Bachelor party in Berlin, looking for tips

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I hope you can help.

I'm organising a bachelor party for my best friend in Berlin, I did arrange some of the activities I would like to do, however I would like to have some reccomendation on restaurants and pubs for Saturday night. We're a group of 8, ideally we would like to have German food, anything around the area of the east side gallery? Any help will be massively appreciated, thanks!

1 hour ago, bahamut said:

I'm organising a bachelor party for my best friend in Berlin, I did arrange some of the activities I would like to do, however I would like to have some reccomendation on restaurants and pubs for Saturday night.

I really hope you don't mean this Saturday night because (AFAIK in Berlin like) in most of Germany local authorities do enforce a restricted hours policy on music and dancing in public over the Easter period.

Although the Saturday itself is theoretically a normal weekday (Werktag) things quieten down earlier on Good Friday evening and again promptly at midnight on the Saturday because Easter Sunday starts and those restrictions continue for Easter Day Monday.

If you are in fact planning for a future Saturday it might help other TTers (in Berlin) to help you if you were to specify your target date.

2B

There are several brewery/pub places can easily deal with 8 people and serve hearty German food. Off the top of my head: Lemke at Hackescher Markt or next to Schloss Charlottenburg; Georgbräu in the Nikolaiviertel (touristy but the beer is fine). Doldenmädel in Kreuzberg. Further out from the centre, but Stone Brewing in Mariendorf is worth a visit. Need to reserve a table!

Thanks guys! The weeked is actually the one on the 6th of May, so it would be fine, no restriction for us!

Thanks for the tip @john_b really appreciated!

I also recommend Lemke at Hackescher Markt--the food is German, but very good, not just the same old sauerkraut...it is always crowded there, so you should definitely reserve.  There is also the big Hofbrau place near Alexanderplatz, but haven't eaten there.  I would avoid Brauhause Mitte, across from Alexanderplatz, I was there once, not impressed.  Prater is also good, oldest biergarten in Berlin, they have both the outdoor biergarten and an indoor restaurant (be sure to reserve for inside).  Another place is the Augustiner bierhall on Gendarmer Platz  (sp?)--good bier, food is not bad.