Erdogan calls Dutch as well as Germans 'Nazis'

191 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

He makes them feel proud -- that they are heirs of a great history and a great nation, rather than supplicants stuck in someone else's courtyard. 

Sounds very Nazist to me, so why are you not condemning?

8 hours ago, yourkeau said:

It was more or less like Finnland: formally neutral, but morally were supporting its traditional ally Germany, at the end of the war pretended it has never supported Germany.

Anyway, by „Nazis“ people hardly ever mean the events between 1933 and 1945, they mean neo Nazis. For example, Berlin Wall was officially anti Nazi wall, because, well you know, all west Germans were Nazis, according to east German Erdogans.

You confuse Finland with Sweden. Finland was not neutral, it was Nazi-Germany's co-belligerent, because it was attacked by the Soviet Union.

Sweden was, like Turkey, formally neutral but in practice Nazi collaborators. By selling Germany important raw materials to sustain Hitler's war, they also enriched themsleves and came out of the war relatively unharmed.

Sweden was described as "neutral on the side of Germany."  Although the Swedish royal house, the Bernadottes, have a French name, in actuality they are, like the English, German through intermarriage.

The Swedish government allowed the German army to pass through Sweden in sealed rail carriages to invade Norway in April 1940.  

28 minutes ago, klubbnika said:

Sounds very Nazist to me, so why are you not condemning?

Please see my above comparison to the Trump phenomenon. 

3 minutes ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

Please see my above comparison to the Trump phenomenon. 

Funny how you always find justification to the behaviour of those you are fond of.

If you all stop feeding the troll...

Just now, SpiderPig said:

If you all stop feeding the troll...

To be honest, Piggy, I don't see any trolls here.

Let's continue the discussion on this topic.

39 minutes ago, klubbnika said:

It was not a question. It was a statement.

You seem to flip betweene the two views very often, when it suits your arguments.

I never flipped. I believe humans have a mix of capacities: goodness, honesty, cruelty, prejudice, avarice, kindness...

You seem to believe that I must pick some set of these as a theory of "fundamental human nature", or I am "changing my views very often." I, however, never agreed that there was ever any contradiction and remain skeptical about the concept of a single "fundamental human nature".

4 minutes ago, klubbnika said:

Funny how you always find justification to the behaviour of those you are fond of.

Eh? I did precisely the opposite: I compared them to Trump supporters -- it should have been clear from other threads that I consider such reprehensible.

2 minutes ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

Eh? I did precisely the opposite: I compared them to Trump supporters -- it should have been clear from other threads that I consider such reprehensible.

Turkey has been ultra-nationalist since the Ottoman Empire.

It has nothing to do with any "current trend" as you try to claim.

6 minutes ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

I never flipped. I believe humans have a mix of capacities: goodness, honesty, cruelty, prejudice, avarice, kindness...

You seem to believe that I must pick some set of these as a theory of "fundamental human nature", or I am "changing my views very often." I, however, never agreed that there was ever any contradiction and remain skeptical about the concept of a single "fundamental human nature".

Then what makes you think that those who work "off the paper" will start paying taxes at ANY point?

If there aint any Trolling going on, then maybe EB should bring back "Post limitation"...

Erdoğan is ruining Turkey.  Turkey is heading towards a postmodern fascism.

Happy to correct. Time to get the Antifa ruling up. ;)

10 hours ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

41 minutes ago, bramble said:

41 minutes ago, bramble said:

Hah, hah, hah :lol:. Perfect ruling by the court. This angle somehow didn't strike me when Erdogan was asking "WHERE IS THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH?". Any Tom Dick and Harry foreign politician coming over to Germany and claiming the Constitutional rights...I'm sure he treats a foreigner in Turkey the same way, oh no wait, his prisons are full.

Typical Fascist. Where be the Antifa tho? ;)

10 hours ago, Conquistador said:

The "good guys" won't ever attain power in Turkey anyway, so why bother sucking up to Erdogan by trying to do Kabuki Theater on a comically inept "putsch"?

I gave up last night on trying to decode what this meant, but now I realize (?) that what Conquistador is saying is that Turkey is somehow not susceptible to the full range of incentives that a country in its geopolitical and economic position would be susceptible to, because reasons.  Even interpreted that way, it still causes me to scratch my head a little.  Even the AKP itself is highly flexible and its behaviour quite susceptible to incentives, especially since Erdoğan is, as everyone knows, really very corrupt! 

1 hour ago, Erdmann said:

Happy to correct. Time to get the Antifa ruling up. ;)

Yep. Nazism and fascism wouldn't be name-calling in the instance of Turkey.

Just the description of the reality.