Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bavaria on edge

55 posts in this topic

O-m-g sine 2012 I thought Pandamunich was a man.

le gasp.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are way more than 2 smart people on TT, I just wrote these two as an example of people whose opinion I would appreciate. If smart people of TT write that what I do here is total disaster then indeed I will think about my postings twice. So far this has not happened.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, vmelchers said:

O-m-g sine 2012 I thought Pandamunich was a man.

le gasp.

 

 

You dont mean "pandalad6" do you?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SpiderPig said:

ou dont mean "pandalad6" do you?

 

No. But this has forced me to acknowledge my gender bias towards Pandas as animals. I subconsciously think of them as a masculine specie.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Ignore quote plss

 

 

6 minutes ago, vmelchers said:

No. But this has forced me to acknowledge my gender bias towards Pandas as animals. I subconsciously think of them as a masculine specie.

 

Well, Pandas do reproduce sexually. So it doesn't matter if you think of them as a masculine or a feminine species. ;)

 

Just a correction in your post:

 

Screenshot_20170316-220744~01.png

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son's school is on the second one of these since he started in August last year.  The first was real (bloke running around with a knife) and the one a couple of weeks back was a bomb scare. Never thought to post it on TT - mostly during the last one, we were both a bit peeved since he was shut in the gym of the next school down the road, I had a piece of his artwork for a competition due in that day to a different school, needing signed by his teacher - clearly never going to happen on account of all the roads being closed and lots of police faddling about doing what they do...

 

Neither incident involved any actual injury. Knife guy was apprehended due to quick thinking kid, member of staff and police getting there very fast .I must say the teachers dealt with it all brilliantly both times. I remember being a new teacher when the kids and teacher died in Dunblane, and wondering what you would do, how best to keep the kids safe, etc. It is not always easy to come up with a good plan, but these guys certainly have it thought through, with coded announcements etc. Same school had a bomb scare about the same time last year too.

 

Our Grundschule also had a threatened amoklauf when 2 of my kids were there. I didn't discover until about 2 years after the event that my daughter was the one who discovered the message on the table tennis table threatening to kill all the kids at 10:00 next Tuesday, or however it was written. If I had known at the time...I dunno...she makes stuff up...as it was they had the full police thing, kids locked in rooms etc. 

 

Glad that yours wasn't the real works, Jeremy, and that the kids are OK.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jeremy said:

the German SAS

 

AFAIK the German equivalent of the SAS is the GSG9

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Uncle Nick said:

 

AFAIK the German equivalent of the SAS is the GSG9

To be pedantic, KSK.

 

I think, jeremy meant SWAT equivalent or something.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Uncle Nick said:

 

AFAIK the German equivalent of the SAS is the GSG9

 

25 minutes ago, Uncle Nick said:

There was a new division in the Bundespolizei being trained under the GSG9, so that the latter is not wasted on relatively smaller issues. So one could just think they were the GSG9 at the first glance, methinks. Or one could just keep nitpicking and mocking at a parent who was just concerned about the safety of their kid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

http://www.nordbayerischer-kurier.de/nachrichten/neue-einheit-gegen-den-terror_538723

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Uncle Nick said:

 

AFAIK the German equivalent of the SAS is the GSG9

So you are saying that the Southern All Stars are the Genealogical Speakers Guild division 9? I just checked abbreviations.com

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Erdmann said:

 

There was a new division in the Bundespolizei being trained under the GSG9, so that the latter is not wasted on relatively smaller issues. So one could just think they were the GSG9 at the first glance, methinks. Or one could just keep nitpicking and mocking at a parent who was just concerned about the safety of their kid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

http://www.nordbayerischer-kurier.de/nachrichten/neue-einheit-gegen-den-terror_538723

 

No, that couldn't have been GSG9, that was SEK or MEK. And they are not „worse“, their authority is just limited to Bavaria, while GSG9 is active federal wide. During the last terror Amoklauf in Munich all possible special forces were invited, including GSG9, SEK of Bavaria and BW, and Austrian Kobra.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

