Front licence plate has disappeared or been stolen

22 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! 

 

My car's front license plate has mysteriously disappeared and I am quite unsure what to do! I was on the website for the Frankfurt ordnungsamt but ddn't see anything about replacement plates...does anyone have any tips on what / where I should go?

 

Thank you!

 

Hannah

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Source: http://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=2947&_ffmpar[_id_inhalt]=446414

 

You will need to go to the Kraftfahrzeug-Zulassungsbehörde: https://frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=2943&_ffmpar%5B_id_inhalt%5D=102252

Am Römerhof 19
60486 Frankfurt am Main

map: https://goo.gl/maps/3KhwQxQmYXC2

 

opening times:

Mo    08:00 - 13:00 Uhr
Di    07:30 - 13:00 Uhr
Mi    07:30 - 13:00 Uhr
Do    10:00 - 17:00 Uhr 
Fr    07:30 - 12:00 Uhr

 

and take with you:

  1. Fahrzeugbrief / Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil II
  2. Fahrzeugschein / Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil I
  3. your passport
  4. your Meldebescheinigung (= piece of paper you got when you registered your address. If that paper is more than 3 months old, they will charge an extra 9€ fee).
  5. Diebstahlsanzeige über das Kennzeichen (= the piece of paper you got from the police after you went there and told them someone stole your licence plate)
  6. the remaining licence plate

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordnungsamt has nothing to do with that...

 

1.) Go to the police and report it as being lost or stolen. Now!

2.) Inform the insurance, and ask for new proof of insurance.

3.) With the paperwork you got at the police, the answer of the insurance, Fahrzeugschein, Fahrzeugbrief, last HU papers, your passport or id, the second plate, go to the Zulassungsstelle to get new license plates. You will get a new number, as the old one is getting blocked as "lost or stolen" in the computer...

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stolen license plate will be attached to stolen Audi in Stuttgart and then the thieves go in the direction Czech republic. With 40% chances to be caught by Bavarian police.

It is important that you register this license plate as stolen.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are not theif proof at all..

 

It just means the bastards need to remove the 4 screws... 20 seconds work...

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Text from that ebay listing:

 

"Bevor Sie die Schraubenkappen auf die Schraubenköpfe setzen, einfach etwas Pattex in die Kappe geben, dann brauch man schon außer einem Schraubenzieher noch eine Zange um die Schilder zu klauen, da geht der Dieb sicher lieber gleich zum nächsten Auto"

 

= "Before you put the screw caps onto the screw heads, put a dab of strong glue in each cap. This means that a thief would not only need a screwdriver but also pliers to steal the plates, and in that case any thief in his right mind will simply just steal the unsecured plates from somebody else's car"

--> problem solved

 

You have to choose which set you get with a plate holder:

 

Set 1: screws and screw caps for front plate:

PHTO0204c.JPG.836abd02fe18e777681005e0f1

 

Set 2: screws and screw caps for back plate:

PHTO0205c.JPG.0a4c76b2d1c7cb3a7248a9cd6d

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, franklan said:

Ordnungsamt has nothing to do with that...

 

1.) Go to the police and report it as being lost or stolen. Now!

2.) Inform the insurance, and ask for new proof of insurance.

3.) With the paperwork you got at the police, the answer of the insurance, Fahrzeugschein, Fahrzeugbrief, last HU papers, your passport or id, the second plate, go to the Zulassungsstelle to get new license plates. You will get a new number, as the old one is getting blocked as "lost or stolen" in the computer...

 

 

This.  

I had a plate stolen two years ago, and this was the process i went through. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

= "Before you put the screw caps onto the screw heads, put a dab of strong glue in each cap. This means that a thief would not only need a screwdriver but also pliers to steal the plates, and in that case any thief in his right mind will simply just steal the unsecured plates from somebody else's car"

Still too expensive, DIY-solution is to use blind rivets (POP rivets), they need to be drilled out to get the plate off...

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

Text from that ebay listing:

 

"Bevor Sie die Schraubenkappen auf die Schraubenköpfe setzen, einfach etwas Pattex in die Kappe geben, dann brauch man schon außer einem Schraubenzieher noch eine Zange um die Schilder zu klauen, da geht der Dieb sicher lieber gleich zum nächsten Auto"

 

= "Before you put the screw caps onto the screw heads, put a dab of strong glue in each cap. This means that a thief would not only need a screwdriver but also pliers to steal the plates, and in that case any thief in his right mind will simply just steal the unsecured plates from somebody else's car"

--> problem solved

 

You have to choose which set you get with a plate holder:

 

Set 1: screws and screw caps for front plate:

PHTO0204c.JPG.836abd02fe18e777681005e0f1

 

Set 2: screws and screw caps for back plate:

PHTO0205c.JPG.0a4c76b2d1c7cb3a7248a9cd6d

A Bit of Glue?   LOL

 

So, these are NOT theft proof as you claimed but just a deterent.

