Terrific English-speaking dentist in Berlin: Dr Aviva Grinfeld

7 posts in this topic

If you're looking for an English-speaking dentist, I can highly recommed our family dentist, Dr Aviva Grinfeld. My daughter Elise was scared to get her first filling - to the point that she was going to run out of the office, poor thing, but Dr Grinfeld was so kind and patient - explaining each step and letting her hold the dental instruments - that Elise was able to relax - even during the drilling - and now no longer fears a visit to the dentist. Dr Grinfeld also did great work on a crown for me. I liked working with her so much I helped her redesign her website. Check it out! http://praxis-grinfeld.de/?page_id=77&lang=en

hmm I was just looking up some old threads on English speaking Dentists as I have some work need doing and am really not a confident patient for denistry to the point I have been procrastinating for years! The website looks great and easy to use not like some I been exploring so I am thinking I will give Gr Grinfeld a try and see if I survive!  will re-post here my thoughts after :)

Good idea to post here your experience, because the OP seems to be a shill.

first contact by phone was very friendly, informed and helpful (ps the booking system on the website is not that english friendly) I now have an appointment on Monday so will post again after that!

On 12/06/2017, 13:09:38, kirakay said:

first contact by phone was very friendly, informed and helpful (ps the booking system on the website is not that english friendly) I now have an appointment on Monday so will post again after that!

You will? Oh great!

thanks for the reminder to follow up on this - I ended up having quite some extensive dental work done and they were very considerate of my sensitivity and patient with me :) Also to accommodate my working schedule which makes it not always easy to attend office hours appointments so I did appreciate that they made it possible to fit me in when I could make it as it was quite a number of appointments in the end over a few months. The clinic is small but neat and clean, the main dentist (Dr Aviva Grinfeld) speaks excellent english and did take time to explain everything in details which was important for me to help me decide which course of action to take or not. The rest of the staff spoke some english and certainly enough to make appointments etc. The dental hygenist also spoke good english too. I dont have a lot to compare from as in my earlier post I did note that I avoided dentists for many years! And although I did find the whole procedure (I had to have two crowns and a couple of fillings!) rather traumatic I can say that Dr Grinfeld really did her best to make it easy for me. And I would say to anyone please go the dentists more frequently than every 10-15years as I had done as I have a feeling I may not have needed such extensive work if I had the courage to go earlier!  So I just had a follow up  "teeth clean" and check up and so far so good nothing needed, all is good. So I can recommend this clinic :P