Van attack on people leaving London Mosque

110 posts in this topic

According to the Independent it is classified as a terrorist attack.  I'm trying to understand you.  Are you saying that when a Muslim drives a van into a crowd it is classified as a terrorist attack but when a Christian or an atheist does it it shall be deemed an incident?  Is that what you believe?

So those men women and children who were hit are now fair game?  Is that how the world works now?

I'm not reading into things that aren't there.  What I am doing is asking you why you're not calling this a terrorist incident?

The American papers, The Washington Post, for example calls it an incident.  Whereas the Independent calls it a terrorist attack.    Do you think that this is or isn't a terrorist attack?

Because as of yet, the police have not defined it as a terrorist incident, May has called it a potential terrorist incident. There was a guy in Leicester jailed this week for driving a van into a group of pedestrians.http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-leicestershire-40276934/pedestrians-mowed-down-in-leicester-van-attack He isn't a terrorist, he is a twat. So until the Police say it is and have the evidence to prove it is then it is not officially a terrorist incident.

It is amazing how you skirt the issue.  The Counter terrorism police are on the scene.

Why would they be there if it wasn't a terrorist attack?  

So a Muslim who has mental issues uses a van to kill or he uses a gun to shoot people is a terrorist whereas a non Muslim man is a twat???

... Got it...

Well, the Western countries bomb the Middle East area almost on a daily basis and call all the innocent victims as "casualties". However the 911 is still the biggest terrorist attack of the modern world. Tell me about double standards.

21 minutes ago, Boethius said:

It is amazing how you skirt the issue.  The Counter terrorism police are on the scene.

So a Muslim who has mental issues uses a van to kill or shoot people is a terrorist whereas a non Muslim man is a twat???

... Got it...

Look at the Beeb report about Leicester, the guys name is Aslam. a Muslim name, therefore it's pretty safe to assume the guy is Muslim, or didn't you look at the link? He wasn't arrested for terrorism he was arrested for driving offences and intent. So, not everyone including Muslims driving vans into people are terrorists. Next, take this scenario. A man is reported for breaking into a house, the Police turn up and arrest the man, he is the owner who's lost his keys, is he a Burglar then? No he isn't but the Police don't jump to conclusions, they take the time to investigate. It is the press and the gullible who do that.

As for Counter Terrorist Police being there, I would have thought that was pretty obvious, a report comes in of a van driving into pedestrians, what are they going to do considering past recent history, send a lone policeman to do a Breath Test?

So as to my previous point, it is not a Terrorist Incident until the Police have reported it as such. Speculation and jumping to conclusions will make things worse and will lead to far more inter racial tension.

I'm so pleased that double standards exist.  Within minutes of the London Bridge attack, everyone was calling it a terrorist attack.  Why?  That person was of a particular faith.  And yet you don't have the Cojones to call this a terrorist attack.  Why?  because the driver of the van is something else besides that 'terrorist religion'... Is that it? He may or may not be Muslim.  Just because of his name, don't assume.

What's your problem? are you incapable of being objective? Was the guy last night carrying knive? Did he go round stabbing people in the name of whichever God he may believe in? Do you have some insight that the Police obviously don't?

To repeat  When the Police confirm it's a Terrorist Incident then it will be called that. 

Extreme political correctness culminates in nonsense. If it's white and next to a chicken, most often it is an egg. But no, we must not assume that. Have to check it before opening our mouths. Surprise, surprise, Islam is now associated with terrorism and checks will not always be made rigorously before mouths are opened. Hard for reasonable people not to become radicalised. I was offended, yes offended, yesterday when I heard the delivery man with his snake-charming oriental music up full blast. Not because of the noise but because I just do not want to be reminded of the hell that is being perpetrated abroad and now at home on our doorsteps in the name of Mohammed, It sickens me.

Tit for tat. Yes. It's civil war. A rose by any other name. Stuff your political correctness and attaching the right labels.

Right, Amber Rudd has said that the Police are treating it as a Terrorist Incident so therefore it is a Terrorist Incident, happy now Boethius? Now lets concentrate on the people who were injured and the reasons why rather than pratting around on pointless symantics.

1 hour ago, Boethius said:

The Counter terrorism police are on the scene.

Um because that's how they would respond to this type of incident even if it turns out just to be some drunk driver in the end maybe ??

2 hours ago, Boethius said:

So those men women and children who were hit are now fair game?  Is that how the world works now?

WTF are you on about,nowhere does he say that or even suggest it merely that he expected it to happen sooner.

I too expected it to happen sooner because evil people don't need much of a reason to commit evil acts.

54 minutes ago, Boethius said:

Within minutes of the London Bridge attack, everyone was calling it a terrorist attack.  

Actually remember reading about it when it happened and for an hour or 2 it was classed as an incident.

Also was a bit easier to decide it was terrorist related when the attackers stabbed people and were wearing what turned out to be fake bomb vests.

So you'd be quite happy with immediately calling it a terrorist attack even though no details are known ?

Why do you think the police and officials are calling it a "potential" terror attack ?

Just a thought Boethius, you mention men, women and children being hit, as far as I'm aware, the attack was at around midnight. What would children be doing there at that time with school the next day? As for women I understand that women go to a separate service so technically there would only have been men there, Still an abomination but quoting false facts does not help if you want people to feel true revulsion and sympathy.

Unfortunately semantics, in this case are very important.

People have died.  The point that I am making is the news will call it immediately a terror attack if a Muslim is involved whereas a non Muslim is called an incident.  Black on black crime... no biggie...Black on white crime...major media coverage...

That is my point.

Look at the comments in major papers...racist undertones.  Why?  They call one thing a terrorist attack and one thing an incident.  

From the Independent:

One person has died and eight people have been taken to hospital after being hit by a van in a "potential terror attack" near a north London mosque.

The van driver, described by eyewitnesses as a large white man, was detained by members of the public after the attack in Seven Sisters Road at 12.20am on Monday. 

One witness described being surrounded by bodies in the wake of the attack outside the Muslim Welfare House, close to Finsbury Park mosque.

Another said the attacker shouted about killing Muslims as he was held by local people.

It is not political correctness at all.  What is happening is a desensitisation by the media and some political figures of people of other faiths.

1 hour ago, Boethius said:

Keleth

I was in London at the time of the attacks and straight away they were calling it a terrorist attack on the TV.

And I was at work and the news alerts from BBC and ITV on my handy called it a fucking incident for the first hour or 2.

I hate people being called this but you fit the term perfectly you're a SJW.

You come on here accusing the op of all sorts of stuff and it actually appears that you didn't even bother to read what he wrote but merely jumped into an attack mode.