Calling all nerds! (MTG,D&D,video games etc)

22 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! My name is Kimmy and I am a 23 year old American. I have lived in Germany for close to three years now and I have yet to make any friends honestly. I am looking for people to hangout with and engage in nerdy activities; such as video games, dungeons and dragons, magic the gathering nights, etc. I also like educational sites and to travel . Additionally, I have several projects I am working on, film script, book, web comic, etc, that I would enjoy having other people be a part of. Is there anyone interested in any of this?

Thank you. However, board games are not exactly what I was looking for. Besides, I don't think there is any harm in creating new hangout opportunities for people. But, I may have to check it out anyways.

Ooo. I have my MTG collection here. Would love to play ...though I don't know any of the cards or rule changes since Fallen Empires ^^

Do you know the shop Funtainment (I think)? They host ccg and table top stuff but mainly in German I imagine.

No, I have only been to one card store in Germany. I mostly play tabletop rules. My cards are all back in the USA but my mother will be sending them soon! :) I had heard a few places did card games in english, but I have yet to find any :/ Still, would like to organize some local play! Maybe a cube draft?

1 hour ago, malcolmpow said:

Bit late but is anyone still in for this? D&D mostly.

Hi malcolmpow, 

I am actually still attempting to form a group for this...but so far have had little success. I am amazed there are not more fans of these kind of activities.

45 minutes ago, malcolmpow said:

sure, let me try see if i can rope together some people, otherwise me, maybe +1 if I am persuasive enough, but doubtful

My husband has never played before, but I am sure I could convince him to join in and maybe one other person I know. I don't think d&d requires hoards of people. So it really wouldn't be impossible to form a group for this in the coming month if you are interested.

Yeah, my wife generally refuses to do nerd stuff.

but sure, if we can get 4-5 people together that should be enough, i've asked her to check if any of her friends would play.

I'd be interested in an MtG night, though I would need to rebuild my collection as I've sold/given away most of my collection while minimalizing to make the transition here a little easier.  Do card stores sell English MtG cards/booster packs?  Maybe from there I can build a formidable deck or two.

2 hours ago, GatorInMunich said:

I'd be interested in an MtG night, though I would need to rebuild my collection as I've sold/given away most of my collection while minimalizing to make the transition here a little easier.  Do card stores sell English MtG cards/booster packs?  Maybe from there I can build a formidable deck or two.

I still have yet to get my cards from the USA so I have decided to rebuild a collection here as well,which is a bit disappointing. However, I have found that there is at least one card store in Munich (that I know of) that sells cards in English.

Definitely don't give away the name of the store tho :)

The other half tells me she might have 2-3 willing people for d&d

so maybe weekend of 19th or something?

6 hours ago, malcolmpow said:

Definitely don't give away the name of the store tho :)

The other half tells me she might have 2-3 willing people for d&d

so maybe weekend of 19th or something?

Haha, I was getting to that. I just had to decide if you guys were worthy :P

The store name is FUNtainment GmbH and the address is Landwehrstraße 12A-14, 80336 München.

http://www.funtainment.de/

They host different events but I have never been to any, though I am sure that those are in German. Nevertheless, they do sell English cards.

I know for a fact I have two people that are willing to play DnD. However, as it seems that most the people interested are noobs, we would need to decide who would be the acting Dungeon master. I admit I have never done it before, but I am a writer so I could probably give it a decent go if we have no one else able to do it.

7 hours ago, Metall said:

I would be interested in playing (A)DnD! :)

Awesome! Have you played before? I am still working out all the specifics and a date for the get together. But the more the merrier!

Hey, I would like too meet for non-DnD&MtG activities :D and if someone is open to some other systems I would be really interested! Board games are also an option with me, I am just not that fond of the existing board game meetups with 30+ people. :D

On 5/7/2018, 2:57:36, KimmyRS said:

Awesome! Have you played before? I am still working out all the specifics and a date for the get together. But the more the merrier!

I've played ADnD a number of times, but it's been a while (meaning I wouldn't be the master).

We can make something work.

i've played at being the dude who's careful plans gets wasted by damn players a couple times before.

i can do it again.