Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Travel company Insolvency, double payment

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have booked a package from an online travel company and due to an accounting mistake, I have paid twice for the same package.

First payment was supposed to be deducted my from account. Next day i got an email to transfer as they could not deduct the amount. I called them and asked whether it is a real email and then transferred the amount.

Second payment was deducted from my account after 2 days.

After this happened i called them and informed them about the issue, they agreed and said they will Forward to their Buchlatung, and informed me that the issue will be resolved in 2-3 weeks.

In the mean time the company filed for Bankruptcy and no one answers my issue. I am not much concerned about one payment, but the second payment hurts me.

Does anyone know whom to contact in such cases.

1. Lawyer ( I don't have any rechtschutz Versicherung)

2. verbrauchzentrale

3. ???

Thanks

ML

I would make another attempt at contacting the company, then wait at least another week.  In Germany, these type of issues can take a while to sort out.  If still no answer,  I strongly advise contacting a Lawyer.  Good Luck!

Ask your bank to reverse the Lastschrift. This should always work within 8 weeks of the transfer. In some cases the deadline extends.

@sneaker: unfortunately this happened more than 6 months ago. So reverse Lastschrift does not work. I thought about bank option too late.

You allowed a double payment to go 6 months?

I guess they appreciated the extra cash if they were in trouble and hence told you Buchhaltung would sort it out.

In general better to reverse the Lastschrift then trust waiting on Buchhaltung. Makes said Buchhaltung simpler too.