Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bundesliga - Does anybody really care?

87 posts in this topic

And so der Klassiker goes 3-2 to BVB, who came from behind in the last quarter.

This game was of course being touted as a likely key one for title destination.   I disagreed, even before a result showing one reason :ph34r:.    A reinvigorated Dortmund is the sort of shot in the arm that German football needs after recent fiascos, but I don't see them as nailed on either,  I expect Leipzig to challenge strongly.    Quite a lot of the other (L1) results today seemed to go against likely form.

We also got an outlying L2 result.   Excited to know our next visitors arrive on the back of 8-1 :lol:.   The eight, not the one.   

The German Classico ended in 5-0 for FCB!! They struggled a lot against Heidenheim (where the hell is that?) with 5-4 in the Pokal on Wednesday, but now they were resurrected. BVB only 1 point behind, so it will be very exciting this year.

On 07/04/2019, 00:09:52, LukeSkywalker said:

The German Classico ended in 5-0 for FCB!! They struggled a lot against Heidenheim (where the hell is that?) with 5-4 in the Pokal on Wednesday, but now they were resurrected. BVB only 1 point behind, so it will be very exciting this year.

Its certainly much closer at the top this year.  But I just get the feeling that BVB will bottle it, they don't have the experience to push on and win the league which takes a lot of mental courage.

In comparison the bottom of the league this year however seems much simpler, with Hannover and Nuernberg too far adrift and Stuttgart will struggle also to make anything up on the teams above them.

Normally the bottom of the league is more exciting that the top!

And it looks likely that Koeln and Hamburg will be back in the top division next year.

Not sure what you mean by mental courage, but BVB struggled the second half against Mainz yesterday. I so hope that FCB is not winning it again.

BVB_Mainz.jpg

1-4 for FCB!! I reckon that mental courage means the winning mentality and strength to put the icing on the cake. The will to succeed.

Since you have C2: Mia san mia.

This has certainly been the most exciting season for many years: after Dortmund's win and Munich's tie today, the championship won't be decided until next week, the final match day. It's also been one of my favorite Hertha seasons ever, despite a few setbacks, because I got to see them beat Gladbach and Bayern at home.

Three teams (Gladbach, Leverkusen, and Frankfurt) are also still in competition for the final Champions League spot.

It looks like Bayern is going to buy key players away from all the teams yet again during the next transfer period, so we'll have to see where the cards fall next year.

I am glad it’s not a one horse race this year, jeffo, and, as you say , both Bayern’s and Dortmund’s matches next week are against teams with European ambitions for next season. Hope Dortmund make it👍🏼.