Politics Gen XYZ

4,204 posts in this topic

Former Democratic Party leader Howard Dean ripped Republicans as racists, whack jobs and conspiracy theorists who embrace autocracy in the latest episode of The Daily Beast podcast “The New Abnormal.”

Dean, the former longtime Vermont governor who chaired the Democratic National Committee from 2005 to 2009, said the GOP mutated into something “unrecognizable” during Donald Trump’s presidency.

“I hate to call Republicans right-wing fascists because often they supported me, but this is unrecognizable,” Dean said. “They believe in autocracy, not democracy. They are racist. It’s just shocking what’s happened to the Republican Party.”

“You have a Republican Party, which emotionally, essentially are neo-fascist,” he continued. “They fundamentally do not believe that another legitimate point of view exists other than theirs.”

“These people are crazy,” Dean added. “They’re conspiracy theorists, they’re whack jobs. They’re embedding their own reality. I mean, if they ever really run the country, it’s going to be a disaster for us. … This is why autocrats don’t run good economies, because they start believing in their own B.S.”

Dean also bemoaned the decent Republicans who lacked the courage to stand up to Trump.

“You can tell I’m not running for anything again,” cracked Dean, a presidential contender in 2004, confirming he’s done seeking public office.

On 4/23/2021, 8:02:11, fraufruit said:

“You can tell I’m not running for anything again,” cracked Dean, a presidential contender in 2004, confirming he’s done seeking public office.

Dean upset Iowans and other US voters when he let out an encouraging scream after stating that the Dems would take back the White House; he won only 18% of the vote in the primaries.

By 2016 voter sensitivity had faded spectacularly, with Republicans particularly accepting anything that came out of their candidates' mouths.

NYC Mayoral candidates flub the question about housing prices -

The price was not right.

In their New York City mayoral endorsement interviews, published Monday by The New York Times, Democratic candidates Shaun Donovan and Ray McGuire dramatically underestimated the cost of homes in the city.

When asked the median sales price for a house or apartment in Brooklyn, McGuire, a former Citigroup vice chairman and Wall Street executive responded, "It's got to be somewhere in the $80,000 to $90,000 range, if not higher." The correct answer was $900,000.

When asked the same question, Donovan, who was the head of the Department of Housing and Urban Development under former President Barack Obama and a housing commissioner under former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, answered, "I would guess it is around $100,000." He later emailed to clarify his response as referring to the "assessed value" of homes in Brooklyn, not their price.

the rest

18 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

GQP ousts Liz Cheney from her leadership role for refusing to back the Big Lie that Trump actually won the election and it was somehow stolen from him.

cheney.jpg.6c6a3aef50060cc7622108abfc070

They know they have to keep that narrative going or trump will just be the loser they can't afford him to be.

The republicans will happily have Trump back for the support he has.