Politics Gen XYZ

3,809 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Erdmann said:

Nope, perfectly okay. Every president has used the privilege some or the other way.

Evidence?

6 minutes ago, Erdmann said:

Wonder how much hospital bills the country has saved by not electing Hillary. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure she has her insurance sorted. Or is the US President usually on Medicare?

44 minutes ago, clickety6 said:

You'll need to give a few more details than that. What was his stated position before the campaign? How did that change? The coal companies were not happy with Obama's "War on Coal" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_coal). Are you saying he suddenly became a coal supporter after he was elected, as I can't find evidence of such a complete shift. Not of his supporters turning a blind eye to his sudden love of coal-fired plants.

He sent out that flyer as part of a mail campaign in May, 2008.   His position evolved to oppose coal and to complete gut the coal industry.   Whether his supporters and i agree on "clean coal" or not, they would not hold him responsible for his position.    You can google the slogan on the flyer to get more detailed information if necessary.  

You may notice that Hillary Clinton was a huge proponent of fracking going as far as trying to promote the technology abroad while she was Sec of State.    It is a position that simply does not stick to her.    

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/23/hillary-clinton-fracking/

44 minutes ago, clickety6 said:

not all Obama supporters were for his position, as you asserted at the top of the post. 

My point was that they never held him accountable for that position regardless of their opinion.     

Trump is vulgar and grotesque, but he is not the cause of all the world's problems and laying everything at his feet is simply childish.  

I guess we are now seeing the pendulum swing to Obama Derangement Syndrome (where it has been since 2009).

I would not consider Obama deranged.    His disciples' failure to criticize his policies did a lot of harm to the US and the world over the course of his years in office though. 

7 minutes ago, SA618 said:

I would not consider Obama deranged.    His disciples' failure to criticize his policies did a lot of harm to the US and the world over the course of his years in office though. 

Not much of a reader, Sa618?

You're chiding me for NOT reading Charles Krauthammer?   :lol:

Bannon is getting his wings clipped a bit.

@Erdmann, meet Emrullah Turanlı, the first businessman from Turkey to meet Trump. I guess this is one of those "visits" where the US citizens pay for extras? This is a construction baron (?) who rose to influence during AKP. He owns a company so very close to AKP. Also invited to a special dinner in Miami Palm Beach after Trump was elected. Here he is with Ronna Romney. If you like, I can share the merry Trump photos as well. There was also the Governor of Florida. In this meeting, obviously they did not only share cuddles but left with positive messages about future business. I know you often complain about the red guys in Germany as "fascists" or call Erdoğan many harsh things. But apart from the discourses you get to hear, Trump and Turkish conservative business world - who are also the financial locomotive of AKP-led growth- are pretty good friends actually. And those youth that people may tend to look down on sometimes, call them "fascists" etc  are seeing this reality. These are the role models. And of course when you shout "dictatorship", that doesn't resonate much in anyone here, and how could it? Like, obviously the American President would not associate with "dictatorship" cadres financially. 

Same for what you deem religious tones. What are republicans doing hugging these people if they are so bad? (That short moustache is AKP moustache if you are interested.)  So, obviously this means growth internationally etc. Issues like freedom of speech are considered independently of the economic aspect and international power. And obviously they are connected. But that side is much stronger in tone than the lefties you see here. They defends things like immunity of MPs who visit funerals of suicide bombers if you like. But for those freedom of speech people here, Trump is not a good choice, either.  

This is what people like Erdoğan for, photos of captains of industry with the American president in Miami, or Ronna or whomever. This means power in Turkey and yes, it is, actually. That's why I tend to avoid criticizing that youth with harsh and emotionally challenged words, because if people are voting for the American side of this friendship with all their education, their culture of democracy and everything, Turks will obviously vote for the Turkish side. If Trump's Eric can come here for a holiday to hunt to relax a bit before elections, you can't convince Turkish people that this is a "dictatorship". Or something that will go to doors of Vienna, or become very very Islamic. Ronna is on their side. They want to be part of this. How can we judge them morally when we allow ourselves the right to enjoy the gains of these things? 

06-ertugrul-7

58 minutes ago, SA618 said:

Great to hear this pointed out... did you watch the press conference with Trump & King of Jordan that just wrapped up? Obama's abject failures "line in the sand" and telegraphing our combat plans for the advance on Mosul were discussed. These failures have emboldened Assad/ISIS, exacerbated the refugee crises. As Abdullah mentioned, it will take much time, cooperation and and coordinated efforts of the Arab states to turn the tide. It was especially encouraging to hear efforts are  being made to broker peace between Isreal/Palestine.

14 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Show me another president... etc etc etc

I would call all this un-presidented.

Fracking is the Devil. Pumping thousands of gallons of dangerous chemicals into the ground in order to extract gas. What could possibly go wrong?

I've watched a few docus on fracking and it is horrific.

Just wanted to throw that in. 

Just now, Erdmann said:

Putintoaseriousconversation.jpg

"Putintoaseriousconversation", huh? That's deep.

Does the threadshitting you get from Breitbart come with easy-to-use instructions now, so even the most retarded derpers can use them?

Except you, apparently.

Since this was deleted from the "what made you laugh", here I'll post it again. Will it be deleted again?

I call the mix "Mon Shari-a".

People-finally-cracking-down-on-terrible-remixes.jpg