Inkasso harassment

13 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

I have missed a few payments because I didn't get any reminders from the company I purchased from. And now I have been contacted by an collector agency (INKASSO) I will pay my missed payments but I do not want to pay extra fees for this agency that I did not agreed on paying and that was not contacted by me.

does anybody know how much legal power do they have? What would happen if I don't pay their fees? 

P.s: I don't live in Germany anymore neither have a bank account there nor been I register (Anmeldung) anymore.

You agreed to pay for a service and defaulted...

The company you agreed to pay hasnt got their money... so they take action..

If you no longer live in Germany... Beleive me, the debt collection agency will find out where you are and sell the debt to a collection agency in your country of residence!

If they have already contacted you... they probably already know where you are!

Welcome to Germany, the land of renewable contracts. You left the country without canceling the contract, so it remained its validity.

24 minutes ago, julesojd said:

but I do not want to pay extra fees for this agency

Contact the lawyer in your current country. They can tell you your options, if there are any.

You cannot choose not to pay Inkasso: they are legally allowed to buy debts and collect their fees. Without that law, all services in Germany would have been provided on full pre payment basis only.

4 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Welcome to Germany, the land of renewable contracts

You mean "the land where they expect you to pay your bills".

No sympathy for deadbeats. Sorry.

But I never received the 'product' for which they are charging me and there was never any sort of agreement. I want at least for them to give me the things they are charging me for. I think that is fair. Don't you ?

2 minutes ago, julesojd said:

But I never received the 'product' for which they are charging me and there was never any sort of agreement. I want at least for them to give me the things they are charging me for. I think that is fair. Don't you ?

You agreed to purchase something, so it seems fair for the company to be paid.  Why did you not receive it-? Is this a service you paid for or an item?

What did the T&C of your contract say?

I have no contract with them, neither had I agreed to a purchase.

I went there simply to ask for a budget on the some prints for my bachelor thesis and they told me they couldn't tell me the price in advance, but only after they print out everything. And now it turns out I have to pay for it and it is very expensive and I'm still living on a student budget. :(

On 18.6.2017, 14:08:05, julesojd said:

Hello everybody!

I have missed a few payments because I didn't get any reminders from the company I purchased from.

5 minutes ago, julesojd said:

I have no contract with them, neither had I agreed to a purchase.

I went there simply to ask for a budget on the some prints for my bachelor thesis and they told me they couldn't tell me the price in advance, but only after they print out everything. And now it turns out I have to pay for it and it is very expensive and I'm still living on a student budget. :(

Makes no sense for me. Your first post implies that you already did some payments. Your second post says that you asked them to print out you thesis to determine the costs. Strange.

Sounds like a crooked internet shop.

No I never said I made any payments and I never said it was an internet shop! 

It was a print store in Munich which I went only to ask for a budget price on a book printing and they told me they couldn't tell me in advance but only after printing. So after they did that and told me the price it was to high and I refused, that's when they said I HAD to pay! But there was never a written agreement of any sort!! HELP !!! :(

So they printed the thesis ? Usually in these cases (when you can't determine the final price in advance) you get a estimate and then a final price after it's all said and done and it's expected that the final price bears some correlation to the estimate. (If it doesn't it gets complicated. )

However if you agreed to go ahead and print the thesis without an estimate, then you are obliged to pay. It seems fairly odd that they wouldn't give you an estimate provided you gave them the number of pages/number of colour pages/required binding and cover which pretty much covers all they need to know and you should have been able to provide.

This sounds like a misunderstanding from your part, but not understanding your contract doesn't release you from it.

23 minutes ago, julesojd said:

No I never said I made any payments and I never said it was an internet shop! 

No?

I have missed a few payments because I didn't get any reminders from the company I purchased from.

It sounded like that anyway.

It was a print store in Munich which I went only to ask for a budget price on a book printing and they told me they couldn't tell me in advance but only after printing. So after they did that and told me the price it was to high and I refused, that's when they said I HAD to pay! But there was never a written agreement of any sort!! HELP !!! :(

Sorry but I never did a written agreement in a copy shop or print store and in Germany (and many other countries too) verbal agreements are binding also – how comes that they know your name, address etc. when you only went there to ask a question?I never had to give my personal details for asking a question... 

It does sound like a misunderstanding and communication failure. 

The OP clearly said- "I missed a few payments". This  says that the OP made some payments, but not all.( Well, sounds like it to me!)

When I have gone to a print shop,  there is a fixed charge per  page. But,  If here is a large number of pages,  they will  give an estimate. Maybe  the number of pages in Thesis was not clearly stated?? Did they include a nice cover file for the thesis?

Did you get your copy of your thesis? Or are they waiting for you to pay them? 

Unless you ask for a written quote,  print shops do    not give them. And you did give them your thesis, they did the work, so now want payment.