Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

5,691 posts in this topic

Trump in one word..

idiot

liar

incompetent

moron

buffoon

racist

stupid

egotistical

insecure

Couldn't decide which one, they all vied competitively for first place

House 'strongly condemns' Donald Trump's racist comments amid fresh calls for impeachment

The House of Representatives has “strongly condemned” Donald Trump’s racist language, as some Democrats renewed calls to launch impeachment proceedings against the president.

In proceedings that underscored the toxicity between Democrats outraged by Mr Trump’s remarks, and Republicans who have largely declined to condemn him, the House denounced the president’s recent comments about four congresswomen, all of them women of colour.

The vote on Tuesday afternoon, which passed 240 – 187, approved a resolution saying “Donald Trump’s racist comments have legitimised fear and hatred of new Americans and people of colour”. It said it “strongly condemned” Mr Trump’s remarks that called for “our fellow Americans who are immigrants, and those who may look to the president like immigrants, should ‘go back’ to other countries”.

Donald Trump doesn't have a racist bone is his body, he had them surgically removed and replaced with bone spurs.

Trump and paedophile Jeffrey Epstein shown ogling young women in resurfaced video: 'Look at her ... she’s hot'

Donald Trump is shown in archive video chatting and joking with Jeffrey Epstein, the former financier facing child sex trafficking charges, during a party at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

The pair are seen admiring a group of young women in footage unearthed by NBC News and dating to 1992.

Mr Trump is seen to lean toward Epstein and apparently saying, “Look at her, back there. … She’s hot”.

This riveting Washington Post Op Ed by Trump's Senior Advisor Kellyanne Conway's husband, George Conway III: Trump is a Racist President.

George Conway III penned this Op Ed condemnation in response to Trump's racist tweets regarding The Squad

No, I thought, President Trump was boorish, dim-witted, inarticulate, incoherent, narcissistic and insensitive. He’s a pathetic bully but an equal-opportunity bully — in his uniquely crass and crude manner, he’ll attack anyone he thinks is critical of him. No matter how much I found him ultimately unfit, I still gave him the benefit of the doubt about being a racist. No matter how much I came to dislike him, I didn’t want to think that the president of the United States is a racial bigot.

But Sunday left no doubt. Naivete, resentment and outright racism, roiled in a toxic mix, have given us a racist president. Trump could have used vile slurs, including the vilest of them all, and the intent and effect would have been no less clear. Telling four non-white members of Congress — American citizens all, three natural-born — to “go back” to the “countries” they “originally came from”? That’s racist to the core. It doesn’t matter what these representatives are for or against — and there’s plenty to criticize them for — it’s beyond the bounds of human decency. For anyone, not least a president.

More winning -

The US deficit is projected to surpass $1tn in 2019, the largest it’s been outside of the four-year period following the Great Recession.

The new record, previously expected but made official in the White House Office of Management and Budget’s newly released mid-year review, subtitled "Promises Kept, Taxpayers First," is in direct contrast with Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign promise to wipe out the deficit.

The then-candidate also promised to heavily scale back the federal debt, which has now exceeded $22tn. His own advisers knew that both promises were impossible, and they morphed into smaller numbers along the trail.

Now, while running the country while simultaneously running for president, the president simple maintains that the economy is “perhaps the greatest economy we've had in the history of our country." This claim is often cited in conjunction with the Trump administration’s many tax cuts for the wealthy.

“The years when we increased deficits are years when the economy is slowing down,” Gary Cohn, a previous director of the National Economic Council, told CNBC last year.

But Republicans have maintained that the 2017 tax reform law, and many losses to federal regulations to support economic equality, would stimulate the economy.

Last week, Larry Kudlow, the top White House economic adviser, said we have already “virtually paid for” the tax cuts. He also claimed last June that the deficit “is coming down rapidly.” It was not.

Still, the deficit increase wasn’t unexpected. Deficits rose after tax cuts Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, both Republicans. Economic forecasters on both sides projected the pattern would repeat with the Trump iteration. The new estimate confirms that they were right.

Angela Merkel: 'I distance myself' from Donald Trump's racist comments

At her annual summer press conference, German Chancellor Angela Merkel strongly criticized the US leader for his recent diatribe against Democratic congresswomen, saying it went against America's strength.

"I firmly distance myself from it and feel solidarity toward the attacked women," Merkel said at her annual summer press conference in Berlin on Friday. The chancellor said that "people of very different nationalities have contributed to the strength of the American people."

She added that Trump's statements "contradict the strength of America."

Merkel joined other international leaders who have criticized Trump. The US president had tweeted that the congresswomen from the Democratic Party should "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

President Donald Trump’s meet-and-greet with a group of refugees who faced religious persecution quickly turned awkward when Trump asked a Yazidi woman where her family was moments after she had told them they were murdered by the Islamic State.

Just before Trump posed the question, the woman, Nadia Murad, a human rights activist who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2018, told the president how ISIS attacked her village, killed her mother and brothers, then took her and other women in her family as prisoners.

“Now there’s no ISIS, but we cannot go back [home] because the Kurdish government and the Iraqi government, they are fighting each other [over] who will control my area,” Murad told the president. “They killed my mom, my six brothers.”

“Where are they now,” Trump asked, cutting Murad off mid-sentence...

the rest

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

He probably had problems paying attention because he's thinking she won the Nobel prize and he would have wanted to.

I always feel better hearing about Trump's antics when the news is delivered by Stephen Colbert (or Trevor Noah).  "Wussalini" is a new one :)