Places in Munich that offer Vegan or Dairy Free food.

18 posts in this topic

Evening All,

I regularly visit my brother who lives in Munich, but since my last visit, I have been diagnosed with IBS and have been told to follow a low fodmap diet ( I have also been allergic to dairy since 2009).

In July we are visiting a friend in Aachen and then my brother in Munich for a few days and bringing along my 8 year old, and so i am looking for places to eat in the city that'll offer dairyfree / gluten free/ vegan options and for shops that offer dairy free cheese and almond milk and am wondering if any of you have suggestions of places to eat.

Thanks

I myself suffer from lactose intolerance. I never herd of dairy free restaurants. Vegan and dairy free ( lactose frei ) products in most supermarkets and for dairy suffered you can buy tablets, to take during meals, You can get them in most drug stores and super markets. I buy lactrase 6000 2-3 of them usely helps

I am not vegan, but I happened to pass by a vegan ice cream shop on a walk the other day. I have never been there so I cannot personally recommend it, but it's called IceDate- Die vegane Bio- Eismanufaktur near the Universitat U6 stop. I think there are also cafes in that area offering vegan dishes.

7 hours ago, stewpot said:

I myself suffer from lactose intolerance. I never herd of dairy free restaurants. Vegan and dairy free ( lactose frei ) products in most supermarkets and for dairy suffered you can buy tablets, to take during meals, You can get them in most drug stores and super markets. I buy lactrase 6000 2-3 of them usely helps

I simply meant places that have dairyfree options (which is why I asked Vegan). 

Unfortunately I have had a reaction to lactose free milk before, but thank you for the reply

3 hours ago, Stldcmuc said:

I am not vegan, but I happened to pass by a vegan ice cream shop on a walk the other day. I have never been there so I cannot personally recommend it, but it's called IceDate- Die vegane Bio- Eismanufaktur near the Universitat U6 stop. I think there are also cafes in that area offering vegan dishes.

Thanks, will check it out 🙂

Oh wait , i know one vegan place in town called Max Pett.

It was a while ago, like 3-4 years and i dont think i can recall anything from my taste buds.  But i remember seeing some good looking tofu schrimps on my plate though.

If you are looking for pizzas, I (myself lactose intolerant) would recommend Pizzesco (www.pizzesco.com) at Rosenheimerstr 12 (S-bahn stop: Rosenheimer platz) which offers lactose free as well as gluten free pizzas.

Hans im Glück which is a burger chain has 3 fabulous vegan burgers and you can even ask "No Bread" so it comes with more lettuce. It's a good place to go if your crowd is a mix of meat eaters / vegan / vegetarians.

On 02/05/2017, 16:51:44, Skyforger said:

Cafe Ignaz is a nice vegan cafe/restuarant, in Maxvorstadt 

I live just around the corner from them and they're fantastic.  Would definitely second this recommendation!  

also, most asian fare is lactose free, and unless you are extremely gluten intolerant (like, a spec of flour that happens to waft into your food in the kitchen could make you sick)  you will probably be able to find suitable low fodmap dishes there.

for non-dairy cheese and almond milk, just go to any bioladen - the biggest chain I know if is alnatura but there are lots of smaller shops too.

I'm vegan, don't eat out much but I've tried some places - Would definitely recommend Lost Weekend ( a cafe only a few minutes walk from IceDate mentioned above which I also recommend). I also really loved Orange Box and I think they are a great business.. Another nice place "Rebella Bex Cafe" off of Sonnenstr. which I do recall having a nice fresh salad in the middle of winter. 

Thank you all for the suggestions. Finding places to eat whilst visiting in July, was a big worry for me, but now i've plenty of suggestions to checkout :)

You could try the @HappyCow@ app

Dining guide to healthy vegetarian restaurants, vegan restaurants, natural health food stores, info on nutrition, veganism, vegan recipes, healthy cooking, travel, and more.