 

You are so begining to sound like Pandalad6...   

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha this is crazy. Who's stealing plates???

 

In the US we screw them on anyway, so it does take work. I was amused to see that they're just shoved in a holder here, but at least the plate has clean lines and isn't as busy as many state plates in the Western Hemisphere.

 

Funny thing is we went to PitStop for our HU/AU coz it was a bit cheaper, and they said we'd likely fail on tires, a cracked bushing, a light bulb and the front number plate, which was hit while someone was getting out of a parking spot, and which was bent and sticking out of the holder a little. Some of this could have been a scam, so I told them to fuck off. I replaced the bulb and took it straight to TUV, and the only thing they asked to be replaced was the control arm bushing. Not the tires and not the stupid number plate issue.

 

Anyone have trouble with TUV and a number plate holder?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gluing the plastic caps on won't stop the type of tea-leaf who's willing to take a risk when they're short of the funds for a free tank of Benzin. (Its usually the Tank&Run brigade who nick odd plates.)

 

@franklan's suggestion of POP-rivets (Blindnieten) is better, and certainly much better than the PK screws (thread cutting sheet metal screws) that come with that front plate holder. If I had to use them I'd cut, grind or file the diagonal quarters off the screw-heads so a screwdriver couldn't get a purchase in the reverse direction.

 

What I used to do by preference was to use machine screws and nuts, tighten them to the max using 2 ring spanners, then put a drop of ThredLok, cycroanalyte or SuperGlue on the thread and tighten a 2nd nut to the max behind the 1st one. Not many thieves carry multiple ring spanners in the same size and without using 3 of them they'd have no hope of getting those screws free.

 

2B

 

@kaffeemitmilch not personally, but I have seen others get grief over exactly that.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, franklan said:

Ordnungsamt has nothing to do with that...

 

1.) Go to the police and report it as being lost or stolen. Now!

2.) Inform the insurance, and ask for new proof of insurance.

3.) With the paperwork you got at the police, the answer of the insurance, Fahrzeugschein, Fahrzeugbrief, last HU papers, your passport or id, the second plate, go to the Zulassungsstelle to get new license plates. You will get a new number, as the old one is getting blocked as "lost or stolen" in the computer...

Thank you! I am at the police now making a report! With regards to the insurance, what new paperwork do i need? Can I not go to the zulassungstelle with the papers i have already?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hannahpl said:

Thank you! I am at the police now making a report! With regards to the insurance, what new paperwork do i need? Can I not go to the zulassungstelle with the papers i have already?

Inform the insurance: If the thief causes an accident with your licence plates, it might end up on your insurance record, and it is a pita to get that off the record. Inform them!

 

Additionally, the insurance paperwork you currently have is about the fact that the car with the plates "ab-cd 1234" is insured, but you'll get new plates, something like "ab-xy 9876". Call the insurance!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2017, 10:20:20, PandaMunich said:

You might also want to invest in these theft-proof licence plate holders (2 * 26.90€ = 53.80€) so that it doesn't happen again: 

In the movie The Jackal Bruce Willis put some chemical spray on the trunk of his mini-van and when the killer touched that trunk he died within one minute. I guess you can use it for licence plates as well B).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pmd said:

There was one case in Bavarian Allgäu Alps in 2015: a guy stole number plates in Ulm, attached it to his Smart, came to Bavarian Alps all the way up to 1400  m hight and then burned the Smart. Nobody was hurt, and the only question which remained unanswered was: how the hell was he able to go that high with the Smart?!

 

http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/inhalt.allgaeuer-alpen-darum-stand-der-ausgebrannte-smart-in-den-bergen.7ac0a013-406e-49c1-adfd-237bcd80c6d5.html

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

...how the hell was he able to go that high with the Smart?!

 

Something like this?

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Cunt in North-west Frankfurt is wandering around with my front Number plate...

 

If anyone sees him with a plate with EMS LS xx3 on it...  Twat the fucker in the throat please!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now