typical salary in IP company

4 posts in this topic

Dear All,

what is the typical salary for 'trainee european patent attorney' position in a private firm in Munich, for a masters and PhD degree holder with 4 years experience as postdoc.

thanks.

Cheers, Sr.

I am afraid your postdoc experience would unfortunately not count. A masters degree is sufficient to start as a trainee.

In any case, typical salary for a trainee European patent attorney could be between €55000 - €60000. Some or most of the private firms do offer revenue-shared-scheme as a salary, however, only after couple of years into the traineeship and/or European patent attorney qualification. There is no upper boundary to your salary in this revenue-shared-scheme.

hi bornfree,

thanks for your reply. Will I be given chance to ask about the salary expectation..so that I can negotiate... but because it is a trainee position will the salary is always fixed.

regards, Sr

Trainee position, in the IP field, is usually an entry level position with a fixed salary. I would be surprised if there would be room for negotiation. As mentioned above, given that the income could increase considerably after qualification, fixed salary is considered win-win for both the candidate and law firm.