Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Share your favorite travel tips of your visit to Russia

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys!
I invite anyone to share some travel tips and interesting destinations in Russia, including cities you recommend to visit and venues.
I shall start with a wonderful city St.Petersburg. I am frequenter there so I got to learn it a bit.
There's a lot to see regarding historical sites. The downtown is abundant in gorgeous architecture like Church on Spilled Blood, Kazan cathedral, Hermitage, Yusupov palace. Virtually any other building you bump into might be a work of art that really strikes the eye.
The city is also rich in theatres and concert halls like the legendary Bolshoi drama theatre and Mariinsky theatre. The tickets might price and you got to take care of booking in advance and it'sworth-visitng no doubt.
If you feel like unconventional places you got better get on with a local guide cause in this case you could see something you wont find in your guide book e.g. a museum dedicated to a Russian rock-star Viktor Tsoi, called Kamchatka - a very cool club with authentic russian rock music and booze.
As for the Russian cuisine I'd recommend restaurants Tsar and Cococo.
Here's a list of my favourite nightclubs and bars: Barslona, Fidel, Zavist, Lomonosov.
You are welcome to share our favourite venues

Hmmm, always nice to hear that there are fun things to do in the little village of St Petersburg :D  Just joking about St Petersburg, although I do in fact much prefer Moscow.

For tourists, I would recommend staying somewhere in the Kitai Gorod or Lubyanka area, which are part of "old Moscow".  Lots of great bars and restaurants in the area, which is also within walking distance of tourist sites such as Red Square, Kremlin, the Bolshoi Theater, etc., but it is also great just to wander around old Moscow.  

Also check out things like the Hermitage Museum and Gorky Park, maybe a river cruise, and Moscow's amazing night life.