Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Work from Home jobs for IT professionals

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

My wife was working in requirements management for over 8 years. She was working in Germany last year but had to quit due to health reasons. She has chronic back pain and a 9 to 5 job in an office doesn't work for her. Since she was working in a narrow field, she's also considering retraining in another IT field.

One of the main considerations, due to her health condition, is a filed where she could work from home at least for part of the week.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

RPC

At her current level, I can only say apply for jobs in the field she is interested in and see if the company are flexible.

For lower paid/starting positions, try to keep an eye out for any companies offering jobs specifically listed as being work from home positions.

I seem to remember Amazon or ebay advertising such jobs a couple of month ago.

15 hours ago, RPC said:

My wife was working in requirements management for over 8 years. She was working in Germany last year but had to quit due to health reasons. 

Has she contacted the DRV? Depending on how long (and in which countries) she has worked, she might have collected enough contributions to be eligible for various reha programmes.

I would recommend starting with a Kontoklärung. 

http://www.deutsche-rentenversicherung.de/Allgemein/de/Navigation/2_Rente_Reha/02_Rehabilitation/Rehabilitation_node.html

@cb6dba: Thanks, we will keep an eye out for openings. Not many employers can be flexible even if the managers are OK as they may have union limitations.

@engelchen: Thanks for the suggestion. I am not sure she has enough contribution to be eligible for this. She was working in India and US (temporary) before this. Not sure if mine can be applied. We will look at this.