Discussion : picking up girls , is Berlin the right place ?

98 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, RedMidge said:

I think he said in earlier answer- He is NOT German, but when he registered on TT, he left the "Default as German"!!

In which case he should correct his profile.

Thats the first place I look when someone is requesting assistance & reasonably assume that the owner took care when entering.

Seems I'm not alone.

I would just like to say to the OP that desperation stinks, and girls can smell it at 100 meters!

It would be far better for him to just go out and about doing whatever he really enjoys doing, and with a bit of luck, he will find somebody who appreciates the real him.

I'm from Israel,  English is the fifth language that I speak, It was never about being desperate since I live my life normally and non of its aspects are dysfunctioning.

Some people here started instantly by arguing with the meaning of some words instead of discussing the idea as a whole which opened the door to other people to deviate even more from the first topic .

As a new visitor for the topic I might take such a bad idea about the OP without even reading the main topic , my English isn't the best English you could find out there. If you have something useful to share or even criticism in a positive and nice attitude I'm open for that,  otherwise please don't waste your time anymore on this topic just to try to show me how " loser " I am because I don't care about your opinion anyway and my behavior isn't affected by your impolite comments,  please look for reputation and attention elsewhere because you will obviously kill for it. I think my previous topic will be helpful for you @BadDoggie since you clearly have some daddy issues or unfinished business regarding the development of your personality components,  if you're damaged play with people like you don't come here seeking therapy :)

Well. Firstly: leaving your nationality as "German" when you're not -- out of sheer laziness --  was an invitation for others to misunderstand and possibly express befuddlement. People here do check the profiles of new posters. You couldn't know that; but  it was mentioned several times and it wouod have been an easy thing for you to go back and correct your profile.

Secondly: words DO matter, sorry. I'm no longer a girl, and even if "pick up" has come to mean dating in slang -- it has a very disrespectful tone to it. No girl likes to be "picked up", as if she has no say in the matter; as if you, the guy,  picked her up like a scrap of something found lying on the ground which you liked. Sorry, but this is just reality.  Language matters. Even slang.

If you'd chosen better words you might have received a better response.

11 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

Well. Firstly: leaving your nationality as "German" out of sheer laziness -- it was an invitation for others to misundesrtand and possibly express befuddlement. People here do check the profiles of new posters. You couldn't know that; but  it was mentioned several times and it wouod have been an easy thing for you to go back and correct your profile.

Secondly: words DO matter, sorry. I'm no longer a girl, and even if "pick up" has come to mean dating in slang -- it has a very disrespectful tone to it. No girl likes to be "picked up", as if she has no say in the matter; as if you, the guy,  like a scrap of something found lying on the ground which you liked and picked up. Sorry, but this is just reality.  Language matters. Even slang.

If you'd chosen better words you might have received a better response.

With that I do agree I will comment on your second part , I thought we are cool open minded people here and that poeple will get what I mean . I never meant to harm or to show disrespect to anyone , maybe meeting girls is the best description here and for the record , one night stand is not my thing. Anyway since you start talking and discussing with serious and positive attitude I would like to thank you for it :) 

9 hours ago, BadDoggie said:

> I think he said in earlier answer- He is NOT German, but when he registered on TT, he left the "Default as German"!!

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, Hait' Obend steht a Bratenten aufda Speisekart'. The fact remains that this is a forum for forinjers from English-speaking countries

No way the OP is a native English speaker. His posting looks a bit German, but not necessarily.

24 minutes ago, Aasemk said:

Some people here started instantly by arguing with the meaning of some words instead of discussing the idea as a whole which opened the door to other people to deviate even more from the first topic .

That's a traditional welcome from the Toytown Anal Brigade. It just means they are happy to have someone to judge.

2 hours ago, HEM said:

In which case he should correct his profile.

17 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

Well. Firstly: leaving your nationality as "German" out of sheer laziness -- it was an invitation for others to misunderstand and possibly express befuddlement. 

Try not to befuddle the Toytown Elders.  They don't like befuddlement.  :(

11 hours ago, BadDoggie said:

woof.

And don't worry BadDoggie.

11 hours ago, Metall said:

You are spot on!

Or his sycophants. 

1 hour ago, robinson100 said:

I would just like to say to the OP that desperation stinks, and girls can smell it at 100 meters!

Money too, Robbo!  :lol:

18 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

No girl likes to be "picked up", as if she has no say in the matter; as if you, the guy,  picked her up like a scrap of something found lying on the ground which you liked. Sorry, but this is just reality.  

Haha, total embellishment.  Well done, arundarsi.  

8 minutes ago, Aasemk said:

I never meant to harm or to show disrespect to anyone , maybe meeting girls is the best description here and for the record , one night stand is not my thing. 

Don't worry too much about the people who go out of their way to feel offended, Aasemk. 

The fact remains that this is a forum for forinjers from English-speaking countries,

Wrong, this forum is for English speaking people, regardless where they come from.

The fact remains that this is a forum for forinjers from English-speaking countries

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nick said:

Wrong, this forum is for English speaking people, regardless where they come from.

Think you've just owned, BadDoggie, Uncle!

uncle.JPG.a245e753de69b5db595038f7c739a3

13 hours ago, BadDoggie said:

I can''t understand why the chicks aren't all killing each other trying to land a catch like you.

Argument?

Pick-up efficiency?

So bars are awesome, except that you hate everything about them, from drinking down to the drunk chicks in the place who, oddly, aren't throwing themselves at you.

Not if you're a girl.

YOU are a Kraut on a public forum for English-speaking expats who can't manage to get himself laid in Berlin, but THEY'RE the pussies.

What the hell has happened to this place?

woof.

HE IS RISEN! EASTER TIME IS HERE!

He is risen, indeed!

(sorry, the Lutheran in me just can't let that go unanswered).

Three years with no luck means you gotta start looking at the source and not the environment.  

1 hour ago, Aasemk said:

I never meant to harm or to show disrespect to anyone , maybe meeting girls is the best description here  

Again, as long as you (an adult man) call potential partners "girls", things won't work out.

This state of mind of yours (not seeing ladies on an equal footing but seeing/treating them as "girls" or even "chicks") is exactly that specific kind of derogatory disrespect that ladies can smell from a mile away...

8 minutes ago, franklan said:

Again, as long as you (an adult man) call potential partners "girls", things won't work out.

This state of mind of yours (not seeing ladies on an equal footing but seeing/treating them as "girls" or even "chicks") is exactly that specific kind of derogatory disrespect that ladies can smell from a mile away...

Now every single man here want to use this topic to show Women how " gentle " and " chivalrous "  he is , seriously guys dont pretend now to be the most sensitive , the most caring individuals just to gain some credit by jumping on my horse , I tell you what , the Lady or the Woman who has a problem , a serious problem with me calling her a girl or chick , I DONT WANT HER , I guess ladies here will fancy you now Mr. @franklan since you showed them who's the "Expert " when it comes to how to treat women!

26 minutes ago, trr said:

Three years with no luck means you gotta start looking at the source and not the environment.  

Well thanks for the notice and it's totally right when we talk about a total failure which is not the case here , I dont need to mention that I have been with couple women during this time , or maybe I should to avoid stupid comments , I was with some girls @ttr and in a very good relationship but sometime you realize that it's not what you want for really long term relationship . Thanks again :)

31 minutes ago, tor said:

He is risen, indeed!

(sorry, the Lutheran in me just can't let that go unanswered).

By the way , I came from Nazareth :)