Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to improve the quality of my laptop camera

6 posts in this topic

I need to take a photo of my passport. For a new bank aoount. I have tried to use the inbuilt one in my laptop, but the small print on the passport is not clear enough. Or so the bank says. How can I improve the quality of my photos so that this bank andothers will accept it?

Could I just go down to my local internet cafe and get them to scan it for me. Into my e mail account. But will this count.? The bank says that the pic must be jpeg. So will a scan be jpeg.

Thanks

Colin

Do you have a smartphone? If so, the front-facing camera (not the selfie camera) should have sufficiently high quality if you frame it correctly.

If not, then the internet cafe is your best bet. Yes, they can save the scan in jpg format, among others.

Thanks El Jeffo. Do I have a smartphone? Of course not. I have my image to think of. So I am off to the internet cafe tomorrow..

Does a smartphone have 2 cameras ???

Captain Obvious: to improve the quality of your camera you should buy a new camera.

Web cameras are designed to transmit videos over internet, for which you need a low quality image, so that even a slow connection will be enough for Skype calles etc.

To scan a document with web camera of your laptop is as good idea as drinking a beer glass with the tea spoon: you can do that, but...

Or just get a scan of it. A used scanner costs around 10€ on eBay kleinanzeigen.