Tax declaration, How to take back furniture taxes while working just 2 month in the year

2 posts in this topic

Hi All

I came from my country to work in Germany I started working in Berlin since November 2015 , i spent one month ( November ) in my company apartment with my wife,kids then i rented an apartment in December and i bought all the furniture  

i want to take back the tax of  ( relocation costs and also the flight tickets ) for me and my family 

i can't do that in any online tax  applications ( the numbers is not increased when i add them) 

i think it's not fair to just because i bought the furniture at the end of the year (20.12.2015) so i can't declare it or take the tax back 

do you think i could merge 2015 and 2016 in my tax declaration ? or what shall i do ? 

You cannot claim for furniture, the only thing people can claim for is under doppelte Haushaltsführung, i.e. if they move to Germany for a job ahead of their family - is a bed, chair, table, wardrobe. The idea behind this is that the "good" furniture remained with their family and that they therefore need some simple furniture until their family joins them with the "good" family furniture.

Since you moved here together with your family you are not eligible for doppelte Haushaltsführung.

Somehow, I think you also neglected to declare your Egyptian income in 2015, i.e. what you earned in 2015 up till the moment you moved here. You have to declare it in line 95 of the Mantelbogen ESt 1A. It will not be taxed again, but it will raise your German tax rate on your German income.

18 minutes ago, Mohamed Zein said:

do you think i could merge 2015 and 2016 in my tax declaration ?

No.