Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cost of a Netto gewinnermittlung for visa renewal?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

So I went for my visa renewal for freelance English teaching and childcare and got a 3 month extension. My German is a bit hazy but as I understood it (and my German friend who was with me), she said to bring a steuerbescheid or a netto gewinnermittlung done by a professional. Both are listed on the 'things to bring for next time' list. For one, I don't understand why my bescheid for 2016 wasn't good enough. I did my taxes through Elster and received a letter from the finanzamt showing what I owed in taxes, and brought that and proof that I paid it. I also brought in all of my invoices and bank statements proving they were paid to me.

Anyway, so I have called about 8 steuerberaters now and only 1 said she could help me get the form I need, but that it would cost 750-1000 euro and she doesn't even think she could have it done in time (by July). After expenses I only had about 8500 taxable income, so it is absolutely crazy for me to have to pay 1000 for this stupid form.

Does anyone have any experience getting a netto gewinnermittlung, or know if there is something else I can bring to the ausländerbehörde instead that might satisfy her? And I am still not exactly sure what a netto gewinnermittlung IS and how it differs from an audit or tax return.

Thanks for any help!

This is not about 2016 - you already provided the proof for the 2016 profit, the 2016 Einkommensteuer-Bescheid.

They are after a statement signed by a Steuerberater telling them how high your profit was from January to May 2017 (or up till whenever you will submit the visa renewal).

2 hours ago, kimochiwarui said:

only 1 said she could help me get the form I need, but that it would cost 750-1000 euro and she doesn't even think she could have it done in time (by July). After expenses I only had about 8500 taxable income, so it is absolutely crazy for me to have to pay 1000 for this stupid form.

Perhaps the ABH is concerned that you don't earn enough.

@PandaMunich can please correct me if my AB agent did the wrong thing, but I was able to clarify all issues with my Umsatzsteuererklaerung for my visa renewals. Maybe that was the document she was hoping to get? If the income from January to May is over €8500 (based on what the OP just said about their profit after expenses) then they fully expect that the op is doing the UST filing and should have the paperwork for that. 

9 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

If the income from January to May is over €8500 (based on what the OP just said about their profit after expenses) then they fully expect that the op is doing the UST filing and should have the paperwork for that. 

I understood from her post that her taxable income for 2016 was 8,500€, but reading it again, I'm not sure.

@engelchen It is 100% possible that I misread that as well. We'll have to wait for OP to clarify.

The AB agent was wrong, important is the profit, not the turnover (= Umsatz, which is what's contained in the Umsatzsteuererklärung); and you might want to re-read about the Kleinunternehmer turnover limits at the start of the turquoise section of the TT Elster wiki.

Well, bizarre. Eight years of renewing a visa (sometimes for one year/sometimes for three) and my Ab never asked for this document. I let her copy my USt declaration and my bank info and she was happy. Guess I got lucky.