makes me laugh.

Sorry to spoil your jovial mood.  

Fast-forwarding to 2012, his net worth -- $22.8 million -- was nearly three times higher than it was five years earlier (in 2007, it was $7.8 million). In 2008, as we found in McConnell's discloure forms from that year, he and his wife received a gift of between $5 million and $25 million after Chao’s mother died. This apparently accounts for the bulk of the increase during that five-year period.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/aug/25/alison-lundergan-grimes/alison-lundergan-grimes-ad-says-mitch-mcconnell-ma/

You must have arms like Popeye from carrying all that water for MoscowMitch, Loretta.

9 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

You must have arms like Popeye from carrying all that water for MoscowMitch, Loretta.

Still trying to work the Russian angle?   Seek professional help A$AP.   

How is your weight loss program coming along by the way?    Try to get out from behind the computer and move more than just your regular trips to the fridge.