Good Gyms Combining Exercise/Kickboxing or Jujitsu Training

2 posts in this topic

As a disclaimer, I did use the search box, and the results were either 8 years old, or didn't address my specific needs. Thanks.

I'm relatively new to Berlin, and I'm moving to Mitte (specifically, S. Wedding) in a few weeks and would like to find a gym that ideally offers training in Muay Thai and/or Jujitsu as well as the traditional weightlifting/exercise equipment. I have enough experience with weightlifting regimen that I don't necessarily need a personal trainer for that (though I'm very interested in learning about kettlebell training, which I don't know much about) but I know nothing about kickboxing or jujitsu. I'm a total beginner. I'd like to include kickboxing and/or jujitsu into my exercise routine for both the fitness and self-defense aspects. I know that a lot of gyms offer kickboxing-like (or other martial arts) classes in the form of low-impact activities that are meant to offer fitness only. I'm not interested in anything like that. I'd like practical classes and trainers that offer real training.  

Again, I'm especially interested in gyms in or as near to where I will be living as possible.

If no such training/gym combination exists, recommendations for traditional gym only facilities and kickboxing and jujitsu focused studios is also welcome.

Thanks.

I can't be of much help, because I don't know of any gyms with Muy Thai or jujitsu training, but I would recommend checking out FitX as a basic gym.  FitX has multiple sites in Berlin, is open 24/7, and costs 15 euro per month (including free water and showers, unlike some Berlin gyms).  

I like FitX much better than my previous gym, which was much more expensive.  With the money you're saving on gym fees, maybe you can attend specialized studios for the other activities.