Oldest house in Bavaria demolished

5 posts in this topic

I was researching something else when I came across this article - in May, in Donauwörth, the oldest Bürgerhaus in Bavaria was demolished ahead of what will no doubt be a *very important development* which will benefit not just the town but the wider region, ushering in a new period of global peace and love. 

Or maybe not. Is nothing sacred? :angry::

http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/donauwoerth/Wagenknechthaus-Der-Abriss-hat-begonnen-id41362826.html

This is how German bureaucracy works. The house was so old that authorities "forgot" to place it into Denkmalschutz.

53 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

This is how German bureaucracy DON'T works. The house was so old that authorities "forgot" to place it into Denkmalschutz.

I think you left out the word "don't".  ;)

I didn't. They just have their own definition of "work".

Where I live, we have a former factory from 1889, it is under Denkmalschutz and now is used as a medical clinic. The building looks from outside more or less like originally built, only a chimney was demolished.

At the same time there was a building from white sandstone from 18 century which was completely demolished. No Denkmalschutz? No idea, but it was way older than this factory, and it was demolished, new building was built in place.

This is how German bureaucracy "works". Yes.