Politics Gen XYZ

3,742 posts in this topic

Anti-abortion MP Jacob Rees-Mogg admits profiting from sale of abortion pills

Jacob Rees-Mogg, who recently said he was against abortion even for pregnancies resulting from rape, has admitted that his investment firm profits from pills used in abortions.

Mr Rees-Mogg, a devout Catholic who has been touted as a possible replacement for Theresa May as leader of the Conservatives, defended his fund, Somerset

Capital Management’s £5m investment in an Indonesian company called Kalbe Farma.

Mr Rees-Mogg told the Sunday Mirror: “It would be wrong to pretend that I like it but the world is not always what you want it to be.

Can't find a video online of the interview yet, but this morning on BBC Naga Munchetty was interviewing Boris Johnson.

She asked him how he thought he was relatable to families up and down the country.

He fudged and blustered saying "The best answer I can give is that ... I ... I, of course I've been, um, very ... I've had a very happy and wonderful life in mamy, many ways.

Er, I ... I was the beneficiary of ... my parents gave me fantastic opportunities ... and they brought me up ... to be very ... er ... you know ... intellectually (inaudible)"

Later in the interview,

"I was making a barbecue, and there was a bit of broken glass on the, on the ground, and, for some reason or other ... ... a cafetiere, someone had dropped a cafetiere".

Naga Munchetty, "At a barbecue... "

So relatable Boris.  You clueless prick.

A video to back up my earlier post.  Boris with an eloquent and succinct answer as usual.

1 hour ago, hooperski said:

A video to back up my earlier post.  Boris with an eloquent and succinct answer as usual.

That's excruciating. Why is he so inarticulate? I thought he was supposed to be this great wit and star of the Oxford Union. He apparently didn't get a first-class degree, unlike Cameron, and maybe it shows. Perhaps he's just a second-rater to whom admirers ascribe greatness because of his poshness.

Katie Hopkins sells £1m home and moves into rented property after libel case wipes out her finances

Katie Hopkins has been forced to sell her £1million home. The controversial media personality now rents a property after a humiliating libel case.

Hopkins moaned that speaking her mind lost her her career*

The former Apprentice star lost a £500,000 legal case to the writer Jack Monroe.

Monroe won a libel case against Katie Hopkins in 2017, after the controversial former Apprentice star claimed - falsely - Monroe had defaced war memorials.

The far-right activist was forced to sell off her £1million Devon home and now rents after the case wiped out her finances.

*career = being a total bitch

I considered posting this in 'What made you laugh today' Couldn't happen to a 'nicer' person :lol:

8 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

Katie Hopkins sells £1m home and moves into rented property after libel case wipes out her finances

*career = being a total bitch

I considered posting this in 'What made you laugh today' Couldn't happen to a 'nicer' person :lol:

Now maths wasn't my strongest subject but if her house was sold for a million and she lost a 500,000 GBP case then she should have 500k left. Yes? No?.

But the sad bit that shows what a shallow materialistic piece of shit she seems to be is that she talks about now having to rent as if it's downgrading. - A 4 bedroomed modern house, not a Victorian 2up 2 down for students. My heart bleeds, I really feel for her having to admit to her plastic friends that she no longer has a mortgage.

3 hours ago, French bean said:

if her house was sold for a million and she lost a 500,000 GBP case then she should have 500k left.

Not if she had a mortgage.

15 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Not if she had a mortgage.

Fair point but someone earning as much as she did through her column and TV appearances probably earned enough not to really need a mortgage, the other thing is how much does her husband earn. Still no sympathy.