Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

5,340 posts in this topic

Another GOPer comes out for impeachment.

A former longtime Republican congressman called Friday for the impeachment of President Donald Trump, who he said is an "illegitimate president."

"I'm calling for impeachment now because the Mueller report is out, and in it (special counsel Robert Mueller) describes 10 obstruction of justice charges that he could not bring because of a Department of Justice rule and regulation that says you can't indict a sitting president -- that's (reason) number one," former Rep. Tom Coleman, who represented Missouri for nearly two decades, told CNN's Erin Burnett on "OutFront."

Number two, I believe this is an illegitimate President because he welcomed help and influence from the Russians in his campaign," he said. "For example, his (campaign) chairman Paul Manafort met with a Russian intelligence asset in New York and shared with him their polling information and a strategy on how to win the Midwestern states."

On 5/23/2019, 7:11:59, A.N.Other said:

When you don‘t have a coherent argument, cry discrimination. That’s probably why that suddenly became one of the elusive goalposts. 

Oh! Lesbian. Can‘t look like I‘m picking on her. 

OK Got it!

You can accept it or not. It's still true. Mueller Prosecutors: Trump Did Obstruct Justice

Prosecutors working for Special Counsel Robert Mueller concluded last year that they had sufficient evidence to seek criminal charges against President Donald Trump for obstruction of justice over the president’s alleged pressuring of then FBI Director James Comey in February 2017 to shut down an FBI investigation of the president’s then national security adviser, Michael Flynn.

Privately, the two prosecutors, who were then employed in the special counsel’s office, told other Justice Department officials that had it not been for the unique nature of the case—the investigation of a sitting president of the United States, and one who tried to use the powers of his office to thwart and even close down the special counsel’s investigation—they would have advocated that he face federal criminal charges. I learned of the conclusions of the two former Mueller prosecutors not by any leak, either from them personally or from the office of special counsel. Rather, the two prosecutors disclosed this information in then-confidential conversations with two other federal law enforcement officials, who subsequently recounted what they were told to me. 

Pence is really chomping at the bit for a war -

Vice President Mike Pence warned West Point graduates on Saturday to expect combat at some point during their service in a “dangerous” world.

In a commencement speech, he said grads might have to fight against forces aligned with North Korea or China, or in Afghanistan or Iraq, as well as possibly face an unidentified foe in “this hemisphere.”

“It is a virtual certainty that you will fight on a battlefield for America at some point in your life. You will lead soldiers in combat. It will happen,” Pence said.

“Some of you will join the fight against radical Islamic terrorists in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some of you will join the fight on the Korean Peninsula and in the Indo-Pacific where North Korea continues to threaten the peace, and an increasingly militarized China challenges our presence in the region.”

He warned: “Some of you may even be called upon to serve in this hemisphere ... When that day comes, I know you will move to the sound of the guns.”...

link

Why Did Deutsche Bank Keep Lending to Trump?

Can't be bothered to read the article, there's also a podcast on this link talking about Trump's financial relationship with Deutsche Bank.

The German bank loaned a cumulative total of around $2.5 billion to Trump projects over the past two decades, and the bank continued writing him nine-figure checks even after he defaulted on a $640 million obligation and sued the bank, blaming it for his failure to pay back the debt.

12 hours ago, Lavender Rain said:

Why Did Deutsche Bank Keep Lending to Trump?

Can't be bothered to read the article, there's also a podcast on this link talking about Trump's financial relationship with Deutsche Bank.

FYI and FWIW, any time you read something from Pro Publica, keep in mind that it was founded by a couple who played a significant role in the subprime mortgage crisis.   

DB and Trump are both dirty, but drudging this stuff up now is purely political.  

Which it would not have been if Trump had just kept to his lane.

"purely political"...

5cecec91cf189_ezgif-2-b9509555cd751.gif.

Yeah, because ensuring that the president of the United States is not beholden to any foreign powers or individuals is political.

But keep on parroting those Republican talking points, alt-bicus. You never change.

28 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Which it would not have been if Trump had just kept to his lane.

Exactly.   So long as he didn't muscle in on their action, it was okay.   

Please let me play Captain Obvious. If you have something to hide, do not run for POTUS. If you have criminality to hide, don't become POTUS and then work very hard to break laws and violate COTUS. Someone will start looking at your dirt.

I have said it before and I am saying it again: do your dirt where no one can see it or getting caught up is on your own head.

28 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

"purely political"...

Yeah, because ensuring that the president of the United States is not beholden to any foreign powers or individuals is political.

Given that DB is a primary dealer, why do you think the US government has not forced it to clean up its business until now?

Do you think the German government is also turning a blind eye toward money laundering?   

Purely political.  

3 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Please let me play Captain Obvious. If you have something to hide, do not run for POTUS. If you have criminality to hide, don't become POTUS and then work very hard to break laws and violate COTUS. Someone will start looking at your dirt.

I have said it before and I am saying it again: do your dirt where no one can see it or getting caught up is on your own head.

Or have enough dirt on others.   Qatar gave the Clinton Foundation $1 million for Bill's birthday.    

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/clinton-foundation-qatar-birthday-gift_n_581e39cde4b0e80b02ca70c0?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAG-twYrdVfBnlZSuvui9wC4BmDlAH75-EKjq1TccuNe38CDhzTGQPyCWhQzYVmfdCELYsATMGjRr9gEbV513HL97EEvt9PgBHkLUX3WPEtYHbsciG1EP0v-6BJDohSeug4t4h5wGy7PRu5fu3YaFgXmit5kuBnIHOMBqiEe47j4G

There's the Whatabout. 15 minutes late. You have to work on that one.

Next up on Alt-Bicus' Greatest Hits:

- Refugees are bad

- Deutsche Bank is going bankrupt

- Calm down

5cecf6533c10e_thumb_j-brandon-johnson-jo

4 minutes ago, balticus said:

why do you think the US government has not forced it to clean up its business until now?

Well, as people who understand this area of law know, the law is set up to be transactional. So, for example, as they catch instances of violations, they fine DB, as in this case. They were also fined for toxic mortgage schemes, as in this case. I am sure it slipped your mind.

But, of course, you knew that because you were paying such close attention for all these years.

2 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Well, as people who understand this area of law know, the law is set up to be transactional. So, for example, as they catch instances of violations, they fine DB, as in this case. They were also fined for toxic mortgage schemes, as in this case. I am sure it slipped your mind.

In 2016 and 2017.   In case the details are fuzzy, the so called subprime crisis occurred in 2007-08.   

DB was bailed out indirectly when AIG was propped up at the end of 2008.   

2 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

But, of course, you knew that because you were paying such close attention for all these years.

Yes.   I did.   There are even more details and once you see the full picture, it is pretty astonishing.   

6 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Next up on Alt-Bicus' Greatest Hits:

- Refugees are bad

Never made this argument.   

- Deutsche Bank is going bankrupt

Never made this argument.   DB is too connected to fail.   German and American taxpayers and people who have a lot of money in German bank accounts should be aware of the risks.   

- Calm down

My name is alt-bicus and i approve of this message.    :lol:

4 minutes ago, balticus said:

Yes.   I did.   There are even more details and once you see the full picture, it is pretty astonishing. 

So you knew that the US government had acted and had done everything they could within the law and still thought this was an accurate thing to say. 

16 minutes ago, balticus said:

Given that DB is a primary dealer, why do you think the US government has not forced it to clean up its business until now?

Do you think the German government is also turning a blind eye toward money laundering?   

Purely political.  

Well, okay then.