Switching National to Private Insurance

48 posts in this topic

Hello Starshollow,

Thank you for your inputs.

I googled Versicherungsberater in Ingolstadt and all search results show me Versicherungsmakler. Do you know of any in Bavaria, near Munich or Ingolstadt or Nürnberg that you could recommend?

I want to for the moment, hold off on withdrawing from the second broker for the following reason: Assuming he is working genuinely in my interest and of course the fee I will have to pay him and has the expertise to do what is required to get me safely back to a public insurance provider, by cancelling I risk making things sour since he has already done some work in this regard and could decide to contest my "Widerrufsrecht" just to make things difficult for me. Whether or not that will go in my favour, it would mean another lawsuit and more time it takes to fix my real predicament.

So if I can, before I cancel with him (within the 14 days) I would like to try and speak to a Versicherungsberater. I have a phone call with him later this evening where he will tell me how we should proceed with regards to prevent me from losing cover.

Starshollow and John_G are both **independent** Versicherungsberater and are available via phone and Skype, respectively.

I have been in contact with both and can recommend either.

Ah, Metall. Kind words of yours but a misunderstanding! Everybody flogging insurance in Germany calls themselves Versicherungsberater of some kind ( whether independent or tied or an Einzelgänger etc ). 

The strange thing is: " Versicherungsberater " legally is its own world. It refers to non-insurance-flogging insurance experts who examine cases and have power of attorney to investigate. But they don´t sell insurance and there aren´t many of them!

I once had a visit from one in Hamburg and she was checking out something or other (can´t remember what ) but she had no idea of the products on the market and asked for a recommendation about a particular product re income protection. I recommended something but no idea if she recommended it to her client.

I never heard from her again.

https://www.bvvb.de/

By the way, the gentleman´s observations are only mostly true. He doesn´t seem to be aware of karma.

The insurance brokers I know DO NOT only think of commission..there are other aspects - liability top amongst them PLUS an ethical approach based on their philosophy in life.In my case, partly because of my experience as a hitchhiker for seven years!

:D

And partly based upon the fact I was sold a private health insurance product when I was fairly new in Germany, freelance English teacher back then - and it turned out the insurance wasn´t valid in Hamburg...only in the Neue Bundesländer!!!

:wub:

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

2 hours ago, john g. said:

https://www.bvvb.de/

Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, john g. said:

By the way, the gentleman´s observations are only mostly true. He doesn´t seem to be aware of karma.

Apologies, I don't follow. Did you mean the second broker who alerted me to the predicament?

No..the Versicherungsberater in my attachment.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

I thought I might provide an update.

I'm happy to report that the Honorarmakler was successful in getting this resolved. With the evidence he gathered against this fraudulent Vermittlerin, the private provider was convinced that it was her that answered the questions intentionally wrong after I had signed the application form after providing her my info. Hence they let me out of the contract without making my past coverage void. A public provider then took me as freiwillig gesetzlich versichert. I should get my insurance card within a couple of days.

The lawyer is working on how now best to proceed, to help me get my costs back and also to take action against this individual. It turns out she also forged our signatures on a Riester application. (We did ask for one and even signed on the forms, for some reason those are not the forms the bank received. The bank received forms that have forged signatures on them.)

23 minutes ago, generalmartok said:

I thought I might provide an update.

I'm happy to report that the Honorarmakler was successful in getting this resolved. With the evidence he gathered against this fraudulent Vermittlerin, the private provider was convinced that it was her that answered the questions intentionally wrong after I had signed the application form after providing her my info. Hence they let me out of the contract without making my past coverage void. A public provider then took me as freiwillig gesetzlich versichert. I should get my insurance card within a couple of days.

The lawyer is working on how now best to proceed, to help me get my costs back and also to take action against this individual. It turns out she also forged our signatures on a Riester application. (We did ask for one and even signed on the forms, for some reason those are not the forms the bank received. The bank received forms that have forged signatures on them.)

Congratulations👍🏼.