So you are saying that the Southern All Stars are the Genealogical Speakers Guild division 9? I just checked abbreviations.com

Actually real abbreviation is meaningless today: GSG9 = Border Protection Group 9. It has nothing to do with either boder protection, nor with being 9th, but back then it was a part of Federal Border Protection (BGS), which had 8 police groups, so this was the 9th. BGS doesn't exist anymore while GSG9 still is...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

No, that couldn't have been GSG9, 

 

Hey, I know you love the line "I'm always right", but take some time to read what I wrote, thank you.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the video clip in Jeremy's second link I was surprised to see that amongst the black body armoured bunch, one lot of whoever-they-were had their kevlar vests etc on their top halves, but jeans underneath. Which looked a bit as though they had a group doing a Praktikum along with them....funny in an inappropriate kind of a way. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kiplette said:

Glad that yours wasn't the real works, Jeremy, and that the kids are OK.

 

 

Thank you for your story Kiplette. I didn't realise you were a teacher after Dunblane. As you drive to the school absolutely everything runs through your mind. It was tbh terrifying. Today we're having a lazy nonsense day. Last night we postponed our "Fastenzeit" and I made Pizza Hawaii. Seems to be getting pushed back all the time at the moment! :)

 

There are more pics now here:

 

https://www.merkur.de/lokales/region-holzkirchen/holzkirchen-ort28831/polizei-riegelt-gymnasium-holzkirchen-ab-7789734.html

 

I am on pic 39 of 50. Look for the nob in the black hat behind the police car suffering from flu! :)

 

8 hours ago, yourkeau said:

To be pedantic, KSK.

 

 

7 hours ago, Erdmann said:

Or one could just keep nitpicking and mocking at a parent who was just concerned about the safety of their kid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

7 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

 

So you are saying that the Southern All Stars are the Genealogical Speakers Guild division 9? I just checked abbreviations.com

 

 

@erdmann thanks. I think my hair is now free of nits this morning. 

 

Practically every bit and byte I share on this forum is governed by my instincts as a parent, and nothing else. I pray noone on the R threads ever picks me out as narrow minded, as I have worked a load with other nationalities, bantering and teasing their lands as much as they did mine, with zero hurt. I'm only worried for my kids' welfare, that is 100% of it.

 

@luke - when I was working for the US Army they LOVED acronyms. ASAP NLT COB Friday means the deadline is asap of course, no later than close of business Friday!

 

7 hours ago, yourkeau said:

No, that couldn't have been GSG9, that was SEK or MEK. And they are not „worse“, their authority is just limited to Bavaria, while GSG9 is active federal wide. During the last terror Amoklauf in Munich all possible special forces were invited, including GSG9, SEK of Bavaria and BW, and Austrian Kobra.

2

 

That's interesting Yourkeau. You seem to know your stuff. So is it true that the British SAS trained the GSG9?

 

34 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Watching the video clip in Jeremy's second link I was surprised to see that amongst the black body armoured bunch, one lot of whoever-they-were had their kevlar vests etc on their top halves, but jeans underneath. Which looked a bit as though they had a group doing a Praktikum along with them...funny in an inappropriate kind of a way. 

 

 

Yup kip there turned up guys in jeans with kevlar jackets on. My guess is they were off duty called in and had no time to get dressed. 

 

I haven't shared a howler of mine yet. The phone went at 2pm and I'd just been in the shower. I dashed to the school, half sceptical thinking it was a schoolmate's nonsense and when the blue lights were everywhere my heart leapt. 

 

After we all started to wind down a lady called me over, and quietly said "Ihre Hose ist offen". Without thinking I blurted out "The cage is open but the beast is asleep". A guy nearby got the joke and laughed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As it was a False alrm... who is going to pay for the cost of it all?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

As it was a False alrm... who is going to pay for the cost of it all?

 

Piggy I am actually glad we had a trial. I now know what to do. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0