Germans infertile?

217 posts in this topic

Pray tell, sealioness - how many pups do you have, that have such a vast trove of experience to draw upon?

27 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Pray tell, sealioness - how many pups do you have, that have such a vast trove of experience to draw upon?

Oh, just shut up now.

On Sat Mar 11 01:51:14, vmelchers said:
On Sat Mar 11 12:38:41, J0ker said:
1 hour ago, klubbnika said:

Then why is it bad to outsource pre-kindergarten?

How to manage the quote system on Android? Just look up what I wrote yesterday at 5:13 pm. Provided that's a serious question - which I somehow doubt.

47 minutes ago, jeba said:

How to manage the quote system on Android? Just look up what I wrote yesterday at 5:13 pm. Provided that's a serious question - which I somehow doubt.

Yes it is.

All the arguments you have against kindergarten one can apply also against school.

I do not believe in this bonding bullshit but my observation is this: kids in Bavaria are very well behaved. They are great, they are cute. Always greeting a stranger (e.g. me). And so are the dogs (I am not sure if it's polite to compare children with animals, but since jeba mentioned it in this thread, I came to conclusion it's ok), I have never seen so very well behaved and non agressive dogs anywhere else.

Is it because Bavarians tend to stay at home more, because Bavaria is rich and one parent can earn enough? I don't know, but I've read such opinions re. correlation between crime and spending time with children. So, unfounded jeba's principles aren't even when jeba is not entirely scientific in his conclusions.

However, there are alternatives to staying at home: taking a child to work and working and keeping an eye on child at the same time. Well, not entirely possible for Baustelle or factory workers, but white collars can do that. Well, not in Germany.

Dear yourkeau! Bonding bullshit?

There was a geezer (a guy ) once and he always said " my name is Bond, James Bond "...women swarmed all over him. Please learn from him!:P 

7 minutes ago, john g. said:

Dear yourkeau! Bonding bullshit?

There was a geezer (a guy ) once and he always said " my name is Bond, James Bond "...women swarmed all over him. Please learn from him!:P 

That's different bonding! :P

Dear yourkeau! When I was a young man - and in the days when we had telephones (ie NO emails and stuff like that!) - I would casually answer the phone when it rang with " hello, my name is Gunn..John Gunn ". Women swarmed all over me. 

Too tired for that these days...I just answer emails!!:lol:

21 minutes ago, john g. said:

... in the days when we had telephones (ie NO emails and stuff like that!) - I would casually answer the phone when it rang with " hello, my name is Gunn..John Gunn ".

In my days most people in the UK woud just answer the phone either with "Hello" or "Main 1234567" reciting the telephone number & "Main" was Manchester.

24 minutes ago, john g. said:

Dear yourkeau! When I was a young man - and in the days when we had telephones (ie NO emails and stuff like that!) - I would casually answer the phone when it rang with " hello, my name is Gunn..John Gunn ". Women swarmed all over me. 

Too tired for that these days...I just answer emails!!:lol:

That is one helluva corny line John!But if it worked when you had the energy why not ! :D

Doesn´t work any more, dear bobbylines. These days, I answer the phone differently:

" Hello, this is John  speaking. I´m about to have my hourly kip. Please call back next year "..life is tough when you get older/ish..:lol:

And i thought you answered,Hello here is John I've got to save a cat and dog before i take my hourly kip! keep up your good deeds john,i bet you were boy scout years ago ;)

Boys Brigade kicked me out, bobby, after one meeting. I refused (or  didn´t know how to ) to polish my belt! :rolleyes:And I had no mum at home...(amazing how you can get to 60 odd or more and look back to your childhood and what was missing..this stuff doesn´t really disappear..)

Cats and dogs and kindly people wherever they are  from; ALWAYS!

Childhood? what,s that? Ahhh now i know what was missing in my life a childhood whatever that is,life begins when you leave "home" and move to germany :)

8 hours ago, klubbnika said:

All the arguments you have against kindergarten one can apply also against school.

Has it ever occured to you that a 6yo will be in a different stage of development than a newborn? Also:

On 16.3.2017, 17:13:03, jeba said:

"Urvertrauen" (basic sense of trust is a poor translation, I´m afraid) which will develop (or not) within the first 3 years of life?

Well, MTV Junior is back in his new home today. Healthy and sleepy.

The hospital where he was born had many (80%?) immigrant mums: loads of Turkish women, Africans and East Europeans. Local mums defo in the minority.

So at least certain parts of the DEU population are doing their bit (!)

Massive congratulations on the birth of MTV junior. Wishing you enough sleep and patience for the coming months :rolleyes: They should rush your application in thanks at your provision of another taxpayer, really.

2 hours ago, More tea, Vicar? said:

The hospital where he was born had many (80%?) immigrant mums: loads of Turkish women, Africans and East Europeans. Local mums defo in the minority.

Good man! Keep that flagpole upstanding for Britain (and South Africa).

4 hours ago, More tea, Vicar? said:

Congratulations! Speedy recovery for mom and bestest wishes for the little one.

On 3/17/2017, 2:48:12, jeba said:

My point of view is not based on the desire of judging others, but on my conviction of what is in the best interest of kids. Would you blame me for snobbery if I advocated that e. g. dogowners should exercise their dogs at least twice a day (which btw is indeed another conviction of mine). I don´t know how I can keep on living with that accusation - but I´ll give it a try ;)

As I stated in this and other threads you chimed in I never spoke out against kindergarten - quite the contrary.

Why would she have been that - she loved our kids to bits. It doesn´t matter whether mom or dad is the primary caregiver. It might even be another relative (e. g. grandparents) as long as there is that special bond kids won´t usually have with someone who is paid to look after them. I never said both parents should stay at home. It´s not as if I didn´t understand that you need to be able to provide for food and housing, you know.

There's such thing as people who love their jobs, and caregiving is certainly an area of profession that has plenty of such people. It's not like people become caregiver for the money. 

There's also such thing as bad parents and bad grandparents, unfortunately. Most of child abuse are done by the family members. So you can't throw a blanket judgment that family is good and caregivers are bad. Love can be given by anyone. My children were put in the Kita since they're one year old. Their distant cousin stayed home until three. Guess who developed to be well-rounded, loving, smart and happy children? 

All of them.