Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

6,647 posts in this topic

Here's my challenge:

Imagine it's 2030, and you need to describe the historical figure Donald Trump in two words.

None of which may entail "language", as it were.

Mine are:

Scandal riddled. :D

That link and this topic would have been great to place on on the Politic XYZ thread?

The Politic XYZ thread was originally intended to be fun, which was why I started a new thread.

9 hours ago, Uncle Nick said:

If Trump keeps on like this he'll have very few people left to support him:

Oh dear, how sad. Never mind...

His hapless press secretary Spicer fell yesterday. Resigned?/pushed?/saw the light?

To be instantly replaced by shiny Saunders under the wing of glossy communications director Scaramucci. 

It's like the myth of the Hydra, chop off one head and new ones spontaneously grow...

I'm glad Spicer's gone. He was by all accounts a decent and professional guy out of place in the Trump circus.

He's also a devout Catholic. There's a tradtion that when presidents meet popes or dalai lamas relevantly devout senior staffers get to meet them too.

Spicer was right miffed at not getting to meet the pope.

This whole "when will Trump get impeached" thing is getting really boring.

He's not a conventional politician so he'll do things differently, some won't like it, but he won't care.

As long as he doesn't completely trash the economy, he should be re-elected in three years time. There will probably be a few gaffes and resignations along the way, but I doubt it will bother him.

As non Americans, it's not really our business to tell Americans who to vote for, I certainty didn't appreciate Lena Dunham urging British voters to elect Corbyn.

If you don't like the thread nobody is forcing you to read it! Besides this isn't about impeachment, there is a different thread for that.

@johan holzel, why do you think everyone have to be an American to say something about Trump. The entire world is bearing witness to the Trump presidency and the Trump administration policies will be far reaching even outside of the United States.

@Lavender Rain

The day after the US Election I was watching Charlie Wolf (a U.K. based Republican political commentator) on the BBC.

He said something along the lines of "every 4 years the whole world tells Americans who they should vote for and it's not their business to" I thought he had a point.

Who America chooses as POTUS, effects all of us, but to some extent, this is true of whoever gets elected in every other country in the world.

There are two or three non Americans on this forum who are forever posting cartoons mocking Trump, nobody forces me to look at them, but I think it's pathetic.

2 hours ago, Johan Holzel said:

I just think this anti Trump tirade from a non American is pathetic.

Why, do you believe that anything he does won't affect any non Americans, are you that naive? If the thread is boring you then just stay off it, simples!

For someone who thinks we should keep our noses out of it you certainly seem to take an interest in the thread!

2 hours ago, Johan Holzel said:

@Lavender Rain

The day after the US Election I was watching Charlie Wolf (a U.K. based Republican political commentator) on the BBC.

He said something along the lines of "every 4 years the whole world tells Americans who they should vote for and it's not their business to" I thought he had a point.

Who America chooses as POTUS, effects all of us, but to some extent, this is true of whoever gets elected in every other country in the world.

There are two or three non Americans on this forum who are forever posting cartoons mocking Trump, nobody forces me to look at them, but I think it's pathetic.

I don't get why you think "it's pathetic" posting cartoons on TT about Trump, cartoons that are already in the public domain? Can you please explain?

Btw,  there's also cartoons and memes about Theresa May, Merkel, Putin  and other leaders on TT  do you object to all political cartoons or just Trump's? 

So if you think it was a  good point what Charlie Wolf said about it's nobody's business that every 4 years the whole world tells America whom to vote for and it's not their business, why do you think it's YOUR  business to tell the people on TT who they shouldn't be posting cartoons about because it's pathetic when it's not YOUR business? Posting cartoons is basically metaphorically speaking just another way of submitting a  "vote" expressing opinions, perceptions, or concerns about Trump  or  amusement with the cartoon.

I'm just not understanding your logic why is posting cartoons about Trump so revolting to you? Why do you even bother to read TT if this is so offensive to you? Is it because you want to make TT great again? 

59736a3d16918_stopactingliketrum.jpg.c34

Man Behind Trump "Dossier" Subpoenaed After Refusing To Testify, Will Plead The Fifth

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-22/man-behind-trump-dossier-refuses-testify-will-plead-fifth-fight-subpoena

There goes the Steele Dossier story. 

Another anonymous NSA leak involving Sessions is  dominating the news cycle over the weekend.    Maybe the Don Jr. mini-scandal has already run its course.  

I like the title of the thread as it captures the idea that with a few missing pieces, there is enough to put Trump away.   Up to now, each mini-scandal has gone nowhere and lasted a few weeks.   

42 minutes ago, SA618 said:

I like the title of the thread as it captures the idea that with a few missing pieces, there is enough to put Trump away.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Johan Holzel said:

This whole "when will Trump get impeached" thing is getting really boring.

He's not a conventional politician so he'll do things differently, some won't like it, but he won't care.

As long as he doesn't completely trash the economy, he should be re-elected in three years time. There will probably be a few gaffes and resignations along the way, but I doubt it will bother him.

As non Americans, it's not really our business to tell Americans who to vote for, I certainty didn't appreciate Lena Dunham urging British voters to elect Corbyn.

I see you're new to Toytown.  Don't be surprised if you get a knee jerk reaction if you interrupt a leftist anti-Trump circle jerk; these people simply need to vent.  However you've been fortunate not to encounter some of the leftist fanatics on this forum who are really rotten people (no I DON'T mean Eupathic Impulse; he has wacky ideas but I would imagine that he's a decent human being).  Don't mind Uncle Nick, he's just a well-meaning jolly fellow that can't accept that the left has abandoned its traditional issues such as affordable housing, distribution of wealth, caring for middle class families etc in favour of identity politics and open borders migration.

If you want a more conservative platform check your PM. :)