Politics Gen XYZ

2,886 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, balticus said:

Let them eat cake!

https://twitter.com/GuyVerhoftwat/status/1107027018187763713

Racist parody account with the same ideology as the NZ shooter.

1 minute ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

Racist parody account with the same ideology as the NZ shooter.

Could you substantiate that please?   That is a serious claim / accusation and i am sure you have reasons to make such an inflammatory remark (unless you don't). 

I would say Euroskeptic. 

Protests in Paris for the umpteenth straight weekend and Macron is in the mountains at a luxury chalet drinking wine.   

Just now, balticus said:

Could you substantiate that please?   That is a serious claim / accusation and i am sure you have reasons to make such an inflammatory remark (unless you don't). 

I would say Euroskeptic. 

Protests in Paris for the umpteenth straight weekend and Macron is in the mountains at a luxury chalet drinking wine.   

Easy peasy. Read the account's profile description.

5c8e67aeb150c_Screenshot-2019-3-17GuyVer

* What does "more Europe, less Europeans" mean in the context of sarcastic slogans about "diversity" and an "alliance of liberals defending immigration"?  It's "The Great Replacement", that's what.

5c8e680ae1056_Screenshot-2019-3-17GuyVer

* Retweets someone claiming that complaints about Islamophobia leading ot the NZ killing are equivalent to supporting the mass abuse of girls.

Fascist account? Guilty, guilty, guilty.

Macron is no prize but if this is representative of the Gilets Jaunes then I would like to wish Macron a good ski trip.

My contribution was strictly related to the picture of Macron enjoying luxury while Paris is burning for the umpteenth weekend in a row.    If this would be Caracas or Moscow, it would receive heavy coverage.  

Concerns about the "grooming gangs" in the UK and the lack of a coherent immigration policy in the EU are not in the same category as supporting a mass murderer.    

15 minutes ago, balticus said:

My contribution was strictly related to the picture of Macron enjoying luxury while Paris is burning for the umpteenth weekend in a row.    If this would be Caracas or Moscow, it would receive heavy coverage.  

You promoted the account with a link.

Lots of French men are enjoying a glass of wine in the Alps as we speak.  The Gilets Jaunes have received heavy coverage, there are problems in France but clearly these are not good representatives of the French population as a whole.

Concerns about the "grooming gangs" in the UK and the lack of a coherent immigration policy in the EU are not in the same category as supporting a mass murderer.    

The retweet connected this issue -- a forced prostitution ring -- to the murder of Muslims in two mosques in NZ by a man who explicitly motivated his shootings with paranoias and sexual anxieties about Muslim takeovers.  There's no non-racist reading of that retweet, nothing about it that does not materially defend the intellectual climate that created the NZ shooter.

You promoted the account with a link.

I promoted a tweet and not every piece of content on that account. 

If you post a link to a journal, a newspaper or a network broadcast, does it mean that you stand behind every piece of content or opinion in the journal, newspaper or network?   No. 

Lots of French men are enjoying a glass of wine in the Alps as we speak.  The Gilets Jaunes have received heavy coverage, there are problems in France but clearly these are not good representatives of the French population as a whole.

Macron's popularity is low. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-20/macron-s-approval-rating-increases-4-points-to-27-in-ifop-poll

If there are any opinions on the entire Bloomberg site you find offensive, don't completely dismiss this poll and cry "racism!".   

The retweet connected this issue -- a forced prostitution ring -- to the murder of Muslims in a mosque in NZ by a man who explicitly motivated his shootings with paranoias and sexual anxieties about Muslim takeovers.  There's no non-racist reading of that retweet, nothing about it that does not materially defend the intellectual climate that created the NZ shooter.

The tweet complains about censorship and restriction of free speech.    You are reading a lot into something that is not explicitly there.    

1 minute ago, balticus said:

I promoted a tweet and not every piece of content on that account. 

If you post a link to a journal, a newspaper or a network broadcast, does it mean that you stand behind every piece of content or opinion in the journal, newspaper or network?   No. 

The tweet is part of a coherent ideology that goes to the very identity of the account -- ie, their objection to Guy Verhofstadt is his position on immigrants.  Yes, there are certain media outlets that I would say, if you promoted them unironically, you were giving material comfort to their ideology.

No one here has argued that Macron is popular. He was an unenthusiastic choice to prevent Marine Le Pen from becoming president.  That does not mean that the Gilets Jaunes are his true and legitimate antithesis. 

If there are any opinions on the entire Bloomberg site you find offensive, don't completely dismiss this poll and cry "racism!".   

Bloomberg does not make it its main business to transmit an explicitly racist ideology -- that account, however, does.

The tweet complains about censorship and restriction of free speech.    You are reading a lot into something that is not explicitly there.    

It complains about the author's fear that people will examine the content of the NZ shooter's ideology and see that it coincides with the more "mainstream", politer version of the ideology that scapegoats Muslim immigration as such for the Rotherham ring.  The problem is: the NZ shooters ideology does in fact coincide with that anti-immigrant ideology, but says the quiet parts loud.

The tweet is part of a coherent ideology that goes to the very identity of the account -- ie, their objection to Guy Verhofstadt is his position on immigrants.  Yes, there are certain media outlets that I would say, if you promoted them unironically, you were giving material comfort to their ideology.

I see an account skeptical of the current leadership in the EU, e.g. Macron and Verhofstadt. 

It complains about the author's fear that people will examine the content of the NZ shooter's ideology and see that it coincides with the more "mainstream", politer version of the ideology that scapegoats Muslim immigration as such for the Rotherham ring.  The problem is: the NZ shooters ideology does in fact coincide with that anti-immigrant ideology, but says the quiet parts loud.

It does not say all that.   

Criticism of the grooming gangs could be racism, but it is possible to be concerned for reasons other than racist impulses.   In addition, it is possible to be dissatisfied with the lack of the EU immigration policy without being racist.  

I have no interest to discuss the NZ massacre.   

7 minutes ago, balticus said:

I see an account skeptical of the current leadership in the EU, e.g. Macron and Verhofstadt. 

I see a racist account using slogans like "More Europe, Less Europeans".

7 minutes ago, balticus said:

It does not say all that.   

Criticism of the grooming gangs could be racism, but it is possible to be concerned for reasons other than racist impulses.   In addition, it is possible to be dissatisfied with the lack of the EU immigration policy without being racist.  

I have no interest to discuss the NZ massacre.   

But that tweet did, from that account did.  That tweet was about the NZ massacre.  And you promoted a racist account here.

You see sexual anxiety, racism, "fear that people will examine the content of the NZ shooter's ideology and see that it coincides with the more "mainstream", politer version of the ideology that scapegoats Muslim immigration as such for the Rotherham ring" and much more.   You don't mention a fear of censorship which seems to be the tweet's main concern.    All from a tweet which appears after 20 or so entries related to the yellow vest protests.    I don't follow the account so i didn't see this post.    You are another TT'er who seems easily excitable and tending towards hysteria. 

This photo of Macron and this type of behavior will not help during the European elections coming up in a couple of months.    He may have beaten Le Pen (that's good), but his dismal performance since may contribute to a resurgance of populist parties in the next election.  

27 minutes ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

And you promoted a racist account here.

I linked a tweet and in no way was my intent to transmit anything but a critique of a very unpopular and tone deaf Macron. 

That link was in no way a promotion of the account or other content appearing on the account.