Politics Gen XYZ

3,976 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

What a disgusting and sniveling comparison.

If you say so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, clickety6 said:

I don't think it's compulsory to have a criminal record if you want to be a Republican. It's an asset, but it's not compulsory...  ;-)  

Cool :)

http://m.ranker.com/list/corrupt-democrats/lstone

5 hours ago, Erdmann said:

Being a conservative in Hollywood is like being a Jew in 1930's Germany.

Tim Allen is comedian and has had a criminal record (for the ones who want to dig his past and try to discredit him :)).

Tim Allen: (verbatim) I'm not kidding.You gotta be careful around here. If you don't believe what everybody else believes it's like '30s Germany. I don't know what happened. If you're not part of the group [air-quotes]''If you don't believe what we believe''[/air-quotes] Well, I'm a comedian. I might have a problem with that.

Erdmann's interpretation:  Being a conservative in Hollywood is like being a Jew in 1930's Germany.

Even though I am averse to considering the opinions of so-called celebrities obsessed by their own limited sphere of orbit to have much importance something tells me that Tim Allen would be disappointed if not horrified and disgusted to have his apparently considered comment misinterpreted so deliberately. Tagging his comment with a racist slant merely demonstrates Erdmann's absolute ignorance of the historic realities of '30s Germany.

OTOH if I were a member of the so-called generation XYZ I would also be disapppointed, horrified and disgusted to imagine that anyone would be deliberately ignoring the incalculable variety of viewpoints held by ~ XX? million+ US (X billion+ World) people in order to tag them with whatever simplistic and wildly exaggerated slant suited their own adolescent agenda.

Erdmann, if this thread is, as your OP suggested,  intended to be an alternative location for pro- and anti-Trump humour perhaps you should set an example by posting something containing actual humour involving pro- or anti-Trump content. See your last 2 posts for examples of no humour and no humour or Trump respectively.

Otherwise I might find it very hard to avoid getting the impression that you have opened it as no more than a virtual public extension to your personal intellectual shit-house.

2B

To win your impression was never my target. So you might want to check your privilege of considering yourself someone "so important" that I need to impress you with my posts. :)

If you do not like my posts, you can very well contest my opinions (actually his opinions) with valuable arguments (or just ignore, heh?) Your above post was nothing more that "that's shocking, disgusting to compare..Blah blah", with nothing intellectual to offer from your side in the first place.

If not, welcome to the "that's Racist, sexist, misogynist, xenophobic, white privilege" shouting group. :)

-- Lawyers for former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. have convinced federal officials that his bipolar disorder was "caused" by the stress of being a congressman and thus that he is entitled to "total disability" worker compensation for an "on-the-job" injury -- and thus to about $100,000 a year, tax-free, according to a February Chicago Tribune report. (Jackson, 51, also receives Social Security disability payments.) Lawyers said his disorder (often attributed to genetic factors) surfaced during an investigation into Jackson's looting of his campaign treasury for luxury goods and vacations (charges eventually settled with a guilty plea). Jackson dated his onset to June 2012, meaning that his last 72 House votes came while "totally" disabled. [Chicago Tribune, 2-23-2017]

It's fun watching the agenda based reporters, who are supposed to be supporting the fourth pillar of democracy, getting schooled (I mean spiced). :lol:

2 hours ago, Erdmann said:

The current reaction from the media about Nunes' report. :lol:

But-what-about-the-leakers.jpg

Funny. I would have said that this represented the Trump administration's "look over there" attitude about the leaks of information (alarm) as opposed to the fire that is their Russian connection problem.