Can this be considered as fake marriage?

156 posts in this topic

I know this person, who told me she has been separated with her german husband for over a year. But she is 'pausing' the actual divorce until she can get her german citizen, and her 'husband' is helping her on that , as she is applying it nowadays. They married in 2010, they started separation last year but still in the same house but sleep in separate rooms. Now she is even dating another guy while officially she is still married. Not handing in divorce is only for her to get german passport. Does this sound right to anyone here? Which authorities in Germany one should report this kinda case? Will she still be eligible to get german passport if someone reports to the authorities? Can this be considered as fake marriage and also a crime?

48 minutes ago, Uncle Nick said:

They have been married for about six years, do you intend to report her? If so, what do you hope to get out of it?

I don't know if this kinda case shall be reported. I just find very uncomfortable and injustice, that using this so called marriage to get german passport, just doesn't seem to be right to me. Of course I hope this person doesn't get german citizenship and go back where she comes from especially she also has no intention to stay here for the rest of her life. What's the point? To get german passport so that she keeps a second choice in case she can't get a life in her own country? It would be very unfair for those who really follow the german immigration marriage law while such a person takes advantage of and feel no shame of it!

You can't do a trennungsjahr in the same house (I don't think). So, that'll be a long time until the divorce.

It might be regarded as a "nachträgliche Scheinehe". If she lies on the form the citizenship could be denied or revoked. It is also punishable by fine or up to 5 years in prison.

https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/rustag/__35.html

https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/rustag/__42.html

You can try to report it to her Ausländerbehörde and/or police. If they are interested in following it up is a different question, though. Depends on the ambition of the Beamte.

4 hours ago, Happybear said:

I don't know if this kinda case shall be reported. I just find very uncomfortable and injustice, that using this so called marriage to get german passport, just doesn't seem to be right to me. Of course I hope this person doesn't get german citizenship and go back where she comes from especially she also has no intention to stay here for the rest of her life. What's the point? To get german passport so that she keeps a second choice in case she can't get a life in her own country? It would be very unfair for those who really follow the german immigration marriage law while such a person takes advantage of and feel no shame of it!

What's your problem, have you been refused German citizenship?

10 hours ago, AlexTr said:

You can't do a trennungsjahr in the same house (I don't think).

Yes you can - basically as the OP wrote (separate Tisch & Bett).

8 hours ago, LeonG said:

If she's been in Germany since 2010 or longer, she's probably eligible for citizenship anyway by now regardless of her marriage.

Would you be a happier bear if you reported her?

If so then think about it why she still needs this so called husband to apply for citizenship? And did I mention anything that I want to report her? In fact many other people I know is aware of her case, maybe one will report, we are in Germany, reporting is quite normal, i.e. The neighbors 

7 hours ago, yourkeau said:

7 years is enough to get citizenship normally, keeping marriage is unnecessary. And she already has permanent residency. I wonder, OP, how long do you live in Germany that you feel in the right to state something like this:

What is the truth, HappyBear? Did you want to date her and got a refusal or something? Germany is a bit different from Russia, here people are not imprisoned after one anonymous report.

We are in a free speech state that everyone is allowed to say what they think as long as it is not involved public hatery content. I don't know anything about Russsia, but seems u are quite familiar with it, are u from Russia and being investigated from an anonymous report? Or are u actually those fakers that take money to get someone for german citizenship? In another thread about fake marriage here in this legal section, many Germans do so

8 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

1) How do you prove they are sleeping in separate rooms?

2) Sleeping in separate rooms is no proof of fake marriage. I worked with a guy that slept in a separate room because the wife snored

3) Dating another guy does not make the marriage fake, just not very healthy. Can't remember the stats, but above a third of German men have cheated their wife. 

4) Get a hobby which does not involve fucking other people's life

I don't need to prove it because I know when this person said such a thing proudly someone else recorded what she said.

cheating in marriage in general does not make that right in the society and certainly don't get the respect from the people around, not talking about this case here is  very possible the marriage is fake from the very beginning. Some Germans use it for another illegal income so no matter how many years as long as the official divorce not happen yet, that German can have that income in a yearly base.

if her life is fucked or not it will be decided by the law and the police/foreigner office, this has nothing to do with one's hobby, and after all she got this fucked up life to herself not anyone else!

6 hours ago, Uncle Nick said:

What's your problem, have you been refused German citizenship?

