Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Voting in UK general elections

26 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, dstanners said:

Anyone else voting from Germany? 

No,I don't get a choice now (lived outside the UK too long) but honestly, since getting German citizenship, my feeling is that the UK can go f*ck itself. Some may argue it already has.

1 hour ago, dstanners said:

@kiplette didn't they include a postage paid envelope? Mine did/does. Perhaps it varies by council.

Richmond N Yorks

When I look at envelope B now there is nothing to suggest limitations but I absolutely remember reading on one of the bits of bumpf that freepost is only within the UK. 

I have stuffed it all in the paper sack, but now I feel like I should go check...

OK, found the instructions under a lot of random tat, In big print is, 'no stamp required if posting in UK', and in teeny print, it's an either/or. You have to check the front of envelope B, some are prepaid, some not. If yours is prepaid, the return address will be printed on the envelope, if you have a window then you have to pay the postage.

Now I have read all that, PLEASE EVERYONE CHECK YOUR RETURN ENVELOPE!! Presumably if you shove a window envelope in the post box, your vote may not arrive! 

9 hours ago, AdHa said:

No,I don't get a choice now (lived outside the UK too long) but honestly, since getting German citizenship, my feeling is that the UK can go f*ck itself. Some may argue it already has.

Same here!

But then I remember my family and hope that they won't suffer.  Except those that voted for Brexit. 

My envelope B was prepaid postage including outside the UK, although for the local elections I did have to put a stamp on. I went to the post office to check this time to be absolutely sure, and it was free post.

Where I vote had a 10,000 conservative majority but I still hope that could change. I voted tactically, not for my usual party, as it’s more important to me that the Tories lose.

Despite being here nearly 30 years I strategically proxy voted, mainly through frustration with the whole Brexit fustercluck I now have no intention of ever living there again but BoJo the Exploded Haystack suit monkey is not getting my vote