Politics Gen XYZ

4,486 posts in this topic

Married to all whom I love and vice versa, balticus! That includes dogs, cats and even creepy crawlies if they leave me alone.

Boris - I actually like wild hair but he could tuck his shirt in from time to time.

The Queen has lived through all the political charlatans in her life and is classy. I'm not a raving monarchist but prefer her to most politicians as a Head of State. Maybe also because she has been around all our lives  and longer. The Devil you know..😂
3 and 4- ok, fair enough!
Merkel- probably doesn't care anymore but if she were looking for a new love in her life- she might need a style consultant. Bit like a mate of mine in Hamburg, mid-60s, frischverliebt but he's 120 kilos ... she isn't and not impressed.. and he has to stop raiding the fridge at midnight😂.

39 minutes ago, john g. said:

Bit like a mate of mine in Hamburg, mid-60s, frischverliebt but he's 120 kilos ... she isn't and not impressed.. and he has to stop raiding the fridge at midnight😂.

If he loses a few kilos regularly and credits his motivation to his new found love interest, that has some pretty good upside not only for his love life, but also his health.    I wish him luck     💪🏻

I go for intelligence, substance  over style! I think  Angela looks fine for her age- and she seems very comfortable with her image.

What is important that we choose for ourselves, and not other's choice.

It takes only a little thought to post something trenchant as opposed to something insubstantial...and a little more thought to post nothing at all. 

Arkancide? 

The Speaker of the House of Commons has finally spoken up...

Lindsay Hoyle, speaker of the house, has rebuked Boris Johnson’s decision to hold a televised news conference about changes to the Covid roadmap timetable without informing MPs in the House of Commons first. Hoyle angrily called the actions “totally unacceptable” and accused the government of "running roughshod" over MPs.

The prime minister held a press conference at 6pm on Monday, where he announced a four week delay to the total easing of restrictions, now to be held on 19 July. Matt Hancock, health secretary, then proceeded to make a statement to MPs later at 8:30pm.

It was this order of events that frustrated the speaker of the house. Addressing MPs, he said: "Can I just say, we weren't going to get a statement until I got involved with Downing Street. The fact is this has been forced to actually get a statement today, it was going to be left to tomorrow, which would have been totally unacceptable.”

He continued: “The fact is - I understand the prime minister at the moment is on Nato, there is a big conference going on, he isn't here - that's why I insisted that somebody came to make this statement. The timing of it is 8.30pm. I thought that was better than waiting for the prime minister to make a statement tomorrow.

"This House needs to know, it needs to know first. I find it totally unacceptable that once again, once again, that we see Downing Street running roughshod over members of parliament. We're not accepting it and I'm at the stage where I'm beginning to look for other avenues if they're not going to treat this House seriously. 

“The prime minister should be here. I am sorry if his dinner would have been affected because I was told he was in Brussels. The nearest Brussels tonight were the sprouts on his dinner being served.”

Hoyle was responding to two points of order from two senior Conservative MPs, Peter Bone and Edward Leigh who also expressed their unhappiness around the handling of the announcement. 

Bring back John Bercow...

Has anyone seen and news/tweets about Ukraine being let in to NATO? 

I can see that causing some problems on the world stage and give all the closer Russian sympathisers a problem. 

Do they come out or continue to hide? 

2 hours ago, MUinEU said:

Has anyone seen and news/tweets about Ukraine being let in to NATO? 

I can see that causing some problems on the world stage and give all the closer Russian sympathisers a problem. 

Do they come out or continue to hide? 

Wow. While I would be all for it, I don't think that will be happening. .. Ukraine *may* have lost the Crimea because of previous Western leanings which upset Russia.

(Spare me the history of how the peninsula used to be Russian and was given to Ukraine yadda yadda. I already know all that.)

4 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

The Speaker of the House of Commons has finally spoken up...

Bring back John Bercow...

