Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Auto Insurance - Transferring SF-Rabatte

5 posts in this topic

During the past 4.5 years I was lucky enough to have a company car that was permissible for private use.  Insurance, auto repairs, gas etc. were all taken care of by my employer.  However since I am changing employers I will not have a company car any more so I have decided to purchase one for personal use.

The thing is that during my stay with the company I have driven 90,000 - 100,000 km accident free.  I thought this would give me a discount for private car insurance but my employer is unable to tell me which Schadenfreitheitsklasse I belong to.  The reasoning is:

"Alle Dienstwagen sind per Stückprämie über einen Rahmenvertrag versichert. Dieser Rahmenvertrag ist gemeinsam.  Da somit keine SF-Rabatte geführt werden, koennen diese nicht übertragen werden."

In other words upon searching for car insurance I am required to pay premiums as if I was never insured.  This doesn't sound right to me.  Is there any way I can find my Schadenfreitheitsklasse?  I'm looking on check24.de for car insurance and I am required to enter this information.

28 minutes ago, J0ker said:

In other words upon searching for car insurance I am required to pay premiums as if I was never insured.  This doesn't sound right to me.  Is there any way I can find my Schadenfreitheitsklasse?  I'm looking on check24.de for car insurance and I am required to enter this information.

Your Schadenfreiheitsklasse as a beginner is SF 0 and technically you are a beginner when you had no car insurance contract before – if you want to use check24.de you don't have any other option than to use this. Most insurance companies will anyway give SF 1/2 to you when they see that your driving license is older than 3 years. 

It could be useful to contact an independent (!) Versicherungsmakler to get quotes from insurances that are known to be more kulant in such cases. Do you have other insurances with a company that also offers KFZ-Versicherungen? Then try to get a quote from them directly. Would your soon to be former employer give you a letter that says you are unfallfrei for x years? Another possible workaround: is there a spouse with a car? Then you could insure your car as a Zweitwagen. 

On 3/26/2017, 2:28:33, someonesdaughter said:

Your Schadenfreiheitsklasse as a beginner is SF 0 and technically you are a beginner when you had no car insurance contract before – if you want to use check24.de you don't have any other option than to use this. Most insurance companies will anyway give SF 1/2 to you when they see that your driving license is older than 3 years. 

It could be useful to contact an independent (!) Versicherungsmakler to get quotes from insurances that are known to be more kulant in such cases. Do you have other insurances with a company that also offers KFZ-Versicherungen? Then try to get a quote from them directly. Would your soon to be former employer give you a letter that says you are unfallfrei for x years? Another possible workaround: is there a spouse with a car? Then you could insure your car as a Zweitwagen. 

If i sell my car, and wait several months until buying a new one, do i lose my SF Klasse? How much time do i have before losing the actual SF?

27 minutes ago, TurMech said:

If i sell my car, and wait several months until buying a new one, do i lose my SF Klasse? How much time do i have before losing the actual SF?

7 years.