Job Center - Very Special Case and Urgent.

46 posts in this topic

Hey there guys,

Let me explain this as accurately as possible and why it's a bit complicated. I am German citizen (that means that I do have a german passport), however, I do not speak German. Why ? My grandfather was german, and through him, I got my citizenship, but I was born in another country.

I want to emphasize on this: I came with my own savings three months ago and have been looking for a job even before I came here, because even though I know I'm entitled to the government help, I wanted to do it of my own before I went on looking for money. However, three months have past by and I haven't yet found a job. 

For this reason, I would like to start learning a little bit more which benefits or help I'm entitled too. From housing subsidy as for money to sustain myself. I am, at the moment, completely ignorant in this subject, so if anyone has a situation like this and could help/explain me what steps I should follow, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

48 minutes ago, Colombo1989 said:

I want to emphasize on this: I came with my own savings three months ago and have been looking for a job even before I came here, because even though I know I'm entitled to the government help, I wanted to do it of my own before I went on looking for money. However, three months have past by and I haven't yet found a job. 

Did you register in Germany? Your profile says "South America" is your location? What is your healthcare status? 

The only thing you can apply for is welfare aka Hartz IV (read about the concept in english there). Contact your local "job center" (that's the welfare center not the employment office) ASAP, go there on monday morning! And don't expect them to be very welcoming. ;) 

And please think about your situation in principle – coming to Germany with no proper preparation, no german and (presumably) no qualification that is in demand on the job market was not the best idea, sorry. 

14 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

coming to Germany with no proper preparation, no german and (presumably) no qualification that is in demand on the job market was not the best idea, sorry. 

Well, you are talking to a German National. Do not forget that. He is German Citizen by jus sanguinis. You on the other hand, are a random Middle Eastern origin blue card holder.

"coming to Germany with no proper preparation, no german and (presumably) no qualification that is in demand on the job market was not the best idea, sorry". - That's polar opposite to your usual stand regarding your Middle Eastern cousins who are basically persona-non-grata.

1 hour ago, Colombo1989 said:

Hey there guys,

Let me explain this as accurately as possible and why it's a bit complicated. I am German citizen (that means that I do have a german passport), however, I do not speak German. Why ? My grandfather was german, and through him, I got my citizenship, but I was born in another country.

For this reason, I would like to start learning a little bit more which benefits or help I'm entitled too. From housing subsidy as for money to sustain myself. I am, at the moment, completely ignorant in this subject, so if anyone has a situation like this and could help/explain me what steps I should follow, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Evening, Colombo! I´m going to presume you are not health insured in the German system! You have to be insured, though, as I presume (hope?) you have registered your presence in Germany. 

As a " new " German ie a German who has never lived in Germany till now - you CAN apply for voluntary membership of German public health insurance at the lowest rate of c 170 euros a month. Walk into a local  health insurance office eg Techniker, take your German passport, registration proof  and quote Paragraf 13!

DO IT.

PS: if you don´t get health insured now but do later by becoming an employee..the system will come to haunt you anyway and demand backpayments for the time you were not insured! So why be uninsured without health protection and have to pay later for the time you weren´t insured?:P

5 minutes ago, rohit_2543 said:

Well, you are talking to a German National.

As am I. :)

5 minutes ago, rohit_2543 said:

Do not forget that. He is German Citizen by jus sanguinis. You on the other hand, are a random Middle Eastern origin blue card holder.

Hopes the indian hate monger, looking for trouble. Go back into your cave.

3 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

Hopes the indian hate monger, looking for trouble. Go back into your cave.

Not before I school you, which I did. The effect is visible. Ouch..

Just now, rohit_2543 said:

Not before I school you, which I did. The effect is visible. Ouch..

"Well, you are talking to a German National. Do not forget that."

@ Rohit and Someone, pleaxse stop it! The OP came here for advice and the two of you are just stirring up dirt from previous battles!!!

@ Colombo - go to the welfare office first thing on Monday, and see what they can do for you - as has been mentioned, you are not likely to be welcomed with open arms, but if you do ot go, you will probably never find out what or if you are entitled to anything.

Please post back on here if you do get some help, as it might be useful for others to know.

2 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

@ Rohit and Someone, pleaxse stop it! The OP came here for advice and the two of you are just stirring up dirt from previous battles!!!

Actually I gave him advice and I didn't call for that notorious offender to spread his xenophobe hatred here, so ...

19 minutes ago, rohit_2543 said:

Well, you are talking to a German National. Do not forget that. He is German Citizen by jus sanguinis.

I understand, that Mein Kampf is a bestseller in India, but history is a bit more complicated than in this book, okay? We all know who fled to South America to avoid persecution by Allied forces, so we know, whom we are talking to, okay?

Colombo1989, sorry, no offense, it's our internal TT discussion about things.

1 hour ago, Colombo1989 said:

As was written, contact Job Center (Agentur für Arbeit) in your area. They will thankfully give advice about all your options.

You will be forced to learn German once you receive help from the government, although I think you would like to anyway. They will, however, pay for the cheapest courses at the Volkshochschule. You won't learn a lot there, but this is a good start.

Just now, robinson100 said:

Someone - it takes two to tango.

Stay cool – I'm not going to dance with that thing, it's friday evening so I have better things to do. :) 

4 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

I understand, that Mein Kampf is a bestseller in India, but history is a bit more complicated than in this book, okay? We all know who fled to South America to avoid persecution by Allied forces, so we know, whom we are talking to, okay?

