Chinese playdates/ Chinese nannies & babysitters

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody! We have a 14 month old daughter and are looking for a Chinese speaking babysitter or part-time nanny. We are looking for all possible ways for our daughter to be exposed to Mandarin. We would appreciate if anyone has any leads or know if any Chinese activities and events that the city provides.  

I'm Taiwanese American and my husband is German. I speak Mandarin to my daughter 3 days out of the week then the rest in English (my Mandarin is not as good as my English) and my husband speaks only German. If anyone also has any strategies to share that would be great!

Hi meiflour

We also want to find playmates who speak Chinese for our 8 month old little girl (who dosen't speak yet :). I'm Chinese and my husband is Spaish. I speak Mandarin to my daughter and my husband speaks Spanish to her, and between my husband and I we speak English. So it's quite complicated language environment at home for my daughter. We live in Alt Tegel. Has your daughter started in kita?

Hi, meiflour

Have you already found the part-time native Chinese (Mandarin) nanny? If not, please contact me. I live in Berlin.

Best regards,

Cindy

This is my ad: 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am a native Mandarin speaker (Fluent English, Intermediate German). I hold a Master’s degree (language teaching) from the world leading university in UK. I’ve worked as a college teacher in China.  I also have some child care work experience.

Living in Berlin, I can provide tailor-made Chinese (Mandarin) lessons for different age groups.

I can also work as a family Chinese Tutor / Nanny. Price is negotiable.

If you are interested, please contact me.

Thanks!

Cindy

HI Txllens

Yes i totally agree its very hard and once they start kita they will probably start pushing away the minority language. My girl started kita last week but we are still in the 'adaptation' process. It crazy how fast they learn from other kids and how they mimic each other. I think thats great you and your husband can speak your mother tongue with your child. I'm more comfortable and fluent in English but have decided to speak to her mostly in Mandarin. I have found some groups on facebook for chinese mothers living in berlin. You should also join them too!