Politics Gen XYZ

5,089 posts in this topic

Richard Spencer declares himself a moderate

So I obtained Spencer’s phone number from a fellow reporter and asked him myself if this was indeed his Bumble profile. “Yes, that is I,” he responded.

“I’d appreciate your respecting my privacy. This is obviously not newsworthy. I’m simply living my life,” he texted me.

Okay, that would be a fair point if the dater in question were not a literal white supremacist leader accused of physically abusing his ex-wife, and masquerading as a random “moderate” skier who’s into electronic music on Bumble. So I said as much to him—that I thought he was being “deceptive”—and here’s what he responded: (see photo of text exchange)

Spencer went on to tell me that “life experience” and “intellectual rethinking” have caused him to reconsider the white nationalist views that he “embraced earlier in life.” To reiterate, this man coined the term “alt-right.” The Southern Poverty Law Center calls him “a kind of professional racist in khakis.” He was also notably punched in the face while wearing a Pepe the Frog pin in 2017.

“If you’re on a path that leads nowhere, you have to rethink things,” he told me.

When I told Spencer that I planned on publishing this conversation, because I believe it to be very valuable to the public, especially anyone around Dallas who might stumble upon this particular dating profile, he stopped responding.

5204530168319e9e1c47ad4a9571b9ab.jpg

gallery-1485447809-slack-imgs.jpg

62a9a5b8cc7bf_rwandascumbags.jpg.f1927f8

Fortunately the European Court of Human Rights declared the actual Rwanda flight illegal so it was grounded

Another huge waste of taxpayers' money

34 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

62a9a5b8cc7bf_rwandascumbags.jpg.f1927f8

Fortunately the European Court of Human Rights declared the actual Rwanda flight illegal so it was grounded

Another huge waste of taxpayers' money

And the UK is a founding member of the European Court of Human Rights, they should have known better!

The government remains committed to sending asylum seekers from the UK to Rwanda and plans for future flights have begun, Priti Patel has told MPs.

"We will not be deterred from doing the right thing," the home secretary said.

I have to assume the "right" she is referring to is right wing politics since it can't be "right" as in legally correct since it has been declared illegal.:(

14 hours ago, keith2011 said:

I have to assume the "right" she is referring to is right wing politics since it can't be "right" as in legally correct since it has been declared illegal.:(

Priti Patel should be declared illegal and stuck on a flight to Rwanda...

I don't understand why they don't welcome the asylum seekers (well sort of)  and find them useful jobs contributing to society by paying NI and taxes then after 50 years deny them and their children any benefits and NHS and deport them. The "Windrush" solution I think its called!:o