Colombo1989, sorry, no offense, it's our internal TT discussion about things.

As was written, contact Job Center (Agentur für Arbeit) in your area. They will thankfully give advice about all your options.

You will be forced to learn German once you receive help from the government, although I think you would like to anyway. They will, however, pay for the cheapest courses at the Volkshochschule. You won't learn a lot there, but this is a good start.

Maybe also be a bit more sensitive, yourkeau...your post suggests Colombo´s grandfather was a Nazi who fled to South America after the War...that is possible but not necessarily true. 

5 minutes ago, john g. said:

Maybe also be a bit more sensitive, yourkeau...your post suggests Colombo´s grandfather was a Nazi who fled to South America after the War...that is possible but not necessarily true. 

I do not suggest anything...

My teacher of German was a daughter of Wehrmacht POW. She told that us, and told how life of German children looked in post war Russia. Not a fairy tail, as you can imagine. She was the nicest person I ever met here. There is nothing bad in being a descendant of Wehrmacht or SS officer. After all, many Germans are. 

16 minutes ago, rohit_2543 said:

Not ethnic German !! Try harder to camouflage. 

And South American with German ancestry is more entitled to benefits than a Middle Eastern riff raff like you. 

Bullshit. German citizens have the same rights regardless of their ancestry.

There are ethnic Germans who have a bit more, these are people you hate, refugees. Refugee Germans are those who born in the territory of German Empire with the borders of 1937, now parts of Poland and Czech republic. They as refugees have additional right to keep the citizenship of their country of birth together with the German citizenship. That's it.

1 minute ago, yourkeau said:

Bullshit. German citizens have the same rights regardless of their ancestry.

There are ethnic Germans who have a bit more, these are people you hate, refugees. Refugee Germans are those who born in the territory of German Empire with the borders of 1937, now parts of Poland and Czech republic. They as refugees have additional right to keep the citizenship of their country of birth together with the German citizenship. That's it.

So you support status-quo when it serves your purpose. And it's existence by itself proves its correctness. 

And wants to change it whenever it doesn't. Jus sanguinis Citizenship is there for the very reason of recognising ethnic kinship.

In Gulf Nation you cannot get citizenship even after spending entire life there. Somehow they do not need your moral sermon !!

New member posts,within one hour the shit has hit the fan :( ,the " is Toytown dying " thread has been closed,what has happened to Toytown???

10 minutes ago, rohit_2543 said:

So you support status-quo when it serves your purpose. And it's existence by itself proves its correctness. 

And wants to change it whenever it doesn't. Jus sanguinis Citizenship is there for the very reason of recognising ethnic kinship.

In Gulf Nation you cannot get citizenship even after spending entire life there. Somehow they do not need your moral sermon !!

I do not understand a word. What is your point?

Jus sanguinis is not about recognizing ethnicity. Wrong! It is a principle where citizenship right is given to ancestors of German citizens regardless of their ethnicity. You have no idea, who OP's grandfather was. He could have been ethnic Italian or ethnic French, but he had German citizenship, so OP is German and not French.

The only exception to this principle is Federal Refugee Law about German refugees I wrote before. This law is indeed about ethnicity, so Volga Russian Germans are covered by it.

"Jus sanguinis (Latin: right of blood) is a principle of nationality law by which citizenship is not determined by place of birth but by having one or both parents who are citizens of the state. "

8 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

It is a principle where citizenship right is given to ancestors of German citizens regardless of their ethnicity.

... is hence fundamentally wrong. 

You need to look up the difference between ancestor and descendant :)

I want to thank you all for replying. In first place, I AM INSURED. I'm publicly insured and I am also registered. I didn't come here as a bum.

1 hour ago, someonesdaughter said:

And please think about your situation in principle – coming to Germany with no proper preparation, no german and (presumably) no qualification that is in demand on the job market was not the best idea, sorry. 

Don't presume I'm not prepared. The fact that I don't speak German, doesn't mean I'm not qualified. I am more than qualified, I don't know what generation you are in, but my generation there's a lot a competition for a job. I've had dozens of interviews, but haven't yet found a job.

1 hour ago, robinson100 said:

@ Colombo - go to the welfare office first thing on Monday, and see what they can do for you - as has been mentioned, you are not likely to be welcomed with open arms, but if you do ot go, you will probably never find out what or if you are entitled to anything.

Please post back on here if you do get some help, as it might be useful for others to know.

Thanks, will do.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Evening, Colombo! I´m going to presume you are not health insured in the German system! You have to be insured, though, as I presume (hope?) you have registered your presence in Germany. 

As a " new " German ie a German who has never lived in Germany till now - you CAN apply for voluntary membership of German public health insurance at the lowest rate of c 170 euros a month. Walk into a local  health insurance office eg Techniker, take your German passport, registration proof  and quote Paragraf 13!

DO IT.

PS: if you don´t get health insured now but do later by becoming an employee..the system will come to haunt you anyway and demand backpayments for the time you were not insured! So why be uninsured without health protection and have to pay later for the time you weren´t insured?:P

Thanks, I am actually insured with TK and been paying regularly as I need. 

Bottom line, I am a qualified experienced worker, which came here not to take advantage of the government, and have been using my savings while I find a job. However, I'm running out of money and I would like to know, what I'm entitled to, which are my rights as a German.

Is the situation uncomfortable? YES! of course it is because I don't speak German. However, I'd be glad if you guys could offer me alternatives and solutions. 

And keep the racist comments to other posts, thanks