Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BLUE CARD VISA AND START OF EMPLOYMENT

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

This may be a topic which was already discussed, but I could not get an answer from any threads !

I am a non-EU automotive professional working in Prague. I got a job offer from Munich and I applied for the Blue card at the Embassy of Germany in Prague and I got the VISA last day.

The visa I got is of type D and in the remarks its written "BLUE KARTE EU....AUFENTHALTSDAUER ENTSPRICHT GULTIGKEIT ".

My employer is now telling that I need another temporary work permit to join the employer and the VISA is just for the residency purpose.

Is it true that the visa is just for residency ??

I know the fact that I have to apply for the biometric blue card once I find an accommodation. But is it true that I should have an additional temporary work permit or the VIS I got will suffice both work permit and the residency ?

thanks in advance

Hi Akhil,

With this D Visa you can arrive to Munich, register at at your local town hall and start working. Then you need to apply for work permit and residence permit (this blue card) at foreigners office. Atleast this is what i did

I cannot provide you legal reference, but from what I know:

- National D visa that you got as Blue Card applicant IS both work and residence permit. It has absolutely no difference with Blue Card you'll get after moving here (except duration, of course). That's what I got from the staff in Auslanderbehorde when I was asking for Termin to get Blue Card - they said "your visa is the same, so we will schedule a termin one month before you visa expires" (which is 3 months from today).

- You may need approval from so called "worker's council" to start working. But it's not your business, but employer's one. As for me, they've got it even before I got a visa in my country.

In summary - either you didn't understand your HR\employer correctly or they're not experts in immigration procedures.

On 2017-5-18 12:14:47, CoolHead said:

With this D Visa you can arrive to Munich, register at at your local town hall and start working. Then you need to apply for work permit and residence permit (this blue card) at foreigners office. 

IF the permit was correctly issued,  I would agree with you. Not knowing what his permit says, however, I wouldn't just assume that it was correctly issued. 

Hello all,

Thank you so much everyone.

I checked with the "Landratsamt" and got the information that the VISA I got is a residency cum work permit. As @CoolHead mentioned I can start the employment after I register at the town hall and later have to apply for the biometric "BLUE CARD" after I find a permanent accommodation.

So I am planning to start with my new employer on June 1st. Again thanking you all for your time.