Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mietverein in Frankfurt

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I´ve just moved in to Frankfurt. First time renting an Apartment alone.

I´m wondering if it´s advisable to join a Mietverein, and which one/s are recommendable in Frankfurt? I found a few on Google, None with especially good Reviews...

I´d like someone to check that everything in my contract is according to the law. For example, in the Mietvertrag it says the Wohnung is given to me in a "renoviert" state, and that the only things belonging to the Wohnung, furniture-wise, is the kitchen. However, the stove-plates are ridiculously "dirty" with burn marks. Is that acceptable?

There are also a few "hole"/marks on the doors, one of which was caused by the Vormieter, and when I reecived the Apartment keys, the Vormieter was told this would be deducted from their Kaution. Then, I was told they would get someone to Substitute the door. However: the other door that also has holes, was like this when the Vormieter moved in years ago, according to her. This to me was a red flag: Are the landlords charging People from their Kaution to fix These things and then just never get around to actually Fixing them?? 

After they left I also noticed one of the Heizungs leaks when you turn it on. I made a Video of it and e-mailed it immediately to the landlady. I´m hoping they fix this too. There´s other few Details that Need Fixing and they said they would. However, in the document of my "Anmeldung" for the Wohnung, they only wrote that one of the doors will be replaced - no mention of all the other Problems to be fixed. And the burn marks on the stove plates weren´t even mentioned. Should I be panicking right now??

We joined Mieterverein as soon as we arrived, and they checked the contract before we signed it. They pointed out a few issues, and the landlord was  happy to change them.  I do not know which ones are good in Frankfurt, but I would go to your nearest and talk to them. Does not cost much, and they can send letter to your landlord re issues  that need fixing.

At this stage, I dont think that its nessacary to join any MV.

Simply Doccument the Damage Take Photos and print it all out.

Then send to the landlord/Lady with a covering letter.

"Dear Sir/Madam..

Upon moving into the apartment @ xxxxxx str...  I have noticed the following problems.

1)

2)

3)

Please take note of these problems as I do not wish to pay for this pre-existing damage upon my departure from the property.

I understand from the previous tennant that they have had the repair costs for the damaged door taken from their deposit, therefor I would like the damaged door to be repaired at no cost to myself.

Many thanks 

Lizzie

Now.. make 3 copies of this letter... One for you, one for the MV if you decide to join. and the 3rd one must be posted by normal snail mail "Einschreiben mit ruckschein"...