5 posts in this topic

I need a cat groomer for my Persian cat. He is old  and does not let me comb around his stomach. His hair is matted. I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me the contact details of  a professional who can shave part of his hair. I can do it at the tier arzt praxis in Berlin but they do it only under anaesthesia . Since my cat is 16, I am not really keen on this procedure.

Many thanks in advance and wish you all great day!

I had two persian cats. When the hair gets matted, then the only thing that can be done is to use an electric shaver (with a spacer - don't hurt kitty's nipples!) and shave it all off. 

We have a (large) Yorkshir terrier & he doesn't like it when its hot so either my wife or grown-up daughter shaves him with electric dog clippers (with spacer as stated above).  Its easy as you only have to look at the dog & he rolls on his back, waves legs in the air saying "I submit".

Thank you Wien4ever and HEM for responding to my query.  Since cats have paper thin skin, I am too terrified of hurting my cat.  I called a Hundesalon and the woman who answered the phone suggested not to get it done by a pet groomer. I took my cat to his vet and getting it done under anaesthesia next week.  Also using this opportunity to give him a complete dental cleaning.

Thanks again

Hi! I have been in Berlin since November with my 2 Persian Cats. I am a looking for an English speaking cat groomer who does Lion Cuts. My cats  are docile and have been getting 2-4 haircuts each year their entire lives. They don’t bite or scratch and have never needed sedation.