British Day 2005 - Hamburg

6 posts in this topic

British Day is a charitable event and is a great chance to see who is hanging about in Hamburg. I live very near to the event, which is a great advantage. All the cliché's are there! The website explains all: British Day 2005 Website

Maybe I'll see you there.

that sounds really cool. Maybe I'll come. I think its the weekend also of Airbus family day.

That's correct, the 28th. Each Airbus employee gets 5 tickets for family and friends. I have manged to grab one. I used to work there. I live opposite Airbus on the other side of the river. I used to swim to work each day... not really. It is not an open day and Airbus does not answer enquiries about the day.

I dont work for Airbus; my fiance does. I must admit, my loyalties are tending towards the brit day though!

Dinner for One will be performed live by the Hamburg Players for the second year running. I'll be taking hundreds of photos during the event. Maybe I could take some photos of some of you and post them here after the event. The Last Night of the Proms concert tickets are selling fast! By the way, I am aware the TOMBOLA committee is in need of donations for the Tombola stand. Any companies who can help with donations of quality prizes, such as paintings, electrical goods, nights in a hotel or anything else, please post or send me message and I'll pass the details on. All proceeds are going to local charities. Charities can me listed here on this forum, if you want - let me know. www.britishday.de

Can anyone help man the Tombola stand during British Day - 27th and/or 28th August 2005? We need anyone with a knowledge of English or any native speakers (you don't need to be a Brit). A minimum of two hours is possible. More would be great. Duties include selling tickets and keeping an eye on valuable prizes - and grinning at all the customers :D . Your help and reliability would be much appreciated!

It's also the best way to meet everyone. as the Tombola is usually the centre of the action.

All proceeds go to local childrens charities, as listed here: http://www.britishday.com/en/charities.shtml

Please send me your answers and contact details by PM and I will pass this on to the BD Tombola / Wheel of Fortune volunteers committee organiser.

We are also looking for quality prizes. If any companies can donate anything, please contact me by PM. A small amount of free advertising is usually possible, from experience, but taking part and helping charities is more important!

Our top prize is a trip to London with BA and a stay in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel on Hyde Park!

Tombola stand times are: Sat 27th, 11am to 6pm. Sun, 11am to circa 4pm. The lucky numbers will be called out at about 4pm on Sunday. Help might be needed to set up on the Friday, if you are free. This means hanging flags, putting up banners, setting up tables and arranging the prizes. Help to break down the stand, would be helpful on the Sunday after 5pm. The event closes at 7pm.

www.britishday.com

Location: Hamburg-Klein Flottbek - Polo Club. S-Bahn Klein Flottbek - Directions are here

We are looking forward to hearing from you :D