Weekday Meetups

23 posts in this topic

Hi :)

I work from home (on call, odd hours sometimes) so I often find myself with not a whole lot to do during the day.  If anyone else finds themselves at home, bored out of their skulls, reply here and let's see if we can't get a group together.  We can get together and cook, discover new restaurants, walk around, shop, and uh...I have no idea.  

Looking forward to meeting some new people!!

Kate

Hi Kate,

I also work from home and I know pretty much zero people here in Munich. I'm an American who has lived in Europe for a while now and currently learning German. Would you like to meet up sometime? Feel free to shoot me a reply. :)

/Sarah

Hi All, 

I'm new to Munich (less than a month) but while I'm doing my job searching and jumping through all the hoops to finalize paperwork and driving licenses I'm pretty much free throughout the day too! Would love to meet up sometime!

Michelle 

Hi!

I know I'm a little late to the game, but I'm finding myself in a similar situation as you all.  Moved to Munich about 3 weeks ago and waiting on paperwork from the States to get everything finalized and legalized.  I would love to meet some new people!  Have you guys gotten together yet, or will you be doing something soon?

-Sarah

Hi Kate,

That sounds good! I'll send you a private message with my facebook details so we can have a more direct channel of communication. :)

Hiya...

Greetings to all...

I'm from Asia, Singapore and moving to Munich for businesses for couple of years.

Scheduled to move in August, and looking forward to this changes of environment.

If there's meet up of such - I sure would love to join to get to know more new friends!

See you guys soon!

Pond

I'm free for lunch next week, any day except Monday!  Let me know if you all make plans!

Been in Munich for a week now. My German is still very poor, and it would be nice to meet English speaking people in Munich. 

Haven't seen many responses in this thread.  If there are any meet up happening, I would like to join. 

On Sun Sep 3 21:21:56, BiancaBella said:

Been in Munich for a week now. My German is still very poor, and it would be nice to meet English speaking people in Munich. 

Haven't seen many responses in this thread.  If there are any meet up happening, I would like to join. 

Hi!

I'm new Toytown events but not new to Munich.  Workin part-time at the moment, would be nice to meet up during weekdays.  

Is every body in this thread up for a meeting?  Let's aim for the week of 18th September.

Hi everyone, 

I just moved to Munich a couple weeks ago and I don't know anyone in this town yet, my parents are visiting me at the moment so I will be free in 2 weeks, is anyone available for a meet up starting late September? I would love to grab a cup of coffee, go to a beer garden, or even chill at the english garden, in short anything goes (: 

23 minutes ago, MicheleBuitrago said:
23 minutes ago, MicheleBuitrago said:

Hi everyone, 

I just moved to Munich a couple weeks ago and I don't know anyone in this town yet, my parents are visiting me at the moment so I will be free in 2 weeks, is anyone available for a meet up starting late September? I would love to grab a cup of coffee, go to a beer garden, or even chill at the english garden, in short anything goes (: 

Hi everyone, 

Welcome, to our not so humble abode :)

Yeah I'd certainly be up for most kinds of outings.  Got a small exam end of month but will generally be free prior.

I haven't organized a meetup on here before, not sure the protocol. Does one PM to exchange contact details?

Edit: forgot to say I'd highly recommend joining the Friday beer garden and Wednesday curry night events to get a taste of Toytown Munich's community/events

Hi every body I´m in if you organise anything next week. Monday 18th is perfect.

let´s have a small introduction of each of us, would you?

i´m susy 38y working in sales, born in Italy, 2 years so far in Munich.

like sport, travelling, movies, aperó in the evening to relax, yoga and more.

what about you?

Cheers

susy

Hi Susy and everyone! Next Monday should work for me as well. Not sure how to organize meetings on here either though. 

My name is Michele, I'm 22 years old, born in the USA. I've just graduated from my master's and moved to Munich to live with my boyfriend (who is German of course). I like beer gardens, coffee shops, and hiking among many other things.

On a side note, I also will start teaching english as a freelancer here soon so if anyone has any experience with that, I would love to hear more about it.

Hello all!

My name is Ashley, I am 26 years old, and I just moved here from the USA. My husband is getting his master's degree from the University and I will be starting a job as a nanny in a week or so. I speak almost no German, so I am worried it will be hard to meet people while I am here. I do plan to take some classes once I get my nanny schedule in place. I would love to meet up with you guys in the future!

-Thanks,

Ashley

Hello Everyone :)

Have the plans been set for next week Monday?

Some background info: Moved to Munich from South Africa just over 2 weeks ago. My wife is working was offered a position here and I am currently learning German and studying Computer Science. Now that I am settled I will also be looking for work to keep me busy during the day.

It would be nice to meet some English speaking people in town.

Apologies for disappearing, was traveling.  How about we say:

Date: Monday 18th

Time: 7pm

Where: Kennedy's bar at Sendlinger Tor (U3/U6 station)

http://kennedysmunich.com/directions.php

Let's meet near the bar area.  I'll PM everybody my contact details in case we don't spot each other.

@MicheleBuitrago

A friend of mine (in IT) recently became a freelancer.  He had to register and take 'freelancing' courses.  I can ask for more details if you'd like.  I recommend searching the forums as well, surely someone has asked the question before.

Hi everyone, 

Sorry for the late response.  I don't get notifications for this apparently.  Unfortunately, I can't make evening meetings in general and the next few weeks are going to be extra busy with Oktoberfest.  But if anyone wants to get together for lunch or events during the day, send me a pm or we can organise something on the thread.

Cheers,

Kate