You are not answering or helping any of the questions that in my OP. So what is YOUR problem? Have u been refused for german citizenship?!

1 hour ago, Happybear said:

this case here is  very possible the marriage is fake from the very beginning. Some Germans use it for another illegal income so no matter how many years as long as the official divorce not happen yet, that German can have that income in a yearly base.

Income from what/who?

Who's paying this couple's rent - him or her?

Just looks like an open marriage to me.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Income from what/who?

Who's paying this couple's rent - him or her?

Just looks like an open marriage to me.

Very good question, Fraufruit!

the answers of those questions so far likely only are known by the couple themselves- are you working for the forienger office of Germany? Seems those questions will be part of their investigations?

check this out: 

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/142087-how-to-set-up-a-marriage-of-convenience/

10 minutes ago, Happybear said:

the answers of those questions so far likely only are known by the couple themselves

So what exactly are you basing your accusations on (other than somebody said something)? Anyway, how could you know what intentions they had when they got married? I don't understand how you could prove they married with criminal intentions -- it has been seven years already. 

4 hours ago, Happybear said:

Some Germans use it for another illegal income

You have not answered fraufruit's question. Do tell us what you're on about. 

5 hours ago, Happybear said:

I don't know anything about Russsia

I believe you. You are Russian, but do not know anything about Russia, because you have no independent media.

but seems u are quite familiar with it, are u from Russia and being investigated from an anonymous report?

This is a typical Russian sentence. My nationality barometer now estimated the probability of you being Russian as 80%

Or are u actually those fakers that take money to get someone for german citizenship?

83%

You registered on TT for the sole purpose to get advice how to ruin the life of someone you do not like. Usually here people register to help their friends who got into trouble. Western civilization is about helping people. Eastern civilization is about war and damage. 

In fact many other people I know is aware of her case, maybe one will report, we are in Germany, reporting is quite normal, i.e. The neighbors 

85%, although this is not solely Russian, but Eastern European belief.

I don't need to prove it because I know when this person said such a thing proudly someone else recorded what she said.

Do you know that recording another person without their consent is an offence in Germany?

Three years in jail.

Logo Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz

Strafgesetzbuch (StGB)
§ 201 Verletzung der Vertraulichkeit des Wortes

(1) Mit Freiheitsstrafe bis zu drei Jahren oder mit Geldstrafe wird bestraft, wer unbefugt
das nichtöffentlich gesprochene Wort eines anderen auf einen Tonträger aufnimmt oder
eine so hergestellte Aufnahme gebraucht oder einem Dritten zugänglich macht.
(2) Ebenso wird bestraft, wer unbefugt
das nicht zu seiner Kenntnis bestimmte nichtöffentlich gesprochene Wort eines anderen mit einem Abhörgerät abhört oder
das nach Absatz 1 Nr. 1 aufgenommene oder nach Absatz 2 Nr. 1 abgehörte nichtöffentlich gesprochene Wort eines anderen im Wortlaut oder seinem wesentlichen Inhalt nach öffentlich mitteilt.
Die Tat nach Satz 1 Nr. 2 ist nur strafbar, wenn die öffentliche Mitteilung geeignet ist, berechtigte Interessen eines anderen zu beeinträchtigen. Sie ist nicht rechtswidrig, wenn die öffentliche Mitteilung zur Wahrnehmung überragender öffentlicher Interessen gemacht wird.
(3) Mit Freiheitsstrafe bis zu fünf Jahren oder mit Geldstrafe wird bestraft, wer als Amtsträger oder als für den öffentlichen Dienst besonders Verpflichteter die Vertraulichkeit des Wortes verletzt (Absätze 1 und 2).
(4) Der Versuch ist strafbar.
(5) Die Tonträger und Abhörgeräte, die der Täter oder Teilnehmer verwendet hat, können eingezogen werden. § 74a ist anzuwenden.

@LenkaG this somebody is this person herself, otherwise how another people would know that she is applying german citizenship by using this so called marriage while they have been separated for over a year? The question here is not she is eligible or not, but when she is clearly toward to this so called divorce but using this last chance to get citizenship, is this something the german law supporting? No question, even if her marriage would be really fake from the very beginning that if she would have applied it years ago before the separation, it won't be that easy to figure out if she is faking or not.

i already answered Fraufruit's question, but if you want to know the exact answers, I guess only the german gov can tell you.