Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

5,730 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

B b b but Breitbart says so.

You assume he reads.

I actually just came here to drop this off.

D28AIzBUwAABiXX.jpg:large

7 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Eup, I strongly urge you to perform one of the pillars of your faith, Haj. I believe you'd have an eye opening shock at what the House of Saud has done to that sacred place. Take a look at Google Earth. Your faith is actually peaceful (I have said this countless times) and there are millions of good Muslims, yet the problem is the West promoted the most nasty brand of the faith to unite the peninsula to extract the oil, from which we reap the whirlwind. 

I don't understand why you think I'm a fan of the House of Saud or somehow approve of their stewardship of the holy sites or somehow don't know that they're propped up by other powers in order to control the price of oil.

8 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Er, huge chunks of the wall have already been built. And the comment "Mexico will pay for the wall" means lots of El Chapo's drug money will be taken for it under an EO he made very early on. 

Well lets ignore the bollocks that some  of the wall has been built for a start,,

Let`s look at Trumps own words shall we...

“When — during the campaign, I would say, “Mexico is going to pay for it.” Obviously, I never said this and I never meant they’re going to write out a check. I said, “They’re going to pay for it.” They are. They are paying for it with the incredible deal we made, called the United States, Mexico, and Canada USMCA deal.”

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards — of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options].”

In a March 2016 memo, Mr. Trump outlined that argument in more detail and said, “It’s an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year.” Otherwise, he said, the United States would impose tariffs, cancel visas and raise visa fees.

There are many more quotes where he has specifically said how Mexico will pay for the wall and I can`t find even one where he says a Mexican drug lords assets will be stripped and used to pay for it.

Also isn`t El Chapos money really American money anyway as that`s where it came from ?

Alex Jones, although I admit I find him entertaining, is not a primary source, in fact many think him a "bait and switch" operation or controlled opposition. Not the real deal.

Ah the last refuge of the conspiracy theorist.

A man that conspiracy theorists have virtually deified over the years has been proved to be talking bollocks (not accused by some media outlet but actually he himself admitting it) so the conspiracy theorists rather then realising that they`ve been lied to all these years and realising how wrong they`ve been decide to make another conspiracy theory out of him and believe he was a plant actually working for the "illuminatI'deep state" or whoever all these years.

You couldn`t get more fucking deluded really could you.

J2 is also doing over the last few pages exactly what Trump and his ilk (by his ilk I mean 90% of politicians)do in that they make either an outrageous or totally untrue statement which they then get called out on but rather than prove their statement true they ignore it and just make another false or outrageous statement and hope that people forget about the original statement they made and hope people forget about it.

Most times the media do let them get away with it which shows something sadly lacking in the media.

The media seems to value their access to politicians more important than the content of their actual coverage of politicians.Most media would rather let politicians spout lies and hatred without challenging it than not be allowed to cover those politicians spouting it.

A British example of this is Jacob Rees Mogg.All through the Brexit process he has said that all the time the DUP are against Mays deal he will also vote against it,he even on Thurs before the latest vote in a TV interview repeated it again.

Yet on Friday he voted for it despite the DUP voting against it and not one media outlet has called him out on it.

Same with the WH press secretary she spouts so many lies in her press conferences but none of the reporters call her out on it.

What sort of people are we where we would rather listen to politicians tell lies or spout outrageous bollocks rather than not listen to those lies.

11 hours ago, Keleth said:

We all know if there was nothing in the report then it would have been released in full as quickly as possible.

That is false narrative and the Democrats pushing it are completely disingenuous.  

This was a counterintelligence investigation.    Sources and methods should not be compromised.   

Remember the number of leaks in late 2016, early 2017 to consider why info which could compromise sources will be redacted.    Democrats calling for the release know this was never going to happen regardless of the results. 

19 minutes ago, Keleth said:

What sort of people are we where we would rather listen to politicians tell lies or spout outrageous bollocks rather than not listen to those lies.

This is nothing new and it pretty much the same throughout the world.    Watch what they do rather than listening to their false promises and declarations. 

I'd be really happy with is lady as President:

She shows some political courage in going against the mainstream Democrats, but there is not a lot of info about what kind of economic, security, and energy policy she would promote. 

One thing she is correct about:   the Dems need to move forward.    Even if the Mueller report prompts multiple investigations at the state level, the Dems cannot win on a platform which is simply anti-Trump.   The need to do something besides open investigations.

If you are not American, what you want in a US president is irrelevant in the extreme. 

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

If you are not American, what you want in a US president is irrelevant in the extreme. 

The economic, security and energy policy of this potus and the next and for the foreseeable future will have a significant impact on my livelihood as well as the security of friends and family.  

Most Europeans are in the same situation even if their countries have never shared a border with Russia.  

You and fraufruit (who greened your post) have missed the obvious (again).  

@balticus And this makes your wishes less irrelevant to Americans how? Seriously, if you don't have a vote in the US, who you want guiding our policy is irrelevant. It's tough for countries who are used to colonization, but they'll survive.

1 minute ago, AlexTr said:

@balticus And this makes your wishes less irrelevant to Americans how? Seriously, if you don't have a vote in the US, who you want guiding our policy is irrelevant. 

There are lots of people posting on this thread who are not Americans.  

If you find my ideas irrelevant, put me on ignore.  

Or you could just, you know, drop the bullshit pretense and admit that you're another SA618/Sorcerers_apprentice alt. You've already exposed yourself as such in ways too numerous to count.

The problem with ignoring you is that it enables you (and you and you and you) to continue to spout your nonsensical ramblings without comment. Trying to shout the others into submission (while telling them to calm down and take a deep breath). That can't go unchallenged.

3 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Nope that's absolutely not irrelevant in the slightest. It matters heavily to the rest of the world since your country began after 2001 (and arguably a decade before it in 1991) destroying lots of otherwise peaceful places. Your country built something like 300 bases around the world and for what? Why the hell can't you Americans actually try to coexist peacefully around the world instead of blowing shit up all the time? 

18 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@balticus And this makes your wishes less irrelevant to Americans how? Seriously, if you don't have a vote in the US, who you want guiding our policy is irrelevant. It's tough for countries who are used to colonization, but they'll survive.

One of the strengths of America is the sheer size of its country. One of its weakness is the sheer ignorance of other cultures and ways of life which aren't like them, even the European mindset. Many Americans think an exotic holiday is Hawaii. They have largely zero clue about the Middle East, from where their primary energy will come from for decades to come.

In fact, there is a bloke in the US right now, who is focussed on just America, maybe he'll stop the wars...

7 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Or you could just, you know, drop the bullshit pretense and admit that you're another SA618/Sorcerers_apprentice alt.

You forgot @ esqualidus 

33 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Or you could just, you know, drop the bullshit pretense and admit that you're another SA618/Sorcerers_apprentice alt. You've already exposed yourself as such in ways too numerous to count.

More conspiracy theories?  

The problem with ignoring you is that it enables you (and you and you and you) to continue to spout your nonsensical ramblings without comment. Trying to shout the others into submission (while telling them to calm down and take a deep breath). That can't go unchallenged.

I don't shout anyone into submission.   If your arguments are not very sharp and you are overly emotional (check and check), you need to do better research and write better arguments.    If you are acting like a petulant child (happens frequently)  and calling names rather than offering counterarguments, i will call you out on it.   Don't be such a big baby.

How solid has your analysis been on this thread?   Did your predictions turn out to be true?   :lol: