Politics Gen XYZ

4,597 posts in this topic

I had trouble accessing and reading that link.

All I want to know is what about the cannabis for adults and how controlled will it be? It was mentioned earlier that it would be recreational use. 

All three white men charged in the death of Ahmaud Arbery were convicted of murder Wednesday in the fatal shooting that became part of a larger national reckoning on racial injustice.

The convictions for Greg McMichael, son Travis McMichael and neighbor William “Roddie” Bryan came after jurors deliberated for about 10 hours. The men face minimum sentences of life in prison. It is up to the judge to decide whether that comes with or without the possibility of parole.

More dumbassery -

Former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows may have undermined his own argument for not testifying to the January 6 committee about his interactions with Donald Trump during the Capitol riot because he writes about it in his new book, Rep. Adam Schiff told Politico.

Meadows has this week started to partly cooperate with the committee, providing information and setting a date to testify to the panel. But his lawyer has argued that the scope of what he can discuss is restricted by executive-privilege rules, which ensure a president can discuss issues with advisors and officials confidentially.

But Schiff, a California Democrat and a member of the January 6 committee, said that by describing his interactions with Trump on January 6 in his new memoir, Meadows may have done serious damage to that argument.

"It's … very possible that by discussing the events of Jan. 6 in his book, if he does that, he's waiving any claim of privilege. So, it'd be very difficult for him to maintain 'I can't speak about events to you, but I can speak about them in my book,'" Schiff told Politico.

In excerpts of his memoir, published by The Guardian this week, Meadows described Trump's somber mood as he went to address supporters at the January 6 rally that preceded the Capitol riot.

Meadows initially refused to comply with a subpoena from the January 6 committee, and the panel weighed holding him in criminal contempt. However, earlier this week Meadows began supplying emails and other information and agreed to testify next week.

The committee is likely to use excerpts from Meadows' book to challenge his claim that he can't discuss his knowledge of Trump's behavior during the riot, one of the key focuses of the inquiry.

here

MTG is at it again-

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has been mocked after she criticized COVID-19 restrictions and said that "not a single school has closed" because of cancer.

"Every single year more than 600,000 people in the US die from cancer. The country has never once shut down. Not a single school has closed. And every year, over 600,000 people, of all ages and all races will continue to die from cancer," Greene wrote on Twitter on Saturday.

"Since #COVID19 tracking has started, 780,000+ people have died in 22 mo in the US, but more than 1 million still died of cancer," she said.

here

Trump's double negative failure- 

“Anybody that doesn’t think there wasn’t massive Election Fraud in the 2020 Presidential Election is either very stupid, or very corrupt!” Trump said ...

comments here

Best one - "Stupid isn't as stupid doesn't."

Meanwhile, in Washington -

In a pointed rebuke to one of the United States’ oldest allies in the Middle East, the City Council in Washington, D.C., has passed a bill renaming the street in front of the Saudi Embassy after slain journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

But another major motivation, said supporters, is that the renaming of the block in front of the embassy “Jamal Khashoggi Way” will serve to permanently shame and embarrass Saudi diplomats — and all who visit them — for a government-ordered assassination whose architects have still gone unpunished.

more

I guess they'll also have to put their new address on their letter heads, business cards, etc.

Cool.