I ORDER ORDER Parliament to bring back John Bercow!😂

On 14/06/2021, 00:00:39, dessa_dangerous said:

Merkel's married, so little need for a "new love in her life," and almost certainly doesn't give a rat's ass what john g. from Toytown thinks about her appearance ;) I think she always looks very nicely put together.  I even like her little blazers in their calm autumn tones and she often wears some interesting jewelry, especially her necklaces of asymmetrical polished agate and the like.  I don't know how else you want her to look. She's a Head of State, one of the most powerful people on Earth, not a contestant on The Bachelor, hoping john g. from Toytown might think she looks good enough to take out for an ouzo and a slice of pizza.  For an almost 70-year-old woman with a terrifically arduous, complicated and difficult job she is doing quite all right IMO.  

She isn't the Head of State! Isn't it that geezer Steinmeier? 

And don't take my comments about her appearance THAT seriously! I was replying to somebody's comment about those politicians' looks! The same we all do eg Trump, that Boris geezer etc. Plenty of memes or whatever they are called on here!

I wouldn't buy her an ouzo here- Cretans would be offended! They do raki here!😂 ( Hate it, by the way!)

Your post is hilarious, though! Loved it!

So I thought about it and decided..hm.. " how can this nearly 69 year old make myself attractive to her the next time I meet her"?

So, today, was in town in Ierapetra and did the full McCoy! Haircut, beard trim , manicure and pedicure. To make myself even more " seriös ", I even paid my phone bill at the post office.

Fortunately, there wasn't a queue.

john, your statement was simply really sexist.  We're taking this terribly well-educated, accomplished, important, influential, powerful woman, a doctor of quantum fucking chemistry, who has achieved all these incredibly huge and impressive things, changed the course of history, helped to shape the modern free world and present day Europe, and your remark is, "well, she's not going to get a date looking like THAT:"

I know you're tired of me fussing at you, but honestly.  This kind of sexism isn't cute or funny.  Save it for your buddies.  I really hate to read it here.

Peace.

I'm not tired of you fussing at me, Dessa.  It is the hypocrisy that gets me ( not yours). Memes on the forum  about male politicians and their hair and their looks. Why not? We all take the piss out of Boris and Trump etc. No complaints there? None from me. 

I ( unsuccessfully ) try to do irony, sarcasm and been-there-done-it.

I am a smiling failure. 

And definitely peace❤️👍

And hopefully won't be shot at dawn in ten years' time for posting on here and someone reads this and is in power and orders his fascist goons to " cancel " me.

" john g. should be arrested because he once wrote something on an extinct forum and it was very naughty and he wasn't the Messiah."

The way it is going?

And I don't even do Twitter! Or Facebook...that's for old people😂

You were taking the piss out of the way she looked (fine) but linking it immediatly to her being unable to get laid.   With men (Johnson, Hollande, Trump, even John Major?) sure you mock the way they look, but you do not link it to their being unable to fuck someone.

Did I? Who mentioned getting laid? I didn't make any sexual innuendos and their fuckability.

I am sorry if you misinterpreted me. 

I wasn't even really taking the piss about how Merkel looked. Not that much.

It's not that important in the scheme of things.

On 13.6.2021, 20:10:16, john g. said:

Merkel- probably doesn't care anymore but if she were looking for a new love in her life- she might need a style consultant.

Um.    She probably does not care anymore.  But if she did she would need a makeover.  Oder?

Don't friends joke to you the same way? I have plenty of male and female friends who joke like that about each other. The clue: we are all way above 21 and can take the piss out of each other. 

When I went for a haircut, beard trim and manicure and pedicure today at the place my partner Nicole and I always go to, the women in there all said: " Mr John, we recommend this and you should do this and we have told you so often to use cream on your feet but you forget. You would look better."

Angry moi? No!! Why?

For Christ's sake. 

20 minutes ago, john g. said:

Don't friends joke to you the same way? I have plenty of male and female friends who joke like that about each other. The clue: we are all way above 21 and can take the piss out of each other. 

Well yes of course we take the piss out of each other.  Merkel is not your mate.   I do not remember you talking here about the sexiness/non sexiness of male politicians.  Perhaps we should start a thread.