Politics Gen XYZ

4,073 posts in this topic

Well this is insane. Weed? Really?

France's top court ruled on Wednesday that the killer of an elderly Jewish woman will not go on trial, France24 reported.

Kobili Traoré admitted to murdering his neighbor, Sarah Halimi, in 2017. He shouted "Allahu Akbar," or "God is great" in Arabic, and "I killed the devil," shortly before throwing her off the balcony of her third-floor Paris apartment, The New York Times said.

On Wednesday, the Court of Cassation - France's final court of appeal - affirmed two prior judgments that ruled that Traoré could not be held criminally responsible for his actions because he was in a state of drug-induced psychosis.

Traoré, a drug dealer, smoked pot every day for 13 years and had up to 15 joints a day, Israel Hayom reported.

I'm amazed he could pull himself up off the floor.

the bit that silty quoted said he was a drug dealer. (edit: snowingagain beat me by like 2.5 seconds)

I doubt it was the pot that made him psychotic and homicidal, though.  Must have been whatever other shit he had on offer.

Missed that. So drug dealer, psychotic and terrorist and he still walks the streets.

I guess he could still buy an AK 40whatever if he was in the US.

can you plead insanity for a hate crime?  Even if he had been on angel dust, doesn't having some sort of religious or political motive and possibly intentionally targeting a Jewish person supersede a plea of temporary insanity? 

1 hour ago, snowingagain said:

He pleaded (pled??) guilty.  But found unfit to stand trial.  Not sure what happens after this.

Normally locked away for good in a criminal loony bin.

2 hours ago, snowingagain said:

He pleaded (pled??) guilty.  But found unfit to stand trial.  Not sure what happens after this.

Good question ! Personally,  I would use both past tense forms in a formal, legal sense..( not that I have ever had to! )😂

Methinks, I would also use “ pleaded “ in a non- legal sense eg: “ I pleaded with my mum not to serve me baked beans yet again “😂

But not “ pled.”

Maybe it depends where you come from.

I was kind of joking.  He "he pleaded guilty" someone sounded weird.  Too long in Germany.

Plead, pled, geplodden?

I find myself writing some English words with German spelling, if you know what I mean.

“ Geplodden.”😂

Beautiful!❤️I want to beg, borrow or steal that word from now on and I will disrespect your patent on it!😀