Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

5,537 posts in this topic

And just like clockwork, the Orange Asshole (I mean Trump, not Balty) has to run his mouth as though facts are disputable. 

President Donald Trump lashed out at The New York Times on Monday, disputing the paper’s reporting on his relationship with Deutsche Bank and launching into a broader criticism of the news media.

The president appeared to be responding to a Times report that anti-money laundering experts at the German bank noticed suspicious activity in accounts belonging to Trump and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, in 2016 and 2017. According to the Times, bank executives blocked employees from reporting the suspect transactions to the U.S. Treasury and one former employee says she was fired for raising concerns about the bank’s scrutiny of certain clients.

In a string of tweets Monday, the president pushed back on the paper’s characterization of his relationship with the German lender, which has given Trump's and Kushner’s companies billions of dollars over the years, showing a willingness to work with Trump despite his rocky financial history in the 1980s and ’90s.

“The Failing New York Times (it will pass away when I leave office in 6 years), and others of the Fake News Media, keep writing phony stories about how I didn’t use many banks because they didn’t want to do business with me,” Trump wrote, kicking off a flurry of posts. “WRONG! It is because I didn’t need money. Very old fashioned, but true. When you don’t need or want money, you don’t need or want banks. Banks have always been available to me, they want to make money.”

David Enrich, who authored the Times story, pushed back on Trump’s denial.

“This is not true. I have spent a long time looking into this, and @DeutscheBank was the only bank willing to lend to @realDonaldTrump for 20 years because of his pattern of defaults and the bank’s hunger for growth in the US,” he wrote in a tweet.

A spokeswoman for the Times said Monday that the paper stands by its story.

7 hours ago, AlexTr said:

It's hard to type on a phone with Putin's dick in your mouth.

How on earth do you know that?  :huh::huh:

8 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I wonder if zerohedge will be copying that Times story.

They have to copy a percentage of valid stories to give all of their fabricated nonsense credibility.

On 5/16/2019, 1:20:18, MikeMelga said:

Wtf? Nobody saw Trump coming!

Horrible country? Have you ever been there? Do you have any idea on why people there don´t give a shit about freedom of speech?

You really have no clue on what China is...

Yes, China is a horrible country. It is tyrant regime with a deplorable record of human rights violations. I have already said this.

So, naturally, Trump lost lost his case for an injunction against Congress receiving his taxes. 

That was to be expected by anyone who knows the law.

The best part, though, is the assignment of the appeal on the Mazars subpoena went to

Merrick fucking Garland

Don McGahn: White House directs former lawyer not to testify BBC

The White House has directed one of its former legal advisers not to testify to a congressional committee about special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. 

The Democratic-led House Judiciary Committee has issued a legal order for Donald McGahn to appear on Tuesday.

A member of the committee said an impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump would be warranted if Mr McGahn does not testify.

Mr McGahn told Mr Mueller that Mr Trump repeatedly tried to thwart his inquiry.

Mr Mueller's two-year investigation did not determine that Mr Trump conspired with alleged Russian attempts to sway the 2016 US presidential election, but listed 10 instances of possible obstruction of justice by the president.

Hannity, of course. But you already know that deep down inside.

10 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Hannity, of course. But you already know that deep down inside.

Is there such a place?

2 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Is there such a place?

It's where the alcohol goes.

49 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

It's where the alcohol goes.

Better that than pure unadulterated hatred old boy...

So, it seems that former Trump administrations officials CAN ignore executive privilege claims if they want to do so. I wonder what else he told them.

Former secretary of state Rex Tillerson spoke with the leaders of the House Foreign Affairs committee on Tuesday in a lengthy session that, an aide said, touched on his time working in the Trump administration, the frictions he had with the president’s son-in-law, and efforts to tackle issues like Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Tillerson’s appearance, first reported by The Daily Beast, took place as virtually every other Trumpworld luminary has been stonewalling congressional oversight efforts. At the same time the former secretary of state was speaking before lawmakers, former White House counsel Don McGahn was ignoring a subpoena to testify in front of the House Judiciary Committee.

Tillerson’s arrival at the Capitol was handled with extreme secrecy. No media advisories or press releases were sent out announcing his appearance. And he took a little-noticed route into the building in order to avoid being seen by members of the media.

Tillerson reached out to the committee and expressed a willingness to meet, a committee aide said. In a more than six-hour meeting, he told members and staffers that the Trump administration actively avoided confronting Russia about allegations of interference in the election in an effort to develop a solid relationship with the Kremlin, a committee aide told The Daily Beast.

Tillerson also told members and aides that he had tried to establish a formal and disciplined interagency process at the State Department whereby the president could receive informed briefings on sensitive foreign policy matters, the aide said. That effort never manifested, Tillerson told the committee, in part because of the president’s management style, but also because of interference from other aides.

Tillerson told the committee that the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, at times impeded his ability to communicate effectively and introduce to President Trump policy proposals developed by State Department experts on major foreign affairs matters across the globe, not just in the Middle East. Kushner, a White House adviser, has publicly focused much of his international efforts on the Middle East and is set to unveil a Middle East peace plan in the coming weeks.

15 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

I wonder what else he told them.

Probably that #Brokeahontas is still a "fucking moron".

Just now, El Jeffo said:

Probably that #Brokeahontas is still a "fucking moron".

i think we'll find out it was more than that. Tillerson has wanted to cook Kushner's goose for awhile.

Tell us more, Zero Hedge follower.