German Post from America

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I had ordered from Amazon.com (not de) on May 28th. The seller sold it SUPER cheap. It was marked as sent on May the 29th. But like I said this was in SENT on May the 29th, it said "it should take around 30 days for delivery" It said I Should get it June 29th, according to Amazon it said,

Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit” the USPS code does not work and nothing from the seller NO EMAIL have been replied to.

This is worth only a few hundred dollars, but I could use a second set of view points on this one.

Thank!

Any help would help!

And maybe your package is stuck in ZOLL right now.

Usually they evaluate a package in a week or so, after you gonna receive by mail a note to prove what's inside and how much it cost.

Better ask Amazon first and see what's going on.

Check out your tracking number here - https://www.trackingmore.com/carriers.php?lang=en

In my experience, if a package sent from North America is over a Euro 50 value, it gets pulled over at Zoll or (Customs) and is checked, etc.  Look for a letter in your mailbox from Zoll.  It will tell you (in German) that you need to bring proof of ID (passport), ID (with your German address on it is best) and a copy of your bill of sale or receipt i.e. from Amazon showing the purchase.  You'll need to go to the Zoll office (address on your letter) to pick it up.  Don't bother going to pick it up without the letter sent to you because they won't release your item without it.  Bring cash with you, as it's likely that you'll have to pay tax on your item.  

Hope this helps!  Angela- 

I never bother to go to Zoll.

After my package arrive I always send a mail at   poststelle.za-hallbergmoos@zoll.bund.de

With Paypal bill or bank account transaction printscreen, Zoll papers signed and scanned

and sometimes a printscreen from the website with what I've bought.

I also specify in the mail that I have no time to come over and I need home delivery.

That's all.

My last purchase from China was 12.5 euro tax with home delivery included.

Why bother to go to them when they can work for this tax without my free time spent for something that I don't need to spend on?

When I asked a Chinese ebay seller whether cusoms duties are included in their asking price they answered not to worry, they´ll simply declare the value to be € 20 only (even though it was more like 200):wacko:

The Zoll knows these tricks, but they have too few employees, so it's 50/50 chances they find out and levy the tax on real market price. In the end EU will sign free trade agreement with China, sooner or later.

1 hour ago, Mr.Bear said:

My last purchase from China was 12.5 euro tax with home delivery included.

Why bother to go to them when they can work for this tax without my free time spent for something that I don't need to spend on?

I agree.  We already paid for shipping and that means to my house, not to the Zoll some 25 km from my house.  Those Beamters can do some work for a change.